Costco check?

aquabliss said:
I can't believe so many people use napkins, my family always just rips off a small select-a-size from a paper towel and use it as a napkin.  I can now usually find Paper Towels at Costco but always Kirkland brand.  I haven't seen Bounty select-a-size available at Costco for many months, though I'm not the type to go early in the morning and stand in line before opening.

I've never gone in the morning...normally mid-late afternoon after I log off from work on a weekday.  If my wife does the trip she normally goes late morning on the weekends. Grew up using napkins, guess old habits don't die easily, but big parties/bbqs I'll throw out rolls of paper towels...wonder when we'll be able to throw another one. 

akkord said:
aquabliss said:
I can't believe so many people use napkins, my family always just rips off a small select-a-size from a paper towel and use it as a napkin.  I can now usually find Paper Towels at Costco but always Kirkland brand.  I haven't seen Bounty select-a-size available at Costco for many months, though I'm not the type to go early in the morning and stand in line before opening.

I've never gone in the morning...normally mid-late afternoon after I log off from work on a weekday.  If my wife does the trip she normally goes late morning on the weekends. Grew up using napkins, guess old habits don't die easily, but big parties/bbqs I'll throw out rolls of paper towels...wonder when we'll be able to throw another one.

I found Bounty select-a-size at Costco on El Camino earlier this week.  I felt like I won the lottery!  8)

irvinelurker said:
akkord said:
aquabliss said:

I found Bounty select-a-size at Costco on El Camino earlier this week.  I felt like I won the lottery!  8)

BOXED dot com regularly has the ?good? paper towels in stock.
https://www.boxed.com/product/51565/bounty-paper-towels-12-double-rolls-select-a-size

I miss the days when Costco had crowd control. Yes, you had to wait in line to get in, but once you?re in it was a nice shopping experience. Lots of personal space and short checkout lines.

Spectrum Costco yesterday was very crowded inside. The checkout line was almost to the back of the store. Hard to keep distance when people who are still shopping have to squeeze by the checkout line to get to the aisles.

On the positive side, pizza is back at the food court, except combo pizza.

akkord said:
Paper towels are easier to find than napkins for us, but we never actively look or go to multiple stores/markets looking.  We make a Costco trip every other week and take a quick look, paper towels and TP available every time we went, but we're short on actual napkins now.  We even got clorox wipes once.  I guess we're lucky with Costco.

momopi said:
The price of toilet paper and paper towels has gone up quite a bit at local supermarkets.  What happened to anti price gauging laws?

If Costco lines are short, now may be a good time to restock TP and paper towels.  If paper towels are not avail you can substitute with paper napkins.

Clorox wipes 5 pack is avail at Costco online now. Limit 1 per membership.

Spectrum Costco yesterday right at 9:30 AM - plenty of toilet paper and paper towels. No clorox wipes, and very limited beef and pork. A good amount of fresh seafood, and tons of sausage in the meat counters, and rotisserie chicken counters were full. But definitely significantly less fresh meat than usual. Between 9:30 -10 it wasn't too busy, but things were really picking up as we left at 10 AM. Everyone was in masks, although far too many noses hanging out - defeats the purpose of wearing it!!

moc said:
Spectrum Costco yesterday right at 9:30 AM - plenty of toilet paper and paper towels. No clorox wipes, and very limited beef and pork. A good amount of fresh seafood, and tons of sausage in the meat counters, and rotisserie chicken counters were full. But definitely significantly less fresh meat than usual. Between 9:30 -10 it wasn't too busy, but things were really picking up as we left at 10 AM. Everyone was in masks, although far too many noses hanging out - defeats the purpose of wearing it!!

Yeah, I hear you with the fake masks wearing people.

USCTrojanCPA said:
I bought steaks over at the Tustin Trader Joes on Saturday afternoon and they had plenty of meat on their shelves.

Friend was at Costco in Irvine yesterday at around 10:30am, no steaks in sight, probably because of Mother's Day.

akkord said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
I bought steaks over at the Tustin Trader Joes on Saturday afternoon and they had plenty of meat on their shelves.

Friend was at Costco in Irvine yesterday at around 10:30am, no steaks in sight, probably because of Mother's Day.

Yeah, I figured Costco might have limited steaks and I've had Trader Joes filet mignon and ribeyes before (they are just as good as Costco steaks). Everyone thought the Trader Joes steaks were very good yesterday.

@akkord - thanks for the heads up on the Clorox wipes. Ordered them first thing in the morning. But I just checked the status of the order and it got canceled. That is the second time that has happened with the Clorox wipes.

I?ve had good luck ordering late at night on staples.com

They must restock and update their systems at night. More expensive on staples but at least we get some of the wipes

qwerty said:
@akkord - thanks for the heads up on the Clorox wipes. Ordered them first thing in the morning. But I just checked the status of the order and it got canceled. That is the second time that has happened with the Clorox wipes.

They must restock and update their systems at night. More expensive on staples but at least we get some of the wipes

That was @momopi, thanks anyways  ;D

qwerty said:

Staples canceled my online wipes order.

paperboyNC said:
qwerty said:

Staples canceled my online wipes order.

You might have luck at one of the local cvs's on their load day. I think that is Tuesday afternoon and it varies between stores on how quick they get their stuff out (some that afternoon and others Wed or maybe later) and if they put it behind the counters or on shelves.

They have a LOT (entire racks) of an off brand hand sanitizer on their shelves (limit 3) or they did as of Saturday.

There?s plenty of meat, just be willing to shop elsewhere. I was at Pavilions and they had a good assortment of chicken, pork, and steaks (limits apply). Just bought some Snake River Farms wagyu beef.

Ready2Downsize said:
You might have luck at one of the local cvs's on their load day. I think that is Tuesday afternoon and it varies between stores on how quick they get their stuff out (some that afternoon and others Wed or maybe later) and if they put it behind the counters or on shelves.

They have a LOT (entire racks) of an off brand hand sanitizer on their shelves (limit 3) or they did as of Saturday.

Thanks. I got some wipes from a friend.

Irvine Spectrum Costco got Clorox wipes this morning, but only one pallet and was all gone by 10:20. 

Also saw isopropyl alcohol and hydrogen peroxide finally back in stock, plenty of them. 

Went to Costco by Tustin Marketplace.  Last time I was there a few weeks ago, you could get at least 3 meat packages.  Yesterday, it was reduced to 2 meat packages.

PSForever said:
Went to Costco by Tustin Marketplace.  Last time I was there a few weeks ago, you could get at least 3 meat packages.  Yesterday, it was reduced to 2 meat packages.

At least they got rid of the limit on frozen fish. I love the Chilean sea bass.

Looks like Costco are running out of toilet paper again.  Spectrum Costco does not have any this morning but they did have plenty of paper towels though. 

Coronavirus cases go up and toilet paper go bye bye?  I thought most people already have 6 months worth of supply already. 

Back