Congress Elections

This has nothing to do with BLM. This has to do with domestic terrorism that was planned and encouraged by Rudy and Trump.

inv0ke-epipen said:
Soylent Green Is People said:
IMHO these problems have mushroomed once one side was given the "Get out of jail free" card. Looting without law enforcement sends a terrible message. It's basic undenyable human nature for every other group to believe they will get the same treatment - a free pass to riot without consequence. Had more heads been cracked in Seattle, Portland, Long Beach, and other summer riot filled cities, perhaps DC wouldn't have occurred. As soon as a time machine can be made commercially available we might go back and test this theory for success or failure.

My .02c

4t4c8n.jpg

Joking aside, wall of text isn't going to beat images of people in Trump capes attacking the capital in the mindshare game. Trump is doneskies for a while, we'll see what his next move is.

Another important point, BLM or Antifa dont call themselves "the party of law and order" or even "democrats". Their behavior will thus be held to a lower standard, and will not be tied closely to the Biden administration by most folks. Whereas the actions of someone cosplaying as Trump-Man are obviously going to be tied much more firmly to Trump himself.

Not to mention, fighting against systemic oppression is a much more relatable cause than mostly unsubstantiated claims of voter fraud. One sounds like people fighting for their lives and livelihood, the other sounds like a bunch of delusional losers. This worry over voter fraud also feels hypocritical considering the criminal, sometimes brutal, methods of black voter suppression and fraud historically in the US which has an enormous body of evidence compared to anything presented by the Trump camp. Like most things in politics, it seems people only worry about these things when it negatively affects them, ignoring all historical context or even their own previous beliefs.

If hand-wringing over voting fraud allegations leads to anything, I hope its an abolishment of our outdated first past the post voting system and implementation of ranked-choice (or instant runoff) voting. This current system inevitably leads to two divided parties and tends towards enabling unpopular extremist policies favored by a party's base, but not serving the majority of Americans. Of course, neither party wants to give up their stranglehold on power so why would they ever implement it? Unless the system completely breaks down....

CGP does a great job of explaining the inherent problems with our current systems in this playlist. If you have the time I highly recommend giving it a peak and interested to know people's thoughts. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7tWHJfhiyo&list=PLNCHVwtpeBY4mybPkHEnRxSOb7FQ2vF9c

eyephone said:
This has nothing to do with BLM. This has to do with domestic terrorism that was planned and encouraged by Rudy and Trump.

No, only whataboutism is allowed in political discussions. How dare you blame the person whose name was on every piece of clothing worn by the insurgents.

Not seeing much about this state Republican lawmaker that participated..

West Virginia GOP state lawmaker who stormed US Capitol faces criminal charge

A West Virginia Republican state lawmaker who recorded himself storming the US Capitol during a deadly riot there earlier this week is facing a criminal charge, US officials announced Friday.

Derrick Evans, a member of the West Virginia House of Delegates, has been charged in a criminal complaint with entering a restricted area and entering the US Capitol, said Ken Kohl, a top official in the US attorney's office for Washington.

The complaint will be made publicly available later Friday.

Evans' lawyer, John Bryan, told CNN he hasn't yet seen the complaint and declined to provide any comment on the charge.

The charge comes as federal authorities begin to arrest and bring charges against some of the scores of people who participated in the riot at the Capitol on Wednesday, which was incited in part by President Donald Trump and resulted in the deaths of five people, including a US Capitol Police officer.

The Department of Justice on Friday announced that 13 people are facing federal charges stemming from the riot Wednesday at the Capitol. The full court records have not yet been made available for all defendants and only a handful of the individuals have made court appearances. In addition to those who have been charged, the Justice Department said that additional complaints "have been submitted and investigations are ongoing."

"The lawless destruction of the U.S. Capitol building was an attack against one of our Nation's greatest institutions," said acting US Attorney Michael Sherwin. "My Office, along with our law enforcement partners at all levels, have been expeditiously working and leveraging every resource to identify, arrest, and begin prosecuting these individuals who took part in the brazen criminal acts at the U.S. Capitol."

Evans, a supporter of Trump, recorded a Facebook Live video in which he can be heard shouting, "We're in! We're in, baby!" while moving among a crowd of rioters as he walked through a doorway of the Capitol.

He has denied taking part in the destruction and violence and has since deleted the clip, but not before it was shared on social media and aired by CNN affiliate WCHS. In another video posted to his Facebook page Wednesday morning, Evans laughs as he predicts a riot.

Evans said later Wednesday that he had filmed the event onlyas an "independent member of the media to film history," though it does not appear he has any experience working as one.

Evans' lawyer had asserted in a statement Thursday that his client "had no choice but to enter" the Capitol due to the size of the crowd he was in, and that "it wasn't apparent to Mr. Evans that he wasn't allowed to follow the crowd into this public area of the Capitol, inside which members of the public were already located."

Evans' actions have sparked calls for his resignation, including from Republican West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice.

There are more. Someone will post about it or I will later when I get a chance.

HMart said:
Not seeing much about this state Republican lawmaker that participated..

