Congress Elections

irvinehomeowner said:
It seems like there just isn't evidence for any significant fraud in this election... so I'm not sure why SGIP (and many others) won't admit that.

ren.jpg

Strangely apropos... ;D >:D
https://youtu.be/fD4ELaIPDqc

In 2018, there was a blue wave, and katie porter won.
In 2020, there was a blue wave, and now Dems won the senate and presidency. Majority leader Chuck Schumer.

When you push one side too hard, the other side will push back.  The force will bring everything back into balance.
Trump pushed too hard & lost...we'll see how hard Biden pushes.

Huffpost:Report: 'Isolated And Angry' Trump Refuses To Pay Rudy Giuliani For Legal Work

The Washington Post said Trump is trying to stiff Giuliani, who has spent the past months traveling the country and spreading wild conspiracy theories about the November election on behalf of the president.

Citing two unnamed officials, the newspaper said Trump has not only refused to pay Giuliani?s legal fees but has told aides that all reimbursement requests for travel and other expenses need to go through him.

The Post said Trump was unhappy with Giuliani?s demand for $20,000 a day in fees and ?has privately expressed concern? with some of his attorney?s moves.

The former mayor last year denied seeking that specific amount, claiming a much more unusual fee structure instead.
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-wont-pay-rudy-giuliani-election-legal-work-032513094.html

I thought I was cheap or looking for a deal.
But man not paying the guy is really low. Lol

The blue wave crashed in 2020 leading to losses in the House. The Senate was tight to begin with 52/48 now 50/50 - hardly what one could call a wave or a mandate.

2018 had immense ballot harvesting done to "flip" house seats. You also had terrible campaigning done by R's in OC during 2018. 2020 however lead to D losses here in OC. Can't call that a "win" or a "wave" unless it's a wave goodbye!  Yes, IMHO Ballot Harvesting creates a wide opportunity for fraud to occur. It should be banned. Same thing for non-requested mass mail out balloting. I'm fine with requested mail in, but sending out ballots to everyone on a terribly outdated mailing list of voter registrations? That's hardly a bright idea.

Why do I not let this go? Article 1, Section 4 in the US Constitution was violated, throwing open the door to potential fraud. Moving dates for ballots to arrive, "curing" ballots - a legal, but highly questionable practice is also an opportunity for fraud. Has "2020 election changing fraud" been proven? The best answer I can give is "Not yet" although I recognize it might be "Not ever", but time and investigations will tell.  As noted earlier, 1 proof of fraud (Texas) and other proofs of prior voter fraud (Heritage link) are dismissed, ad nauseum but still indicate that vote fraud exists. One can't reasonably say that the 1 person arrested in Texas is the absolute only person in the State doing this kind of stuff. A claim like that - if made - defies credibility.

Proof and conviction of fraud cannot be accomplished in 75+ days between election and inauguration. Anyone thinking it could be is woefully uninformed. That goes for the Right and the Left when discussing election fraud. Using Kennedy/Nixon as a blueprint, it was a year later when fraud was confirmed - not enough to change the election, but significant fraud none the less - but by that time it was a "ho-hum" issue.

Let the investigations continue and we'll revisit this some time in the future.

zubs said:
In 2018, there was a blue wave, and katie porter won.
In 2020, there was a blue wave, and now Dems won the senate and presidency. Majority leader Chuck Schumer.

When you push one side too hard, the other side will push back.  The force will bring everything back into balance.
Trump pushed too hard & lost...we'll see how hard Biden pushes.

While the Dems have gain somewhat in 2018 and 2020, I consider the wave to actually have been very Red. 

Since 2008 and tea party has really shifted the Republicans you are seeing at the State and Federal levels.  Boebert in Colorado is a good example.  She replaced Tipton, a run of the mill Republican from 2010 that steadily shifted supporting Trump further and further, but it still wasn't enough to defeat the more radicalized Q-anon spouting gun rightest Boebert.

Locally, while we see notable Dem gains, the same shift has happened.  When you look at McClintock, Moorlach (even though he lost to Min), Steel and then down to the Orange County level positions, they have steadily gotten more hardened, more extreme in anti-government sentiments.

As a moderate Republican, the party today, locally, nationally, is far more extreme in anti- mindset and operation than 10 years ago.  Hawley of Missouri is a good example of a bizarre persecuted theocratic type view of entitlement that has taken hold.

Many of the Republicans today are the kind of people they are afraid AoC, Omar and squad are.

I agree. this is not a two party system any more...it is, in essences a four party system.  The traditional centrist Republican and Democrats and now the Extreme Republican and Democrat.  All four sides shift within the gray but all four are now very distinct.  Knesset here we come!!

When Bannon doesn't want to get in on the crazy, u know u've gone off the deep end.

This was a quote taken from Bannon's pod cast with Giuliani regarding election fraud.

?I don?t mind being shut down for my craziness,? Bannon told Giuliani, according to Alexander Panetta, a reporter for CBC News who listened to the podcast before it was removed. ?I?m not going to be shut down for yours.?

nosuchreality said:
While the Dems have gain somewhat in 2018 and 2020, I consider the wave to actually have been very Red. 

Since 2008 and tea party has really shifted the Republicans you are seeing at the State and Federal levels.  Boebert in Colorado is a good example.  She replaced Tipton, a run of the mill Republican from 2010 that steadily shifted supporting Trump further and further, but it still wasn't enough to defeat the more radicalized Q-anon spouting gun rightest Boebert.

