Hidden Canyon in Irvine

Why stop at glass windows? The HOA should just require all-glass doors and they can do drive-by inspections.

build-passive-solar-garage-door-and-keep-your-garage-warm-during-winter.w654.jpg

It will cut down on Homie worshiping his Tesla S in his underwear.

paperboyNC said:
OCgasman said:
My HOA has come come out once to inspect every garage to ensure it wasn't used for storage and the garage could fit the maximum number of cars.  Lol, my neighbor had to rearrange his garage to make sure it looked like it could fit 2 cars.  Then moved all his junk back in after inspection and only parks one car in there again after inspection.

Good idea. Most of my neighbors only park one of their cars in their garage because it's a tight fit to park two. I hate parking cars on the street because the sprinklers make them nasty. I had three cars briefly this summer and still can't get the water minerals off the side of the one I parked street-side.

I had the same problem. When I lived in Woodbury, I would park on the street.  A year later I had the worst hard water deposits that no amount of elbow grease and clay would remove. I took it to the car wash place near 7-11 off culver and the guy got rid of it for under a hundred and also waxed my car.

I think it's fun to look into people's garages. I am amazed at how much of a hoarder some people are!

irvinehomeowner said:
OCgasman said:
My HOA has come come out once to inspect every garage to ensure it wasn't used for storage and the garage could fit the maximum number of cars.  Lol, my neighbor had to rearrange his garage to make sure it looked like it could fit 2 cars.  Then moved all his junk back in after inspection and only parks one car in there again after inspection.
Whoah... an HOA can do that? Isn't the garage your private space? How did they present this inspection?
HOA sent a letter to everyone in my subdivision that they would need to inspect the garage.  It was by appt only so ppl had a chance to shuffle their garage around.  My guess is that ppl were complaint about lack of street parking.  I don't know if they can or can't inspect the garage, but it's stated in the R&R that everyone signs that cars must be parked in the garage.  <shrug>

??? said:

Nice find!  No mello-roos indeed.  That's see how much they price their homes.  Toll Borthers just raise the bar for the gated side of OH homes.

This private community will have homes of 4,000 sq. ft. and greater on spacious lots, and feature 5 unique home designs.  With less than 300 total homes being built - and with NO Mello-Roos

I love how in between the 133 and the grading that is going on, there is a huge sign that says "Irvine Open Space".

Expect a $200,000 additional on top of the base home price!  >:D

La Morra at Amalfi Hills Base Price: $1,664,995
La Morra at Amalfi Hills QMIH: $1,803,745

Toll Brothers wants in on a piece of the action.  Design Studio grand opening same day as Orchard Hills grand opening.

600x800-Design-Studio-GO-P.jpg

So pedestrians are gated?

thatOSguy said:
AA said:
thatOSguy said:
AA said:
The park should definitely have an entrance fee so that it can be continually maintained like all of the other HOA communities in Irvine.

Even within guard gated communities in Irvine, pedestrians have full, free access to the parks. Irvine insisted on it at Northpark.

I don't think this is correct.  if you don't live in Northpark, the guards will stop you from entering.

Pedestrian access is free and open. You may walk or bike freely through Northpark. Access from the Peters Canyon trail or any of the gate pavilions. The City ensured the parks are accessible to the public; the trade-off is you need to walk or bike there.

More:
whatever said:
http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/2010/#47553
Northpark has 3 man gates but one can walk in freely from the bike trail adjacent to the drainage channel ( It is a 1/3 mile walk from portola) The pedestrain gates are open from 6am -10pm

Northwood pointe has 2 manned gates but I can get in easily from the Hicks trail by foot (300 yards from Culver)

Crystal Cove has 2 manned gates but the pedestrian gates are not locked most of the time. I park in the shopping center below and walk in.

Shady Canyon has 2 manned gates but required to have pedestrian access open to public due to Bommer Canyon nature trail. One can walk into Shady anytime and see Acpme.

Turtle Ridge has manned gates but pedestrian gates are open.

There are no manned gates in Tustin Ranch.

There are manned gates in Pelican Crest, Pelican Pointe, and Ocean Ridge. they are fairly secured.

There are also a couple in Turtle Rock but I don't know what they're called.  One is off of ridgeline that overlooks Strawberry Farms and the other is off of Turtle Rock Drive towards the top of the hill.

TIC also advertises pedestrian access:

While The Irvine Ranch is famous for its balanced communities, one of the lesser-celebrated amenities are the lushly landscaped footpaths and trails that invite residents to jog, bicycle or simply stroll from one neighborhood or village to the next.

Note there's no "* access is limited to certified and current HOA paying residents and their invited guests ONLY" footnote.

lnc said:
It's true due to Irvine ordinance.  All gated community need to allow free access for all pedestrian.  The gate are just for show and traffic control for cars.  All gated community have unrestricted entrance for pedestrian and bicyclists.

Hi,

My name is Bruce Clark and I am a real estate agent with Surterre Properties and the owner of the website YourNewOCHome.com. I want to offer my sincere apologies for an error in one of my blog posts -http://www.yournewochome.com/blog/T...lopment+Bruce+Clark+Surterre+Properties+SoCal- where I mentioned that Hidden Canyon would have no Mello-Roos fees. This information was provided by someone I deemed very reliable.

This morning, 2 individuals from Toll Bros. who are involved in the development of Hidden Canyon were present at our Newport Beach office to present information on the development and disclosed that there will be Mello-Roos on this development. There is not a set number available at this time.

Again, my sincere apologies.

I have additional information gleaned from this mornings presentation, which includes floor plans and will post this information in the next couple of days.

Back