Hidden Canyon in Irvine

test said:
NYT said:
I like Marbella 2. Of the Marbella floorplans, it's the only one where you can watch TV from the kitchen, which if a floor plan doesn't feature is a deal-killer for me. The laundry rooms seem kinda smallish for a house this big, though.

The relatively large lot sizes are attractive, as is the street layout of the community.

I wonder what the detached casitas look like.

I don't see how you can see the TV from the kitchen.  The TV needs to go on the wall opposite the windows.  Or you'll need to remove the fireplace so it can go there, but then you'll have 2 windows right next to the TV which is not good.

TV above the fireplace. I know, boring. But in that room it's a good location. You certainly can't have it on the wall adjoining the office since then it's opposite the windows which will make the TV unwatchable from the glare.

NYT said:
test said:
NYT said:
I like Marbella 2. Of the Marbella floorplans, it's the only one where you can watch TV from the kitchen, which if a floor plan doesn't feature is a deal-killer for me. The laundry rooms seem kinda smallish for a house this big, though.

The relatively large lot sizes are attractive, as is the street layout of the community.

I wonder what the detached casitas look like.

I don't see how you can see the TV from the kitchen.  The TV needs to go on the wall opposite the windows.  Or you'll need to remove the fireplace so it can go there, but then you'll have 2 windows right next to the TV which is not good.

TV above the fireplace. I know, boring. But in that room it's a good location. You certainly can't have it on the wall adjoining the office since then it's opposite the windows which will make the TV unwatchable from the glare.
I would probably mount one on the corner between the morning room and dining. You can see from the nook and the kitchen or turn it to see it from the dining room. Then put another one either above the fireplace or on the adjoining office wall and use shutters/curtains to reduce the glare.

ps9 said:
Why do you need to watch TV from the kitchen?
Because I cook and wash the dishes.

I would still take Marbella 1, with the 4th car garage option and the deck off the 2nd floor bonus room.

I like to listen to jazz while I cook microwave and make coffee, can you really pay attention to TV and cook at the same time?

Perhaps I missed it earlier, but what will be HC's school district? LBUSD is so close, you may as well send your kids down the canyon than to schlep them over to any other location.

ps9 said:
I like to listen to jazz while I cook microwave and make coffee, can you really pay attention to TV and cook at the same time?

I don't watch intensive dramas while in the kitchen. But, it is convenient to have the news on, or some other less attention-needing show.

Soylent Green Is People said:
Perhaps I missed it earlier, but what will be HC's school district? LBUSD is so close, you may as well send your kids down the canyon than to schlep them over to any other location.

The LA parents have a great lobby. They convinced IUSD to change the 5th HS boundaries and place both LA and HC into Uni High's catchment area. This probably added $50-100K to their homes.

Revised-high-school-boundary-proposal-from-May-27.png

One of the reasons I went to Baker Ranch yesterday was I wanted to see how Toll Brothers executed the floor plans.

Based on what I saw, I can understand how these homes are going to look and it's going to be pretty spectacular. Vaulted/high ceilings and indoor/outdoor spaces will make this the new premium area in Irvine... much nicer than gated Orchard Hills.

I like toll brothers as I am familiar with their luxury homes in North Cal. You can view TB along with the New Home Company as the high end builders, Irvine Pacific being the middle low end and KB being the bottom end products.

Everything I've seen from Toll Brothers has been solid thus far.  My uncle worked for S&S homes, which was acquired by Toll Brothers, and their approach to building homes is top notch.

lovingit said:
How is Taylor Morrison compared to TB?

Take it with a grain of salt, but I would put them in the middle of the pack, maybe a bit better than average.  Better than Shea, but behind Tri Pointe.  Just my opinion based on observations.

Back