Costco check?

someone at my work went to Laguna Niguel Costco today around 1:30 and said there was very few people there. No lines.

In Stock: Eggs, butter, break, gatorade, infant formula, poultry,milk, sugar, diapers, water, ground beef

No stock: paper towels, sanitizer, flushable wipes, facial tissue, rice, rubbing alcohol, flour, bath tissue, hydrogen peroxide, bleach, disinfecting wipes, gloves, vinegar, pet food

Costco at Alton (near Spectrum) had no line today. I went in 12:30pm and finished by 1:00pm. There were plenty of stuff in stock.

There is a sign at the entrance that says they don't have certain stuff like paper products, but when I went in they were restocking those. Many could grab TP. I would assume the sign was not up to date/minute.

Mety said:
Costco at Alton (near Spectrum) had no line today. I went in 12:30pm and finished by 1:00pm. There were plenty of stuff in stock.

There is a sign at the entrance that says they don't have certain stuff like paper products, but when I went in they were restocking those. Many could grab TP. I would assume the sign was not up to date/minute.

Nice. So as you said, they do restock during the day, so maybe a midday visit would be more fruitful. I will try as it's near home and I know some others who have not been able to get paper products.

Thanks!

Mety said:

I was there at 11:30 and TP was already gone.  But right around 12:00, there?s new delivery of TP and a long line form immediately towards the back to pick up TP. 

Yeah, it?s not crowded at all and plenty of stuff in stock.

Costco run at 8pm at district. No lines to get in. No lines to pay. Huge area for water. Looked like they just restocked the water because it was full. Most everyone was in stock except TP and didn?t see any bleach/Clorox wipes.

Interesting that TP is still in such demand. The Ralph?s on jamboree has TP the other day around 4pm. Not much left but still had some.

Is The District Costco the most crowded one in this area?

I passed by there today because I had to go to Lowes and there was a long line of people still. This was after 1pm so maybe the District one is too popular during the day.

And from what I remember, instead of letting people in a little at a time as people leave, they just wait for about 15-20 minutes and then let a large amount of people in.

I think that's inefficient, they should let people is as people come out.

irvinehomeowner said:
Is The District Costco the most crowded one in this area?

I passed by there today because I had to go to Lowes and there was a long line of people still. This was after 1pm so maybe the District one is too popular during the day.

And from what I remember, instead of letting people in a little at a time as people leave, they just wait for about 15-20 minutes and then let a large amount of people in.

I think that's inefficient, they should let people is as people come out.

I actually saw similar happening from Alton one. When I was entering, there was no line. But when I was exiting, they had people line up. Then when there were about 10 people lined up, they let them in. Maybe they control how many are going in and out? Not 100% sure though. But overall, there were not many people inside the store. It actually felt pretty empty.

Costco has learned to market like the nightclubs. The longer the line line outside the more people want to get in.

qwerty said:
Costco has learned to market like the nightclubs. The longer the line line outside the more people want to get in.

Is everyone in line practicing social distancing?

Went to Spectrum. No line to get in, no snaking line to get out.

No TP or paper towels but they had Kleenex.

Actually just went to look at cookware and get fruit.

Lots of ninjas walking around. :)

I did an 8pm run at the District. No lines but no TP either. They have an excessive amount of bottled water if you?re thirsty.  Starting Monday they will close at 6:30pm  on week days and 6pm on weekends.

Who in their right mind would shop at Costco at this point? I think that WuFlu is more than a little overblown, but still...cannot comprehend why you wouldn't just shop at a regular grocery store and avoid the zombies coughing and sneezing all over everything. Is it really worth saving a couple dollars here and there? I'm sure the savings of shopping at Costco for a full year are blown during 1 dinner out at Diamond Jamboree.

Halos said:
Who in their right mind would shop at Costco at this point? I think that WuFlu is more than a little overblown, but still...cannot comprehend why you wouldn't just shop at a regular grocery store and avoid the zombies coughing and sneezing all over everything. Is it really worth saving a couple dollars here and there? I'm sure the savings of shopping at Costco for a full year are blown during 1 dinner out at Diamond Jamboree.

Because the early morning limit of 1 pack of 30 rolls of TP at Costco yields more than the max 12 rolls you can never find at a grocery store. :)

Back