Hidden Canyon in Irvine

irviniteeee said:
Up to 4 car garages

They had me at this 4 car garage option. 

This is what puzzle me at Trevi or Amelia.  When a home reaches to this level of price point and size,  most likely there will be more than two driving age adults with significant  discretionary income for cars and a lot of stuff,  you will need a big garage to park cars and for storage.  I will pick these home over Trevi or Amelia just for the garage.

irviniteeee said:
*  1.5% Tax Rate
*  Nominal Mello-Roos for Irvine School District:  $400.00/month
To be clear, you are saying nominal only for the school district (which doesn't make sense since all 3 schools listed are built out).

There must be other bonds (usually generalized as Mello Roos too). A tax rate of 1.5% indicates a significant additional tax considering that if these homes are $2m+ and the base property tax is around 1%, you are paying about $10k+ in bonds or CFDs a year.

Am I reading the sample floor plans right????  Looks like a 5 foot side yard set back on a >2 million dollar house???? Yeah, feels really exclusive and private to me.

irvinehomeowner said:
irviniteeee said:
*  1.5% Tax Rate
To be clear, you are saying nominal only for the school district (which doesn't make sense since all 3 schools listed are built out).

There must be other bonds (usually generalized as Mello Roos too). A tax rate of 1.5% indicates a significant additional tax considering that if these homes are $2m+ and the base property tax is around 1%, you are paying about $10k+ in bonds or CFDs a year.

If you assume $4800 a year for the school bond, another $20,000 for base property tax, there is another $5200 in special assessments. Assuming a $2m house.

Assuming a $1 million mortgage, around $7000/month in carrying cost for mortgage/property tax/mello roos/HOA/insurance.

Live comfortably or stretch to limits.....

lovingit said:
irvinehomeowner said:
irviniteeee said:
*  1.5% Tax Rate

If you assume $4800 a year for the school bond, another $20,000 for base property tax, there is another $5200 in special assessments. Assuming a $2m house.

$10,000/year just for Mello Roos/1915 AD Bond/Special assessments.  Laguna Altura next door pay about $6000/year for the biggest Toscana homes.  So lets say the ratio is $2/sq ft.  That means it should be around $8000/year for Hidden Canyon homes.  Ratio does seem off by about $2000/year.  I wonder what kind of special assessments were tacked onto these homes.  But people buying here probably don't care about the extra $2000/year to spend on infrastructure/school. 

So I'm guessing monthly:

HOA:  $350
Insurance:  $200
Property tax with special assessments:  $2500
Mortgage (~$1.1 million):  $4400 (5/1 ARM)

ps9 said:
Assuming a $1 million mortgage, around $7000/month in carrying cost for mortgage/property tax/mello roos/HOA/insurance.

live comfortably man.  stretch to the limits and your going to be eating ramen instead of capital noodle :)

i think you said your house is about 3K sq ft? how much more house do you need? the new house smell is obviously nice but the new higher mortgage smell not so much.

qwerty said:
ps9 said:

live comfortably man.  stretch to the limits and your going to be eating ramen instead of capital noodle :)

i think you said your house is about 3K sq ft? how much more house do you need? the new house smell is obviously nice but the new higher mortgage smell not so much.

Bigger the better right :)

Kinda like saying why do I need 150 Mbps when I can make do with 20. 

My current house is at its max appreciation, time to sell and move on.  A 4000 sq ft home will appreciate better than a 3000 sq ft home. 

I think I ate too much noodles today.  Gonna sleep on it and think more clearly tomorrow.

ps9 said:
My current house is at its max appreciation, time to sell and move on.  A 4000 sq ft home will appreciate better than a 3000 sq ft home. 

im not sure i agree with that, at least the part of your home being maxed out on appreciation.  that 4K sq ft house is going to be sold at peak pricing.  if they continue to go up, your 3K sq ft house will likely also go up.  i do agree that hidden canyon will appreciate more, but that is because of location (south of the 405) vs size of the house.

Well agree that the floor plans look better at Hidden Canyon, than Amelia or Trevi but the location seems like its in the middle of nowhere?

Home Buyer said:
Well agree that the floor plans look better at Hidden Canyon, than Amelia or Trevi but the location seems like its in the middle of nowhere?
Haven't you read the TIC marketing? It's right off the coastal canyon... Irvine's closet location to the beach. :)

Home Buyer said:
I like the location.  Closer to the coast so will be cooler and a straight shot down to Laguna Beach.  Those floor plans look really nice.  It'll be interesting to see what price the homes open at.

Home Buyer said:

Have you been to the site?  It is within 2 miles of 5/405/133.  133 borders one side but it is at much lower elevation.  There are a lot of stores on Alton+Bake (Costco, Walmart, etc) and a shopping center is being built at Bake Pkwy exit. 

test said:
OH is middle of nowhere like PS.  OH is PS 2.0.

Orchard Hill?  How did you change the discussion from Hidden Canyon's location to OH all of a sudden?  Or did you meant Hidden Canyon instead of Orchard Hill?  I thought you like La Vita in Orchard Hill. 

lnc said:
test said:
OH is middle of nowhere like PS.  OH is PS 2.0.

Orchard Hill?  How did you change the discussion from Hidden Canyon's location to OH all of a sudden?  Or did you meant Hidden Canyon instead of Orchard Hill?  I thought you like La Vita in Orchard Hill. 

I was replying to Home Buyer comparing HC to Amelia and Trevi saying it's in the middle of nowhere.  Give me a break, OH is in the middle of nowhere.

5 foot side yards and 7 foot rear yards.  That's some high end shit!

1j1ag9.jpg

7 feet from the 32 foot high house to the fence? 

hope they like hardscape, because with only 30 minutes of direct sunlight, you won't be growing grass in your "backyard" (actually your back 2 1/3 yards)

Back