Few new listings coming soon...

id_rather_be_racing said:
Nice, first resale in CVE Martin?  Curious to see how this one goes.

As for location, this has been one of the most obvious perks of living in CVE.  It's so easy to get to anywhere in Irvine in a relatively short time.  My only concerns now are how ridiculously backed up Marine Way (one lane each way) gets on weekends and during events at the fivepoint ampitheatre.  I got stuck once in that awful traffic for nearly 20 minutes, and the godawful I-5 and Sand Canyon intersections make it even worse.  Other than that, can't recommend CVE enough.

I would just make a u-turn and go all the way around to Trabuco to Sand Canyon. It would probably be way faster than 20 minutes when traffic backs up like that.

Nice, first resale in CVE Martin?  Curious to see how this one goes.

As for location, this has been one of the most obvious perks of living in CVE.  It's so easy to get to anywhere in Irvine in a relatively short time.  My only concerns now are how ridiculously backed up Marine Way (one lane each way) gets on weekends and during events at the fivepoint ampitheatre.  I got stuck once in that awful traffic for nearly 20 minutes, and the godawful I-5 and Sand Canyon intersections make it even worse.  Other than that, can't recommend CVE enough.

Yup, first resale in CVE for me.

@irbracing:

Yeah, not sure why they haven't done anything about Marine Way... considering that's one of the main conduits into the Great Park. I assume they want you to take Trabuco/Great Park Blvd but coming from the south, Marine Way is "closer".

The funny thing is when we bought our house in CVE, one of the disclosures was a proposal to relocate the bus yard and move marine way road to intersect with the I-5N on/offramp.  That would fix half of the issue, but I've yet to see any updates on that project. And that sign rerouting people to use Great Park blvd is useless because most people will just use google maps to navigate and it will always route you through marine way coming from the south.

Martin, will there be an open house this weekend?

irvinehomeowner said:
@irbracing:

Yeah, not sure why they haven't done anything about Marine Way... considering that's one of the main conduits into the Great Park. I assume they want you to take Trabuco/Great Park Blvd but coming from the south, Marine Way is "closer".

The funny thing is when we bought our house in CVE, one of the disclosures was a proposal to relocate the bus yard and move marine way road to intersect with the I-5N on/offramp.  That would fix half of the issue, but I've yet to see any updates on that project. And that sign rerouting people to use Great Park blvd is useless because most people will just use google maps to navigate and it will always route you through marine way coming from the south.

irvinehomeowner said:
@irbracing:

Yes sir, I'll be there so come on by.

irvinehomeowner said:
@irbracing:

I signed the same disclosures! I think that plan is still in the works but later down the line.  It would definitely alleviate some of the traffic at the on/off ramp but living in CVE is much easier than trying to fight our way up Sand Canyon. Haha.

I have the following 2 new listings coming up within this next week...

Harbor Station Plan 4X attached condo in the Glenwood community in Aliso Viejo.  This end-unit condo has 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, and a upstairs tech space with 1,631sf of living space.  The condo will be listed later on today at $599,900.

Rowland Plan 1 attached condo in Beacon Park (Great Park) in Irvine.  The condo has 2 bedrooms and 2.5 baths with 1,694sf of living space.  The condo will be listed next week in the high $600s.

irvinehomeowner said:

They are now building a road to extend Marine Way from Barranca, that will go under the railway line. Hopefully that will ease out a lot of traffic woes in that area.

_curious said:

irvinehomeowner said:

They are now building a road to extend Marine Way from Barranca, that will go under the railway line. Hopefully that will ease out a lot of traffic woes in that area.

Where did you see this information? I would love to drive to Costco/Spectrum without going all the way around.

_curious said:

Where are they planning to extend it, can you show us on a map?  I feel like you'll still have to go around be it Marine Way to Sand Canyon to Laguna to Technology OR Marine way all the way down to wherever they plan to make the underpass.  And if it's closer to Barranca/Alton then the existing route is still quicker.  Hopefully it's like Aquabliss stated at Ridge Valley / Marine Way.  But I feel like that isn't going to happen, way too much traffic for that spot. 

It?s on Barranca right next to Broadcom building, I think the big signage is still there (Marine Way extension)

Ugh so it's way on the east side of Marine way like where the red line is attached?  Wish it was on the other end.

Attachments

• map_alton.jpg
    map_alton.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 329
I guess, people are fleeing in high cost area like Irvine, so they continue to build homes, large projects and major roads to support ghosts moving in. I am sure the Irvine Company massively builds apartments with rents dropping and no demands. Irvine is in troubles.🤤

Reminds me of how they poorly planned The District and everyone uses District Way as the entrance but the planners say that Von Karman/Tustin Ranch Road is supposed to be the "main entrance".

I'll be listing a nicely upgraded a Paloma Plan 4 attached town home which is located in Portola Springs next week.  The home features 4 bedrooms with 4.5 bathrooms (4 of the bathrooms are en-suite) along with a downstairs bedroom and full bath and 2,665sf of living space.  The home will be listed for $980,000.

Back