What the "Dow" is happening?

Goriot said:
More Fear is needed before turning Greedy at the moment=).  I still see too many Bulls.

Is this the Bull you are talking about? :)

8e3df5a84f3db40a76e87754b181083d8fade7d1.png

Goriot said:
Dow down 500 pts.  I should cancel my contract for a new home at Orchard Hills and instead put that cash to work in Energy Sector after a little more pain and capitulation in the equity market.  Dow is going to 14,000 - 15,000, but not 10,000 like Panda is predicting.

So are you going to back out and roll the dice?

Asia market looks pretty ugly tonight and Dow future also down close to 2%.  Looks like it's going to be another interesting day tomorrow.

64168280.jpg

lnc said:
Asia market looks pretty ugly tonight and Dow future also down close to 2%.  Looks like it's going to be another interesting day tomorrow.

64168280.jpg

Yup ugly indeed.  Dow futures down 271.  Asian composites down almost 3%.  Get your cash pile ready.  Uncle Sam 's Cash is the king. This is another once in a decade rout on emerging markets and their currencies which will be a big opportunity for those with USD cash pile and liquidity.  Wait until they say Mercy to take a full advantage.

Utilities sector are a safe haven? I looked at symbol ED, surprisingly it has been steady during the down turn.

eyephone said:
A good tool to use. SEC Form 4 provides info whether corporate insiders are buying or selling the stock. Just type in the ticker symbol.
http://www.nasdaq.com/quotes/sec-insider-form-4.aspx

Almost always there will be more selling than buying. Most of those insiders buys are just option excersizes, and when the stock prices are high, many of them will take the profits off the table and diversify.

Interesting data would be when the company stock is in ditches and insiders are buying. That would tell me that they have plan to fix things and are willing to put their money on it.

Cornflakes said:
eyephone said:
A good tool to use. SEC Form 4 provides info whether corporate insiders are buying or selling the stock. Just type in the ticker symbol.
http://www.nasdaq.com/quotes/sec-insider-form-4.aspx

Almost always there will be more selling than buying. Most of those insiders buys are just option excersizes, and when the stock prices are high, many of them will take the profits off the table and diversify.

Interesting data would be when the company stock is in ditches and insiders are buying. That would tell me that they have plan to fix things and are willing to put their money on it.

Type ticker symbol PSX

That's sort of my point.  In the very short term these markets are totally unpredictable.  What happens overnight elsewhere is not a reliable predictor of morning action.  This market is a bit of a random walk right now.  Trader dream, investors nightmare.

eyephone said:
Sell off in Asia. Another down day tomorrow?

When you post this, Asia hasn't down that much and DOW future was just barely negative.  But later last night when China's stock took another cliff diving, I was expecting another down day too. 

This year it's going to be fun year to be stock trader. :)

morekaos said:
That's sort of my point.  In the very short term these markets are totally unpredictable.  What happens overnight elsewhere is not a reliable predictor of morning action.  This market is a bit of a random walk right now.  Trader dream, investors nightmare.

So how to trade Apple?

This is only a traders dream if you're on the right side of both of your trades.  With a roller coaster market like this, you might as well invest in the roulette wheel.

eyephone said:
morekaos said:

So how to trade Apple?

If you like Apple than this is a decent area to accumulate. Needs to hold $94. If it violates than next support is around $85 then next stop is $76.

Back