Orchard Hills - Capella by Taylor Morrison

gasman said:
ps9 said:
Did they say why?  Waiting for suckers to pick up Quinterra standing inventory?  Don't want grand opening with brush fires on Loma Ridge? 

And curiously... what made you consider here over other homes in Irvine?

Hey PS9...no, they did not say why, but I would either suspect (1) the models aren't ready due to construction delays, or (2) the brush fires.  There doesn't seem to be any shortage of pre-qualified interest per TMHF, so I wouldn't consider Quinterra to be a factor.  I did visit Quinterra to look at the Residence 1 floor plan (basically identical to Capella), and liked what I saw.  I'm not so keen on paying a severe premium for a Groves location, but I guess we'll see what that premium looks like in the coming weeks.

We've been looking all over Irvine, so OH is just next on the list.  I've got Strada on my radar, but their floor plans are uninspiring, and I suspect the pricing will be inflated.  We've run through all our options at CV, and gave Mulberry a good hard look.  In the end, the lot size and setback were too much to handle (or is "not enough" more accurate?).  PS is a big fat NO, but Quinterra was useful in understanding the TM approach to homebuilding for Capella.  At SG, we looked at Mendocino but it was underwhelming, and Arcadia (Tri-Pointe) is still in the mix.  They're supposed to kick off the other half of their units this month, so I'll be keeping an eye on those.  My wife and I really took a liking to Tri-Pointe's approach to homebuilding.  At PP, we are on the list for Sagewood (Shea) so that's a viable option at the moment (Phase 9-11).  Obviously their 3CG (no "W") and 5500+sf lot sizes are the draw.  I'm trying to track down details on the apartments TIC is building between PP and 133, as Sagewood is on the border...not sure how this will factor in.

Anyway, VERY long answer to a VERY short question.  I'm sure this can spawn an entire thread on its own.  Have I done my homework?  Or am I missing something?

(please don't say "resale"...we've been looking for months and it's just not happening...)

Lastly...I've been a lurker for a few weeks, and just started posting yesterday.  It's been quite an experience reading all y'all's posts.  ;D

TM sends an email yesterday May 1 confirming appointments this weekend.  Today, May 2, they call to say the viewings have been rescheduled for another 2 weeks due to some trucks out there grading with the other builders.  Sounds like BS.  Something probably happened and they need 2 weeks to fix it.  Pricing, models, etc who knows

gasman said:
Also learned that the next buildout at Great Park (SW of PP) won't happen until 2016...bummer.

Not sure what's your timeframe but the area 5b, corner of Jeffrey and Portola Pkwy, might be coming sooner. Late 2014 or Spring 2015?http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,3654.0.html

TIC had been planning this new community for a while now, it definitely will not be as expensive as OH and some SFR from the initial info looks promising.

Anyone going to the debut tomorrow May 17? Please post phase 1 pricing, lot size, mello, hoa if anyone is going. Thanks

lovingit said:
Anyone going to the debut tomorrow May 17? Please post phase 1 pricing, lot size, mello, hoa if anyone is going. Thanks

1 million, laughable, 0.7%, $250

Not going but those are my guesses.  Please post a picture of the million dollar back yard.  And the wonderful city lights or hill views from the home. 

Saw the homes today.  Small backyards.  About 6 feet setback, averaging 3800-4000 sq ft.
HOA is $279/month. But MR is $4700 annually
Starting at $1.285m

Pretty nice homes.  Better than Quinterra floor plans, but lots are tiny.  The ones that back toward south, are going to cost at least $100k for the "view"  He said there are already people waiting for it.

Saviero, if you can afford it, is nicer as their lots average 6500 sq ft with 3 car tandem garage.

lovingit said:
Saw the homes today.  Small backyards.  About 6 feet setback, averaging 3800-4000 sq ft.
Starting at $1.285m

Pretty nice homes.  Better than Quinterra floor plans, but lots are tiny.  The ones that back toward south, are going to cost at least $100k for the "view"  He said there are already people waiting for it.

Saviero, if you can afford it, is nicer as their lots average 6500 sq ft with 3 car tandem garage.
[/quo

What is the pricing on Saviero?

ps9 said:
sitemap_zps08d1f964.jpg

Where's my yard?  :'(

So the lots on Long Fence has a view lot premium?  What can you see from the shoebox yard? 

lovingit said:
Starting at $1.285m

So based on Capella's MR, Amelia/Trevi should not be over $10k right?

thatOSguy said:
lovingit said:
HOA is $279/month. But MR is $4700 annually5r
"
Nearly 2x NP for the same or less amenities.

Agreed. But not as bad as PP which is 6 to7k MR annually. I guess TUSD is way less than IUSD.  We are also debating NP, but they are pushing hard for the people on the list. Resale from OH should be way higher than NP, dont you guys think? I just saw a house go pending in LA at 1.9 when they bought for 1.2 from 2 years ago. But then again, is OH the same as LA?

Irvine Dream said:
lovingit said:
Starting at $1.285m

[/quo

What is the pricing on Saviero?

They havent gotten saviero pricing finalized but we,dropped by and talked to the reps. They are guessing starting 1.58m. So if you can squeeze an extra 300k, you get a 3 car garage, 800 more sq ft and a much bigger lot.

I am confused on the pricing.  Saviero is larger than La Vita, Messina, and Vicenza but La Vita was supposed to start at 1.6 million, Messina more than 1.5 million, and Vicenza at 1.6 Million.  So if you can afford it Saviero is the way to go?

lovingit said:
The crowd was mainly in the 30s to 50s. Americanized asian, and caucasian. I didnt see many fcbs.

What no FCBS?!  I'm outta here, my Capella house will never appreciate.

ps9 said:
lovingit said:
The crowd was mainly in the 30s to 50s. Americanized asian, and caucasian. I didnt see many fcbs.

What no FCBS?!  I'm outta here, my Capella house will never appreciate.

Could it be the Fung Shei????  Anyone know if the Fung Shei is good like Laguna Altura?

Back