West Virginia GOP state lawmaker who stormed US Capitol faces criminal charge

A West Virginia Republican state lawmaker who recorded himself storming the US Capitol during a deadly riot there earlier this week is facing a criminal charge, US officials announced Friday.

Derrick Evans, a member of the West Virginia House of Delegates, has been charged in a criminal complaint with entering a restricted area and entering the US Capitol, said Ken Kohl, a top official in the US attorney's office for Washington.

The complaint will be made publicly available later Friday.

Evans' lawyer, John Bryan, told CNN he hasn't yet seen the complaint and declined to provide any comment on the charge.

The charge comes as federal authorities begin to arrest and bring charges against some of the scores of people who participated in the riot at the Capitol on Wednesday, which was incited in part by President Donald Trump and resulted in the deaths of five people, including a US Capitol Police officer.

The Department of Justice on Friday announced that 13 people are facing federal charges stemming from the riot Wednesday at the Capitol. The full court records have not yet been made available for all defendants and only a handful of the individuals have made court appearances. In addition to those who have been charged, the Justice Department said that additional complaints "have been submitted and investigations are ongoing."

"The lawless destruction of the U.S. Capitol building was an attack against one of our Nation's greatest institutions," said acting US Attorney Michael Sherwin. "My Office, along with our law enforcement partners at all levels, have been expeditiously working and leveraging every resource to identify, arrest, and begin prosecuting these individuals who took part in the brazen criminal acts at the U.S. Capitol."

Evans, a supporter of Trump, recorded a Facebook Live video in which he can be heard shouting, "We're in! We're in, baby!" while moving among a crowd of rioters as he walked through a doorway of the Capitol.

He has denied taking part in the destruction and violence and has since deleted the clip, but not before it was shared on social media and aired by CNN affiliate WCHS. In another video posted to his Facebook page Wednesday morning, Evans laughs as he predicts a riot.

Evans said later Wednesday that he had filmed the event onlyas an "independent member of the media to film history," though it does not appear he has any experience working as one.

Evans' lawyer had asserted in a statement Thursday that his client "had no choice but to enter" the Capitol due to the size of the crowd he was in, and that "it wasn't apparent to Mr. Evans that he wasn't allowed to follow the crowd into this public area of the Capitol, inside which members of the public were already located."

Evans' actions have sparked calls for his resignation, including from Republican West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice.

@invoke - How about this one?

Business Insider via Yahoo news: Democratic Sen. Tammy Duckworth tweeted calling for the resignation of Rep. Mary Miller on Wednesday.

"To say that Adolf Hitler, the perpetrator of the worst genocide in world history, is 'right' about anything is disqualifying for any supposed 'leader' serving in Congress," Duckworth posted, along with a video of Miller's remarks.

"Hitler was right on one thing. He said whoever has the youth has the future," Miller, a newly elected representative from Illinois, said to a crowd of pro-Trump supporters on Tuesday outside the Capitol in Washington, DC.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/sen-tammy-duckworth-demands-resignation-164448666.html

I am not shocked or surprised. But man they are so open about hitler and genocide. This is not funny and sick that a US Congress member would have that view.

The clip you're mentioning isn't the focus of the video released by the President. It's easy to parse a small part of a call to disburse out like that, but not as truthful as it could be. I've heard that statement distilled down to claims that POTUS "loves" what happened - one word out of a 2 minute video.  The same  goes for those idiots looking for validation. They don't hear the larger "go home" peaceably message, only what is played over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again ad nauseum by the media. Those kinds of people looking for any scrap of validation cannot be stopped even if they were called "terrorists" or thugs. The President condemmned Nazi's and the KKK for many years, but did either of these groups stop because of what was said?

In a way I agree with you that Trump's behavior here isn't literally a crime. He literally does not say go and attack the Capitol to try to stop Congress from certifying the election. There has definitely been hyperbole on the left calling this a coup when really that's overselling the situation.

At the same time, he is still lying to his supporters, misleading them, and winking. His unwillingness to grasp reality is what perpetuates the deception that motivated people who think they love the country into attacking the country. I can't think of a more unpatriotic leader.

Decent interview here from Reason, again a conservative source:https://reason.com/2021/01/08/amash-successor-peter-meijer-trumps-deceptions-are-rankly-unfit/I think it's a fairly reality-based conversation about how some Republicans are coming to the idea that Trump is totally unfit and should be impeached.

HMart said:
The clip you're mentioning isn't the focus of the video released by the President. It's easy to parse a small part of a call to disburse out like that, but not as truthful as it could be. I've heard that statement distilled down to claims that POTUS "loves" what happened - one word out of a 2 minute video.  The same  goes for those idiots looking for validation. They don't hear the larger "go home" peaceably message, only what is played over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again ad nauseum by the media. Those kinds of people looking for any scrap of validation cannot be stopped even if they were called "terrorists" or thugs. The President condemmned Nazi's and the KKK for many years, but did either of these groups stop because of what was said?

In a way I agree with you that Trump's behavior here isn't literally a crime. He literally does not say go and attack the Capitol to try to stop Congress from certifying the election. There has definitely been hyperbole on the left calling this a coup when really that's overselling the situation.

