What the "Dow" is happening?

I agree with all of that except for the owning a house part.

But he did say "maybe" so that works for me. Of all the debt you can have, a mortgage probably has the best benefits, and if your PITI is close to a rent payment, why not?

He also says he never had a car payment. That's going to be a tough one for us 99%ers who like nice cars but I guess leasing is like renting so no debt there. :)

A house is quite possibly the best investment there is, assuming you can buy in a high demand, growing area like SoCal.  It's inflation protected, pays a huge dividend by providing a place to live, and the tax benefits are insanely good.

On top of that you can be completely uneducated about investing and still benefit from this great investment.  Stocks and rentals take a certain amount of education and financial savvy that not everybody is cut out for.  The benefits and risks of owning a primary residence can be understood by just about anybody.

Liar Loan said:
A house is quite possibly the best investment there is, assuming you can buy in a high demand, growing area like SoCal.  It's inflation protected, pays a huge dividend by providing a place to live, and the tax benefits are insanely good.

Think twice before when reading his posts. Tax benefits are insanely good? (Come on man!) I almost threw up when I read your post.

eyephone said:
Liar Loan said:

Think twice before when reading his posts. Tax benefits are insanely good? (Come on man!) I almost threw up when I read your post.

You must be very wealthy to vomit at the thought of sheltering 250k/500k in capital gains.

Liar Loan said:
eyephone said:
Liar Loan said:

You must be very wealthy to vomit at the thought of sheltering 250k/500k in capital gains.

Bunch of puke. Basically there is no tax benefit owning a house. Trump took it away!

eyephone said:
Liar Loan said:
eyephone said:
Liar Loan said:

Bunch of puke. Basically there is no tax benefit owning a house. Trump took it away!

Wonderful...  I'll let the other readers decide whose posts to "think twice before reading".

Then your tax guy sucks.  I got every penny of my interest write off.  Interest write off on a loan under $500k.

morekaos said:
Then your tax guy sucks.  I got every penny of my interest write off.  Interest write off on a loan under $500k.

In addition, the property tax and state taxes. (Which capped at 10k)

Regarding your sucking comment. I?m sure he doesn?t suck like you do.

morekaos said:
Got a great refund, paid marginally less. Made my taxes great again!

Situations may vary. (Low income earner or property tax was low due to prop 13. what can I say?)

So the DOW been dropping a good bit.

I still like for the market to drop a bit more.

Like at least a couple thousands point from here.

With the tariffs is now at full throttles, it would need another major leg of F?up to see that kind of drop/swing.

What would it be?

I can taste it, just not sure when I will be able to feast and dive in.

When nine one rolls around, and trump is super serious about his 10% on the next 300 billion...
cause it hasn't happened yet

Compressed-Village said:
So the DOW been dropping a good bit.

I still like for the market to drop a bit more.

Like at least a couple thousands point from here.

With the tariffs is now at full throttles, it would need another major leg of F?up to see that kind of drop/swing.

What would it be?

I can taste it, just not sure when I will be able to feast and dive in.

I have my 201k at like ultra conservative.

So regarding todays announcement that trump is delaying his 9/01 10% tariff.....how much money did trump insiders make this time?
I was promised a recession....is today the last day to get out before the drop?

You know how people were talking about the FED having no ammunition the next time a recession hits because interest rates were already at 0%?....well perhaps Trump is loading up his ammunition with these tariffs....if wall street takes a shit, he just relaxes tariffs on China to bring it back up.

Back