Costco check?

Was at Tustin Marketplace Costco yesterday around 2pm. Tons of toilet paper and no line to enter the store. I'm not sure if word got out but by the time I finished there must have been 100 people in line to enter the store.

Costco Tustin (El Camino) at 11:30AM:  TP and PT out. 

Everyone with masks on and no one is really talking.  Most are avoiding eye contact and of course trying to stay away from each other.  Oh, and while you are waiting in line outside, guided by the stacks of crates that separate the lines, you get to listen to a recorded message on loudspeaker re: social distancing etc., felt weirdly similar to Disneyland where you listen to recorded instructions while you waited in those long lines.  These are the moments when I realize how incredibly surreal all this is, like a sci fi movie...

Costco at the district had the same social distancing message on the speakers inside and outside.

Last week I went to Costco twice in the afternoon (Spectrum and District) where they've had plenty of TP... I didn't need any... I think I was the only one who didn't have a pack in my cart. :)

I think it just depends... but if you really need TP and PT, as I've said in the other stores thread, local grocery stores usually have it in the morning.

How many TP and PT do people really need?  I mean, I know that because most folks are working at home they'll need it more but come on.  My dad has over 50 rolls of TP and 40 PT and he lives alone as my grandma passed away last year (I figure that would last him for a year).  He forced me to take 10 of each even that I have over a dozen rolls of TP and PT when I went to visit him last week.  haha

USCTrojanCPA said:
How many TP and PT do people really need?  I mean, I know that because most folks are working at home they'll need it more but come on.  My dad has over 50 rolls of TP and 40 PT and he lives alone as my grandma passed away last year (I figure that would last him for a year).  He forced me to take 10 of each even that I have over a dozen rolls of TP and PT when I went to visit him last week.  haha

Dang, you lucky you have a dad that disburse the essentials.  :)

Compressed-Village said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

He didn't even charge me.  haha  I told him that he's part of the problem being a hoarder and that he doesn't need to buy anymore. Now I have like 4 months worth of TP and PT. :p

USCTrojanCPA said:
Compressed-Village said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

He didn't even charge me.  haha  I told him that he's part of the problem being a hoarder and that he doesn't need to buy anymore. Now I have like 4 months worth of TP and PT. :p

Free rolls of TP at your next open house!

Just came back from Costco (Tustin - El Camino).  It doesn't look like they are limiting the number of people who can enter so no long lines.  Plenty of paper products including TP.  A small percentage of patrons not wearing masks (I counted at least 9). 

Asked about mask requirement and they said they are not requiring patrons to have masks on.  (I don't believe that the City of Tustin is requiring patrons to wear masks yet like Irvine?)  It's so strange to see someone w/o a mask on, so you can't help but look at them... ;D

Went to Costco yesterday at the district and also note no line to get in and The inside was the busiest I had seen it post locks down era. The line to get out whole long took about 10-15 minutes.

They were fully stocked with paper towels and water. They had regular Clorox bleach as well, plenty of it. Still no Clorox/Lysol/Kirkland wipes. Wasn?t looking for TP so did not pay attention as to whether they had it or not. This was about 4pm

qwerty said:
Went to Costco yesterday at the district and also note no line to get in and The inside was the busiest I had seen it post locks down era. The line to get out whole long took about 10-15 minutes.

They were fully stocked with paper towels and water. They had regular Clorox bleach as well, plenty of it. Still no Clorox/Lysol/Kirkland wipes. Wasn?t looking for TP so did not pay attention as to whether they had it or not. This was about 4pm

Some lysol products are avail from Costco Business Center -- they will deliver to business address but not home or PO BOX.

Costco @ Laguna Niguel ~ 11am: No line to enter, no line to pay. Lots of TP and paper towels. Limiting fresh meat to 3 per customer (One per category: 1-chicken, 1-beef, 1-pork). No limit on fresh fish. Didn't see any wipes but wasn't really looking for it.

Costco @ District
TP in stock (huge amount, really big)
It is interesting that another Costco I went to last week does not have TP in stock.

The price of toilet paper and paper towels has gone up quite a bit at local supermarkets.  What happened to anti price gauging laws?

If Costco lines are short, now may be a good time to restock TP and paper towels.  If paper towels are not avail you can substitute with paper napkins.

Paper towels are easier to find than napkins for us, but we never actively look or go to multiple stores/markets looking.  We make a Costco trip every other week and take a quick look, paper towels and TP available every time we went, but we're short on actual napkins now.  We even got clorox wipes once.  I guess we're lucky with Costco.

momopi said:
The price of toilet paper and paper towels has gone up quite a bit at local supermarkets.  What happened to anti price gauging laws?

If Costco lines are short, now may be a good time to restock TP and paper towels.  If paper towels are not avail you can substitute with paper napkins.

I can't believe so many people use napkins, my family always just rips off a small select-a-size from a paper towel and use it as a napkin.  I can now usually find Paper Towels at Costco but always Kirkland brand.  I haven't seen Bounty select-a-size available at Costco for many months, though I'm not the type to go early in the morning and stand in line before opening.

Back