What the "Dow" is happening?

sleepy5136 said:
Looks like all isn?t that bad from earnings. Seems like tech is the way to go. Supply shortages aren?t impacting them as much.

Yeah, MSFT and GOOG were the big winners. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
sleepy5136 said:
Looks like all isn?t that bad from earnings. Seems like tech is the way to go. Supply shortages aren?t impacting them as much.

Yeah, MSFT and GOOG were the big winners.
Yup. That late sept early Oct dip was the time to snatch them up. The constant narrative that inflation and higher rates will impact tech names negatively is a joke.

Compressed-Village said:
Yes, the FED to the rescues. Let's the party continue.

Or maybe not.

Foreign travelers can come back on the 8th. It will be interesting to see if FCB come back to bid up what's left of real estate here (or maybe other areas).

In his final warning, this stock trading wizard ? who made big money in bear markets and crashes ? called this market a bubble like no other
Veteran trader Mark D. Cook, who passed away recently, closely monitored the market?s health and was convinced that U.S. stocks are due for a major hit
In our most recent conversation, Cook said he was convinced that this current bull market was on its last legs. He said it had gone on too long and gone up too high.

?Think of a vacant building that has a gas leak,? Cook once told me. ?The gas has been leaking for a long time. The longer the gas leaks, the bigger the explosion. It will take a catalyst to trigger an explosion, but no one knows what is the trigger point. The longer the gas is in there and ignored, and forgotten, the greater the explosion.

?The stock market,? he said, ?is like the vacant building.? When it blows, the result will be horrible. He expected the worst to hit this market.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/i...his-market-a-bubble-like-no-other-11638434148

Is the FED balance sheet all that matters for stocks and housing?

2021-07-14-Other-FedBS-vs-SP500.png

All I know is the more the FED issues debt to create new money, the richer I get!

C'mon Jerome you can do it....

Liar Loan said:
In his final warning, this stock trading wizard ? who made big money in bear markets and crashes ? called this market a bubble like no other
Veteran trader Mark D. Cook, who passed away recently, closely monitored the market?s health and was convinced that U.S. stocks are due for a major hit
In our most recent conversation, Cook said he was convinced that this current bull market was on its last legs. He said it had gone on too long and gone up too high.

?Think of a vacant building that has a gas leak,? Cook once told me. ?The gas has been leaking for a long time. The longer the gas leaks, the bigger the explosion. It will take a catalyst to trigger an explosion, but no one knows what is the trigger point. The longer the gas is in there and ignored, and forgotten, the greater the explosion.

?The stock market,? he said, ?is like the vacant building.? When it blows, the result will be horrible. He expected the worst to hit this market.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/i...his-market-a-bubble-like-no-other-11638434148
99% of traders that go on CNBC or write any articles about a market crash are wrong.

zubs said:
Is the FED balance sheet all that matters for stocks and housing?

2021-07-14-Other-FedBS-vs-SP500.png

All I know is the more the FED issues debt to create new money, the richer I get!

C'mon Jerome you can do it....

You are correct, the two most powerful institutions is the FED and Congress. If they are continuing to push this loosey, goosey monetary policy, the rich get richer. There is no chance of fighting it and win. Rather, treat it like you hit the beach on a sunny day and riding the wave. You want to continue to ride this wave or waves. The art of this is you gotta know when to get back on to the beach and sun bath the warm sun and enjoy the rays. Nothing last forever, waves will crash and subside. Then the cycle repeats.

Lets say if you stay out longer and get tug under the water  you then must have enough oxygen to get above the water, in this case, have a boat load of reserve to keep you afloat.

That's winning in the long.

Back