What the "Dow" is happening?

I would not be so quick in dismissing all this - monetary policy works w a lag  - market looks forward and tries to price all this quickly  and brings it forward

Powell is stuck looking at data from q3 not what?s about to hit him in the face like a ton of bricks

Compressed-Village said:
Would a severe recession and struggle economy push Trump out of office in 2020?

Maybe..

Donald Trump counseled Trump University students to take advantage of the housing bubble as an investment opportunity and said, just a year before it burst, that he was ?excited? for it to end because of the money he?d make.

?People have been talking about the end of the cycle for 12 years, and I'm excited if it is,? he told the Globe and Mail in March of 2007. ?I?ve always made more money in bad markets than in good markets.?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-2007-i-m-excited-housing-market-crash-n578761

Just like I said several times before ?

If there was any doubt as to who is in charge ... it?s the FED

trump (or for that matter Obama) doesn?t matter at this point in time

For now , there is no circuit breaker

If you see a rally , it will be sold

In prior sell offs like this , fed always came to the rescue . Even in 2016 when they (global central banks) had the so called ?shanghai accord? 

This time it is confusion and chaos . Powell is letting his ego and pride get the better of him

All the data which pointed to continued strength till September , you will see reverse one by one .

Yes , even that ?consumer confidence ? number so often cited by my trump loving TI members - that?s about to flip too

Market is discounting all this rapidly and bringing the outcome forward

These are the type of platitudes you see when people don?t have any facts to offer

The most bleeding and carnage on the street right now is among ?pro ? hedge funds

Amateurs are the ones buying into stocks based on trumped up hype and ?consumer confidence ?  like many maga koolaid drinkers

For what it?s worth ? I actually think it?s good that?s stocks are selling off now and cleaning up nicely for a rally maybe when some of the near term catalysts get behind us (China trade etc)

FWIW and for those who care , I am not buying stocks here yet ...

OCLuvr said:
What is your new range, as we broke the floor?

With all the chest-thumping on this thread over the past few weeks, this was 100% predictable.  It was only a few days ago that I was told I should listen to him more if I wanted to improved my finances.  Like I said at that time, not only should you not listen to anonymous strangers for investing advice, but you should run the other way when they claim you should listen to them.

This brings up the question, who should you listen to?  My advice (as an anonymous poster) would be to search out guidance from those that display humility in their market calls.  They shouldn't have to brag about it like fortune11 or eyephone on a daily basis if they truly are market experts.

Blaming the Fed for being the Fed is one of the weakest excuses of all time.  The saying goes "Don't fight the Fed."  That's what I've based my investing on since the Great Financial Crisis and it has worked out very well.

The Fed created a bubble in the money (bonds) that inflated all assets.  Ever since the end of last year, they have been signalling that it will finally be coming to an end.  Adjust your positions accordingly.  Be nimble.  Be ready for surprises.  Also, don't hesitate to jump in for opportunistic buying when the market makes it worth your while.

I don't listen to anyone.  I do my research and use common sense.

I love how all these stock brokers/analyst are whiny like little children who didn't get the toy they ask for.  Wall Street and brokers have made a ton of money in the last 8 years...writing has been on the wall for months.   

Irvinecommuter said:
I don't listen to anyone.  I do my research and use common sense.

I love how all these stock brokers/analyst are whiny like little children who didn't get the toy they ask for.  Wall Street and brokers have made a ton of money in the last 8 years...writing has been on the wall for months. 

The sugar high is wearing off, and many these traders/analysts have never had a bad year until now, almost a decade in the making. Adjustment, bear market is necessary and must happen. Where is Trump now with his saying, "Look at the Stock Market." "Look at your 401 K, what's left of it"  :)

Here is Johnny come lately Liar Loan right on cue ... AFTER THE FACT

AFTER the event has happened claiming he knew it all along ? nice ?  Has your copy and pasted ?bond bubble ? burst yet ?

You are just pissed that there is someone on this forum who knows more than you and is willing to call your bluff each time :)  and your random pronouncements like the ?bond bubble? don?t stand to scrutiny

Chest thumping is More applicable to MAGA koolaid drinkers like you and a bunch of others that are jumping up and down painting the forum with ?winning?  without any sound logic

All I can do it report the facts objectively as I see them without attaching the 10 mile nonsense and personal attacks to every post like liar loan does . if i  am not sure about something I acknowledge it right up front instead of hiding behind some randomly sourced online link or article .

If you had listened to my advice as opposed to mortgage experts like liar loan and some others here , you would know that 10y rates aren?t really going up and there is no ?bond bubble?  about to burst

If you had listened to my advice in the summer you would know that I sold my equities in August and missed the market top but also that I wasn?t perfectly fine missing it as I saw more downside coming after peak multiple and earnings in q2 .

People who listened to my advice and went into treasury bonds probably came out a lot ahead than if they had trusted the republican / MAGA advice of ?in trumps stock market we trust ?

Several people asked me when I am getting back in ? I haven?t done that since. When I do , I will post it here .

And yes , that information will be 100x more useful than all the other MAGA related junk posted by liar loan and the likes  :)

Back