Costco check?

Halos said:
Who in their right mind would shop at Costco at this point? I think that WuFlu is more than a little overblown, but still...cannot comprehend why you wouldn't just shop at a regular grocery store and avoid the zombies coughing and sneezing all over everything. Is it really worth saving a couple dollars here and there? I'm sure the savings of shopping at Costco for a full year are blown during 1 dinner out at Diamond Jamboree.

They don?t cough and sneeze at the grocery store?

qwerty said:
Halos said:
Who in their right mind would shop at Costco at this point? I think that WuFlu is more than a little overblown, but still...cannot comprehend why you wouldn't just shop at a regular grocery store and avoid the zombies coughing and sneezing all over everything. Is it really worth saving a couple dollars here and there? I'm sure the savings of shopping at Costco for a full year are blown during 1 dinner out at Diamond Jamboree.

Four Southland Grocery Workers Test Positive For COVID-19
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...y-workers-test-positive-for-covid-19/2337328/

Halos said:

I love Costco and Trade Joe but you are right. My brand loyalty does put me at higher risk. We should all consider shopping at less crowded alternatives or shopping at odd times to reduce your risk. Besides, it seems like you can get more hard to find items at these less popular stores.

eyephone said:
qwerty said:
Halos said:

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...y-workers-test-positive-for-covid-19/2337328/

One at Sprouts Tustin Marketplace.

aquabliss said:
eyephone said:
qwerty said:
Halos said:

One at Sprouts Tustin Marketplace.

Worker at H.B. Whole Foods Market tests positive for coronavirus; store remains open

An employee at a Whole Foods Market in Huntington Beach has tested positive for the coronavirus that causes the respiratory disease COVID-19.

A company spokeswoman confirmed Thursday that the employee works at the store at 7881 Edinger Ave., in the Bella Terra mall, and is now in quarantine. She did not release further details, including when the employee last worked, because of privacy concerns.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.la...rket-tests-positive-for-coronavirus?_amp=true

I get it, I was a regular shopper at Costco as well....that ended in late January. You can order toilet paper online from Target, and they'll deliver it to your doorstep. Why are people waking up at 5a to camp in front of Costco with 1000 other vectors for TP?

Halos said:
I get it, I was a regular shopper at Costco as well....that ended in late January. You can order toilet paper online from Target, and they'll deliver it to your doorstep. Why are people waking up at 5a to camp in front of Costco with 1000 other vectors for TP?

Have you tried to order online from Target? Last time I checked they said they were unable to ship TP products.

Same with most online stores.

irvinehomeowner said:
Halos said:

Have you tried to order online from Target? Last time I checked they said they were unable to ship TP products.

We ordered it a couple weeks ago...possible things have changed. Regardless, Costco is absolutely the worst place you can be at this moment...minus being in a hospital.

Halos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Halos said:

We ordered it a couple weeks ago...possible things have changed. Regardless, Costco is absolutely the worst place you can be at this moment...minus being in a hospital.

Yes. Things have changed. That?s why people will still brave Costco. 

But since you haven?t been in a while, the precautions make it safer than some grocery stores. They limit number of people who can be inside and they try to enforce social distancing as much as possible.

Many shoppers are wearing masks and gloves and it?s very empty.

I feel more at risk at Albertsons.

Costco does the best job I?ve seen of trying to disinfect carts. Then they put the clean carts for customers to use.

Inside, I pay at the self checkout. They have workers who clean the silver tray you lay the items on after you scan them (assuming it?s a scale?). I still wipe down the silver tray/scale anyway before I put my stuff on it.

I think my experience at Costco is safer than grocery store where the clerk uses the same gloves customer after customer.

No one is shipping toilet paper except eBay. Target won?t even do order pickup or drive up when TP is in stock. You have to physically go into a store to buy it.

Got in Spectrum Costco at 9:55 and TP and paper towels just ran out.  They only had one pallet of each. Looks like if you really need these stuff, get in line early before they open and you will get it. 

They still out of napkins, Lysol Spray, isopropyl alcohol, liquid soap, but everything else is fully stocked.  And it?s not crowded at all.

lnc said:
Got in Spectrum Costco at 9:55 and TP and paper towels just ran out.  They only had one pallet of each. Looks like if you really need these stuff, get in line early before they open and you will get it. 

They still out of napkins, Lysol Spray, isopropyl alcohol, liquid soap, but everything else is fully stocked.  And it?s not crowded at all.

The Ralphs on Culver had a ton of TP yesterday at 10AM.  Target-Spectrum at TP at 9AM as well, but they were running low.

I get that Costco is great but some of the lines that I see at the Tustin and District Costco are nuts, almost as bad as the gas lines at the District Costco gas station.  I rather go to Ralphs, Albertsons, and Trader Joes for what I need.

Went to Costco at the district this morning at around 10:15. There was a small line outside, I was number 20 in line and only a couple of people after me.  Took no more than 10 minutes to go in.

Inside there was a bunch of TP, just the Kirkland brand but beggars can?t be choosers. Didn?t really need TP but got a big Kirkland package anyway. I have not gone to Costco this early since the they modified their hours. While getting in was not much of an issue, getting out kind of sucked. They had a line all they way to the packaged refrigerator area (they refrigerated area in front of where the rotisserie chicken is. The line weaved in and out  throughout the clothes section. I thought it was going to take along time time to get to the checkout are but it took about 20 minutes. So wasn?t too bad but I was not expecting that long as line (everyone was about six feet apart, they have yellow markers on the floor).

So I will not be going back to Costco at that time again. I?d rather go right before they close and avoid any lines.

I did like that I could see a lady wiping down each self checkout area after each customer. Costco does the best job of trying to disinfect everything as much as they can. So why I won?t go back in the morning time I will go back in the evening because they have the best disinfecting practices I?ve seen.

They did not have any Clorox/Kirkland/Lysol wipes and no disinfectant sprays. All normal food/water was fully stocked.

I tried to place a bulk order on Alibaba for nitrile gloves, about 3000 gloves, and the vendor said they were out of stock. Not sure if my order just wasn?t big enough or if they were really out of stock.

Pretty soon disinfectant wipes/masks/gloves will be the new currency.

District Costco had plenty of TP, paper towels, napkins, and rubbing alcohol this morning at 10:30 am.

Costco's response to the covid situation, both logistically and in terms of safety, has been far superior to any other retailer. Costco will come out of this situation looking like a hero.

The federal government should outsource the Strategic National Stockpile to Costco.

Back