Hidden Canyon in Irvine

aquabliss said:
Now this is the way to build a community.  Most lots are on culdesacs, good space between you and your rear facing neighbor, low traffic on each street.  Should be nice and peaceful in there. 

I bet these will appreciate 50% in 2 years...

Big # to appreciate, but I agree with you about the spacing, etc. Toll Bros. builds an excellent home and I have no doubt these will be well received by those looking for a less busy community.

One thing that I keep looking for are Shady Canyon custom size homes in a new development. Thought TIC would set aside some lots in Orchard Hills for customs but, as we see, that didn't come to pass. Certainly a market for it.

ps9 must be drooling over all those circular and double stair cases.

Although... the double ones could be trouble... I can see my kids trying to race up and down those things.

test said:
TB knows how to take advantage of free marketing, unlike some other builders.

So true! We have had reps. from other companies come in to present, but the sharing by Toll Bros. is greater than most. Very much appreciate being allowed to release so much information before showing up on their website.

Preliminary Pricing:

High $1.9 million to just under $3 million

Price per sf: $452-$500

Average lot size=9300 sf, lots range from 5500 to 24000 sf!

ps9 said:
Gonna have to smash a really big piggy bank for these, I'll take a Capri Plan 2

Drool! I don't think I have a big enough piggy bank to smash unless something changes in the next year :)

Only reason they're releasing floorplans is to pull traffic from Trevi/Amelia.  If I had the money, I would wait too. 

I still find it interesting that in homes this large, they don't have additional space downstairs like a formal living room, den or library.

These are 4000sft+ homes, bigger than most new IP SFR lots in Irvine, yet they don't think people who are spending $2m+ would want a home with areas that can function as other spaces. I guess the office space in some of the plans work, but I find it weird that home this large wouldn't have a formal living room (which I realize is considered impractical for today's families... but for ballers who are spending this much on a mansion, it's for show not use).

??? said:
Preliminary Pricing:

If your pricing is accurate, then this community will be a steal. Anyone want to go halfsies with me? :)

OCRealtor said:
aquabliss said:
Now this is the way to build a community.  Most lots are on culdesacs, good space between you and your rear facing neighbor, low traffic on each street.  Should be nice and peaceful in there. 

One thing that I keep looking for are Shady Canyon custom size homes in a new development. Thought TIC would set aside some lots in Orchard Hills for customs but, as we see, that didn't come to pass. Certainly a market for it.

TIC still has several more phases in OH. The better locations/views are still to come.

iacrenter said:
??? said:
Preliminary Pricing:

If your pricing is accurate, then this community will be a steal. Anyone want to go halfsies with me? :)

I'll buy two.  One is for me and the other is to rent to you.  Haha.

I like Marbella 2. Of the Marbella floorplans, it's the only one where you can watch TV from the kitchen, which if a floor plan doesn't feature is a deal-killer for me. The laundry rooms seem kinda smallish for a house this big, though.

The relatively large lot sizes are attractive, as is the street layout of the community.

I wonder what the detached casitas look like.

NYT said:
I like Marbella 2. Of the Marbella floorplans, it's the only one where you can watch TV from the kitchen, which if a floor plan doesn't feature is a deal-killer for me. The laundry rooms seem kinda smallish for a house this big, though.

The relatively large lot sizes are attractive, as is the street layout of the community.

I wonder what the detached casitas look like.

I don't see how you can see the TV from the kitchen.  The TV needs to go on the wall opposite the windows.  Or you'll need to remove the fireplace so it can go there, but then you'll have 2 windows right next to the TV which is not good.

iacrenter said:
OCRealtor said:
aquabliss said:

TIC still has several more phases in OH. The better locations/views are still to come.

These will do better than OH for one simple reason:  10' ceilings

Back