Hidden Canyon in Irvine

Thinking of moving to Irvine by end of 2015.Registered and qualified for Trevi.But no intention of going beyond 2.5,Before i think Hidden canyon is not with in my reach.
Reading this thread help me a lot to make my decision.Thank you so much for every one.

artofliving said:
Thinking of moving to Irvine by end of 2015.Registered and qualified for Trevi.But no intention of going beyond 2.5,Before i think Hidden canyon is not with in my reach.
Reading this thread help me a lot to make my decision.Thank you so much for every one.
No problem. I'm glad our debating/arguing on TI helped you out.  :)

thatOSguy said:
eyephone said:
artofliving said:
No problem. I'm glad our debating/arguing on TI helped you out.  :)

Hopefully, you now know what 'qwerchete' is, know both sides of the EV debate and can tell the story of a few name changes.

Anything to pull sales from the wretched OH means we did our job.

So, I finally took a look at the Big SFRs at Baker Ranch to get a feel for the Toll Bros product.  Wow, beautiful homes and unique layouts.  Color me impressed.  Felt much bigger than the stated ~3000 sq ft.  I would buy one of these if it was offered in Orchard Hills.  Of course, they would be $300k-$400k more in OH. 

Anyway, talked to the sales rep and she said Hidden Canyon would open early next year starting at $2.5M.  Ouch.  And that's for the smallest one.  Was hoping they would start under $2M.

Those homes are gonna be grand based on what I saw at Baker.  Undoubtedly will be breathtaking.  If I was in the market for a Trevi home, and planned to spend near $3M all in for a Trevi, I would wait for Hidden Canyon to open.  I'm gonna guess that the Toll Bros product would put the Trevi product to shame.

OCgasman said:
So, I finally took a look at the Big SFRs at Baker Ranch to get a feel for the Toll Bros product.  Wow, beautiful homes and unique layouts.  Color me impressed.  Felt much bigger than the stated ~3000 sq ft.  I would buy one of these if it was offered in Orchard Hills.  Of course, they would be $300k-$400k more in OH. 

Anyway, talked to the sales rep and she said Hidden Canyon would open early next year starting at $2.5M.  Ouch.  And that's for the smallest one.  Was hoping they would start under $2M.

Those homes are gonna be grand based on what I saw at Baker.  Undoubtedly will be breathtaking.  If I was in the market for a Trevi home, and planned to spend near $3M all in for a Trevi, I would wait for Hidden Canyon to open.  I'm gonna guess that the Toll Bros product would put the Trevi product to shame.

Have you looked at the Toll Brothers homes in Yorba Linda? They're nice. Do they put Trevi to shame? Not in my opinion. I used to think Toll Bros was the be-all, end-all, but frankly their homes/floorplans are very formal and traditional and a bit boring.

I only looked at the larger homes at Baker, and thought they were nicely done, but not overly impressed.

I, too, am looking forward to what Hidden Canyon has to offer. I'm certain they'll be impressive. But whether or not they'll be better than Trevi is to be determined. If I were in the market to buy that caliber of a home, I too, would probably wait, assuming you can.

I doubt you'd get 5600 sq feet homes and 12000-16000 sq feet view lots at Hidden Canyon.  Let's get real and compare apples to apples.

SoCalBoy said:
  Let's get real and compare apples to apples.

Exactly.  Trevi is shit location with 4,400 homes.  HC is south of 405 with 150 homes.  Get real.

SoCalBoy said:
I doubt you'd get 5600 sq feet homes and 12000-16000 sq feet view lots at Hidden Canyon.  Let's get real and compare apples to apples.
Ummm...what?  Have you looked at the leaked floor plans for Hidden Canyon?  The big homes at HC are huge, one with double staircases at the foyer with vaulted ceilings, and the big ones offer 4 garages and that's 4 garages wide, not tandem.  Some of the lots are huge.  Don't know about views tho.

You should probably get some facts before spewing speculation.

test said:
SoCalBoy said:

Exactly.  Trevi is shit location with 4,400 homes.  HC is south of 405 with 150 homes.  Get real.

Everyone has their own personal preferences, but you seem very bitter about OH, calling it "wretched" and "shitty." 
Did NWHM reject your application? 
#youmadbro?  #thistimeitspersonal

ob1 said:
test said:
SoCalBoy said:

Everyone has their own personal preferences, but you seem very bitter about OH, calling it "wretched" and "shitty." 
Did NWHM reject your application? 
#youmadbro?  #thistimeitspersonal

Test can't hear you because she is too busy trying to convince buyers that CV is >>> OH/HC.

#freewayclose #freewayviewisbetterthancityview  ;)

Does anybody know about how many trees or green landscaping hidden canyon will have?  I don't know if new trees will grow fast enough for shades in the area.  Personally love some shades under some high temps like these days.

*  Model grand opening anticipated in early 2015. Construction does not begin until home is purchased. Opening scheduled for Winter 2015.
*  2 Collections:  Capri & Marbella. Both offer five unique home designs featuring 5 bedrooms and 5.5 bathrooms, spacious California rooms and expansive glass door systems.
*  Home sizes from 4,200 sq. ft. up to just under 6,000 sq. ft.
*  Average lot size of 9,300 sq. ft. (Lots range from 5,500 sq. ft. to over 24,000 sq. ft.)
*  Preliminary pricing:  expected to range from the high $1.9 millions to the low $3 millions based on home plan and lot selected.
*  Up to 4 car garages
*  Downstairs master bedrooms
*  Detached casitas
*  Volume ceilings
*  Dual staircases
*  Second floor decks
*  Multi-generation suites
*  1.5% Tax Rate
*  Nominal Mello-Roos for Irvine School District:  $400.00/month
*  All homes are 2-story
*  Schools (preliminary):
          Elementary:  Alderwood