Locally, while we see notable Dem gains, the same shift has happened.  When you look at McClintock, Moorlach (even though he lost to Min), Steel and then down to the Orange County level positions, they have steadily gotten more hardened, more extreme in anti-government sentiments.

As a moderate Republican, the party today, locally, nationally, is far more extreme in anti- mindset and operation than 10 years ago.  Hawley of Missouri is a good example of a bizarre persecuted theocratic type view of entitlement that has taken hold.

Many of the Republicans today are the kind of people they are afraid AoC, Omar and squad are.

I agree that the Republican party has gone far right. I don't feel welcome in the Republican party as a pro-immigration, pro-free trade, and pro-science person. And the embrace of the Trump brand of populism and lies has made it toxic to me.

Michael Rampart - rage about the capital siege. (I love it, this guy is so funny.)
So apparently one of the person that was arrested requested organic food? Lol
Michael said - your not at Whole Foods, your not at (bleep) Trader Joe?s, your not at the carrot juice spot. You are in jail m (bleep)! What did you expect a kale salad?
Haha omg this guy is so funny!
https://youtu.be/djfu8GPSmCo

Cruz confirms his Mexican vacation after storm slammed Texas

DALLAS (AP) ? Texas Sen. Ted Cruz acknowledged on Thursday that he had traveled to Mexico for a family vacation this week, leaving his home state as thousands of constituents struggled without power or safe drinking water after a powerful winter storm.
https://apnews.com/article/ted-cruz-mexico-vacation-amid-storm-b0cdc326db95bf25d93de9e877e05862

So Ted Cruz went to Cancun when the state he represents does not have power and after a powerful winter storm. Unbelievable!

eyephone said:
So Ted Cruz went to Cancun when the state he represents does not have power and after a powerful winter storm. Unbelievable!

Isn't it heartbreaking when one Texas resident had to travel over 1700 miles to find heat, water, and electricity?  ;D

Kenkoko said:
eyephone said:

Isn't it heartbreaking when one Texas resident had to travel over 1700 miles to find heat, water, and electricity?  ;D

My comment:
Because of the unwanted backlash. US Senator Ted Cruz has left Mexico to the US.

Independent Article:
I was trying to be a dad?: Ted Cruz jeered by protesters on return to Texas as he admits Mexico trip was ?obvious mistake
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ed-cruz-mistake-mexico-vacation-b1804423.html

Trending on Internet and Twitter: Cancun Cruz

Things don't add up with this Cruz thing. He claims he went just to "drop off" his kid in Cancun. Look at the bag he packed, it was a 2-3 week luggage with the extender open!

Also isn't it funny how when he was leaving he was wearing discrete clothing and a black unrecognizable mask? Coming back after being called out he's wearing this Texas flag mask showing how proud he is to be a Texan.

Cruz already said he was gonna stay in Cancun for the weekend, but came back because of backlash.

zubs said:
Cruz already said he was gonna stay in Cancun for the weekend, but came back because of backlash.

His original quote was:

"With school canceled for the week, our girls asked to take a trip with friends. Wanting to be a good dad, I flew down with them last night and am flying back this afternoon."

That does not seem like he's staying for the weekend.

Only did he later speak on Hannity did he say:

"I had initially planned to stay through the weekend and to work remotely there, but as I -- as I was heading down there, you know, I started to have second thoughts almost immediately because the crisis here in Texas, you need to be here on the ground."

Changing his story.

That first statement is all true.
No lies.
You gotta do that kind of side speak when you are a politician. 

Cares said:
zubs said:

His original quote was:

"With school canceled for the week, our girls asked to take a trip with friends. Wanting to be a good dad, I flew down with them last night and am flying back this afternoon."

That does not seem like he's staying for the weekend.

Only did he later speak on Hannity did he say:

"I had initially planned to stay through the weekend and to work remotely there, but as I -- as I was heading down there, you know, I started to have second thoughts almost immediately because the crisis here in Texas, you need to be here on the ground."

Changing his story.

People Want Justice For Snowflake, Ted Cruz's Dog Who Did Not Go To Cancun

The senator left the dog, reportedly a poodle, in his cold Texas house while he flew to Mexico.

People were already incensed over Sen. Ted Cruz?s jaunt to Cancun while Texans battled catastrophically cold weather that caused massive power and water outages. But a photo of his dog, alone, staring out the door of the Republican senator?s house might be the icing on the cake.

The dog, a small white canine named Snowflake, was not totally abandoned, Hardy clarified in later tweets, as well as in a report for New York magazine. The dog was put under the care of Cruz have security guard, who was parked outside the home in an SUV when Hardy took the photo. (Hardy also said it?s not confirmed whether Snowflake is actually a poodle.)

Of course, no one is expected to bring their pet with them whenever they go on vacation. Depending on the animal and the type of trip, in many cases it?s preferable to leave pets behind with a trusted caretaker rather than have them undergo the stress of travel. But in this case, the idea of Snowflake stuck in a dark, FREEZING house while the rest of the family jetted off on an ill-conceived, last-minute vacation just seemed callous, if not potentially dangerous.
https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_602fe4e6c5b67c32961d3a03

And the plot thickens! The dog was left behind in the cold house while the family was in sunny Cancun.

He doesn?t have to run for four more years, by that time no one?s even going to remember this. Now Newsom, that?s another story.... ;D ;) >:D

Back