Orchard Hills - Capella by Taylor Morrison

ps9 always finds the best things...

Initial thoughts:
Plan 2's the only one I like. For my personal reasons, I'd rule out plan 3 immediately because of a pass-thru laundry room from the garage. Plan 1 doesn't have a downstairs powder room (just a full bathroom), which is something I really prefer. Plan 2 looks attractive enough without having any deal-breakers due to personal preferences. Of course, a nice floor plan does not equal good home once it's actually built.

Walked thru plan 1 Quinterra (Capella), didn't feel like $1.4 million, downstairs feels weird as you walk into the dining room from foyer, only thing I liked are the windows in the master closet, always liked that idea.

3B8F384D-A7DF-4CF0-9D49-2ACBC4F9FB90_zpsynadlkx4.jpg

A small dining table :(

NYT said:
ps9 always finds the best things...

Initial thoughts:
Plan 2's the only one I like. For my personal reasons, I'd rule out plan 3 immediately because of a pass-thru laundry room from the garage. Plan 1 doesn't have a downstairs powder room (just a full bathroom), which is something I really prefer. Plan 2 looks attractive enough without having any deal-breakers due to personal preferences. Of course, a nice floor plan does not equal good home once it's actually built.

For some reason, the Capella 1 reminds me of The Field plan 3 at Lambert Ranch which I really like.  Capella 2 is pretty attractive too but not so sure about the side facing front door.  This is probably just me but with the plan 2, the first thing you see when you open the front door is the wall and possible your neighbor's side yard door where they keep the trash cans.  Capella 3 is same as the Quinterra 2 except the laundry room moved down to the first floor.  They should just keep it at 2nd floor.

CAPELLA-1A-large_zpsc302cacd.jpg

CAPELLA-1B-large_zps0a5c64c1.jpg

CAPELLA-1D-large_zps93baf9a4.jpg

Capella Residence 1
Village of Orchard Hills

Overview
4 Bedrooms
4.0 Bathrooms
2,916 Sq. Ft.
2 Car Garage
Coming Soon

Featuring
Four spacious bedrooms including downstairs Mother-In-Law Suite w/ Bathroom
Expansive Walk-In Closet in Master Suite
Two story open floor with large loft
Four bathrooms
Convenient Upstairs Laundry
California Room outside for entertaining
Optional Conservatory or Terrace
Formal Dining Room
Walk-in Pantry
Entry Foyer to welcome guests

CAPELLA-2A-large_zpsfef13f55.jpg

CAPELLA-2B-large_zps35206d09.jpg

CAPELLA-2D-large_zps4d38948c.jpg

Capella Residence 2
Village of Orchard Hills

Overview
4 Bedrooms
4.5 Bathrooms
3,060 Sq. Ft.
2 Car Garage
Coming Soon

Featuring
Two story spacious floor plan
Open Loft Area Upstairs
Large Kitchen with Island
Walk-In Pantry
California Room or Optional Conservatory
Formal Entry Foyer to Welcome Guests
Four spacious bedrooms
Four and a half bathrooms
Large Master Bath with dual vanities and separate tub & shower
Upstairs Laundry Room with a sink

CAPELLA-3A-large_zps3ee61a6d.jpg

CAPELLA-3B-large_zps8f2633b5.jpg

CAPELLA-3D-large_zps0ae0415f.jpg

Capella Residence 3
Village of Orchard Hills

Overview
4 Bedrooms
4.5 Bathrooms
3,210 Sq. Ft.
2 Car Garage
Coming Soon

Featuring
Two story open floor plan
Separate Family Room & Dining Room
Spacious Pantry
Kitchen with Large Island
Downstairs Mother-In-Law Suite w/ Bathroom
Four bedrooms with spacious closets
Over-sized Master Suite with sitting area
Open Loft Area upstairs
Convenient Powder Room for guests
Formal Entry

How much more money would you spend if your house was to be zoned to Irvine rather than Tustin?
5%
10%?
Since perception is reality this question is important.
I think I will create my first poll since I want to see what people think.

zubs said:
How much more money would you spend if your house was to be zoned to Irvine rather than Tustin?
5%
10%?
Since perception is reality this question is important.
I think I will create my first poll since I want to see what people think.

The Tustin schools these home zone into are pretty good and not much different to the Irvine's so I would not spend more just for IUSD.  These home already price at a premium for OH location, I don't think they can ask for more.

Also for the affluent home owners who can afford these homes, I think most of their kids are already set for life.  Most of these kids probably already have a huge down payment ready for them when they grow up.  They really don't need to attend IUSD and struggle with rest of J6P's kids.

But if you sign in/register right now, you can't bring in you favorite broker to get rebate on your new home.  Unless you sign in with a fake info. >:D

Irvine Dream said:
I did click, click, click so that I can have the privillage of shaking hands with my neighbors without leaving my (new) house

Don't you want your FAT rebate and bring your broker! If so I wouldn't recommend going to that.

Back