At the same time, he is still lying to his supporters, misleading them, and winking. His unwillingness to grasp reality is what perpetuates the deception that motivated people who think they love the country into attacking the country. I can't think of a more unpatriotic leader.

Decent interview here from Reason, again a conservative source:https://reason.com/2021/01/08/amash-successor-peter-meijer-trumps-deceptions-are-rankly-unfit/I think it's a fairly reality-based conversation about how some Republicans are coming to the idea that Trump is totally unfit and should be impeached.

They go by a time line. Did he say go home peacefully at the rally or after they attacked the capital? He already gave his orders, there is no do overs. That is like saying just joking. Sorry but you already said it, and they acted upon it.

Potential charges are on the table my friend. Idk but they are looking at things.

It was orchestrated and planned out. The questions comes to mind who knew what and when. What did they know?

HMart said:

We all knew that the election was stolen ahead a straight up money grab and a marketing campaign. So he can say whatever he wants. Maybe people just rolled their eyes. There is no mulligan/do over like in a practice round of golf when running for public office. Lol

eyephone said:
morekaos said:
I?m not sore, far from it. The next two years of the Biden administration followed by the last two years of the Harris administration will be endlessly  entertaining. Watching Trump torture them from the sidelines while they get nothing done...I look forward to it...remember, I love the Kaos!! ;D ;) >:D

Why are you happy Trump torturing the US? You sound really un American right now.

Didn?t say torturing the US...said torturing Democrats...very different and far more entertaining!

@IHO -

Oh c'mon SGIP, we know the orange modus operandi. Say a bunch of things that sounds good but throw in little snippets here in there that make all those things go away.

Even his most recent one where he finally condemns the *terrorists* but still somehow inserts his "concerns" about voting validity.

Out of 2 minutes, what do you think his supporters listen to? "Go home" or "You're special"?

As my good friends say... Trump always makes sure to say both things so he can claim either one.

And the only thing stolen during this election? The $200m the people continued to donate afterwards to prove a fraud that even Republicans know did not exist (as exampled by some speeches during the vote ratification).

Going to break the Godwin rule.

Goering, Himmler, and the rest of that leadership cadre were notorious for doing exactly what Trump did. Especially in the early days, they would vaguely reference, I.e we?ll like them a little less, let the minions do whatever and then ignore the results, praise the minions etc.

Just listen to the Saturday Georgia call. 

nosuchreality said:
Going to break the Godwin rule.

Goering, Himmler, and the rest of that leadership cadre were notorious for doing exactly what Trump did. Especially in the early days, they would vaguely reference, I.e we?ll like them a little less, let the minions do whatever and then ignore the results, praise the minions etc.

Just listen to the Saturday Georgia call. 

Actually you didn?t break Godwin?s rule. Godwin himself made a special exception... for ex President Trump.

In December 2015, Godwin commented on the Nazi and fascist comparisons being made by several articles about Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, saying: "If you're thoughtful about it and show some real awareness of history, go ahead and refer to Hitler when you talk about Trump, or any other politician."[12] In August 2017, Godwin made similar remarks on social networking websites Facebook and Twitter with respect to the two previous days' Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, endorsing and encouraging comparisons of its alt-right organizers to Nazis.[13][14][15][16]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law#Generalization,_corollaries,_and_usage

Rueters via Yahoo: Walmart, Disney suspend contributions to U.S. lawmakers who opposed Biden certification

Walmart Inc, the world's biggest retailer and Walt Disney Co joined other major companies in indefinitely suspending donations to U.S. lawmakers who voted against President-elect Joe Biden's election certification.

Disney, the entertainment company, said in a statement that in the "immediate aftermath of that appalling siege, members of Congress had an opportunity to unite ? an opportunity that some sadly refused to embrace. In light of these events, we have decided we will not make political contributions in 2021 to lawmakers who voted to reject the certification of the Electoral College votes."

Other blue-chip companies including AT&T Inc, Amazon.com Inc and Mastercard Inc announced similar moves in the past several days.

General Motors Co said on Tuesday it had paused all political contributions after the Capitol events.

It joined other firms such as JPMorgan Chase & Co, Alphabet Inc's Google and Union Pacific Corp in withholding contributions from all members of Congress, rather than targeting those who opposed Biden's certification.

The announcements indicate that some corporate donors, which usually give money to Republicans and Democrats alike, are reassessing their strategy after supporters of outgoing Republican President Donald Trump attacked the Capitol last week, aiming to prevent Congress from certifying Biden's win. Five people died, including a police officer.

Before the assault on the seat of Congress, Trump urged supporters to march to the Capitol to protest the Nov. 3 election results, which he has falsely claimed were "rigged."

When lawmakers reconvened after the incident, 147 Republicans in the House of Representatives and Senate voted to challenge the Democratic president-elect?s victory in Pennsylvania or Arizona, even though both states already formally certified the results and election officials say there were no significant problems with the vote.

It is unclear whether the companies' decisions will have a lasting impact. The time period immediately after an election is typically a lull for fundraising activity.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/walmart-disney-suspend-contributions-u-210626390.html

Back