The Wall

Movingup said:
peppy said:
morekaos said:
peppy said:
morekaos said:
Don't let anyone tell you a physical wall does not work.

That wall was to keep people from EXITING the country ...

Exactly, Mexico should put one up.

And shoot its own citizens for leaving, too?

Anyone takes you seriously?

That really was a joke but it goes to the parabolic jump that people seem to gravitate immediately towards now a days.  Being politically incorrect used to be funny, now it will get you labelled a racist or put in the stockade. 

morekaos said:
peppy said:
morekaos said:
Being politically incorrect used to be funny

No it didn't.

Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, Don Rickles, Mel Brookes, Sammy Davis, Red Skelton, Cris Rock and many many more would disagree....

A big part of comedy is to make the audience uncomfortable and you can see that throughout the ages - and continuous to be the case to this day (see Louis CK, for example). The things that make us uncomfortable do change but if you only focus on comedy you will still find a wealth of material that is shocking, crude, offensive and insensitive.

However, to take this type of comedy into day to day interactions would be (and was) deemed offensive.

Chris Rock & Jerry Seinfeld don't do college campus shows anymore because the PC culture has grown even bigger now.
http://college.usatoday.com/2015/06/08/jerry-seinfeld-espn-college-campuses-politically-correct/

?I stopped playing colleges, and the reason is because they?re way too conservative,? Rock said in the interview. ?Not in their political views ? not like they?re voting Republican ? but in their social views and their willingness not to offend anybody. Kids raised on a culture of ?We?re not going to keep score in the game because we don?t want anybody to lose.? Or just ignoring race to a fault. You can?t say ?the black kid over there.? No, it?s ?the guy with the red shoes.? You can?t even be offensive on your way to being inoffensive.?

zubs said:
Chris Rock & Jerry Seinfeld don't do college campus shows anymore because the PC culture has grown even bigger now.
http://college.usatoday.com/2015/06/08/jerry-seinfeld-espn-college-campuses-politically-correct/

?I stopped playing colleges, and the reason is because they?re way too conservative,? Rock said in the interview. ?Not in their political views ? not like they?re voting Republican ? but in their social views and their willingness not to offend anybody. Kids raised on a culture of ?We?re not going to keep score in the game because we don?t want anybody to lose.? Or just ignoring race to a fault. You can?t say ?the black kid over there.? No, it?s ?the guy with the red shoes.? You can?t even be offensive on your way to being inoffensive.?

This here is land of "winner takes all" and "I got mine, screw you".

Not saying that we should teach this as "right", but we shouldn't teach kids a different reality either.

zubs said:

When I was in college I knew a few white students that had dreadlocks. Apparently, that is no longer allowed:
http://nypost.com/2016/03/31/black-woman-goes-off-on-white-guy-with-dreads/

morekaos said:
Movingup said:
peppy said:
morekaos said:
peppy said:
morekaos said:
Don't let anyone tell you a physical wall does not work.

That wall was to keep people from EXITING the country ...

Exactly, Mexico should put one up.

And shoot its own citizens for leaving, too?

Anyone takes you seriously?

That really was a joke but it goes to the parabolic jump that people seem to gravitate immediately towards now a days.  Being politically incorrect used to be funny, now it will get you labelled a racist or put in the stockade. 
"Racist" is so yesterday... politically incorrect people are now fascists and demagogues.  Can we start calling them antichrists and baby-eaters next week?

Border patrol find another catapult flinging pot over border fence:
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/us-border-agents-found-another-142521963.html

Check out the trebuchet and air cannons featured in the story.  Discovery Channel should to do a show on physics featuring these guys, something like their annual Pumpkin chunk week?

While I don't condone drug smuggling into the US, I'd consider giving these guys limited visas to come here and teach STEM physics at local high schools.

Endlessly entertaining!!!😂😂😂

Biden's border U-turn: White House begins construction on a WALL in Texas to deal with a surge in migrants in shock reversal - prompting Trump to gloat that he was 'always right'​

I'm really surprised by the U-turn - I'll believe it when I see it. Biden's puppet masters must really be at risk of losing a significant portion of their blue.
Let's get this wall built and get some control over our borders.

The ADL reversal was also quite a surpise yesterday.

And the ESG garbage has been falling apart too?

The whole agenda is falling apart. Crime and punishment will be a major issue in this next election along with the border and that’s not a winning hand for the Dems.

ESG is bad, but I'd argue that DEI is worse. The balkanization of our nation into victimized sub groups ready to go to war with each other - which sounds a great deal like a Starman posting spree - is what DEI is turning into IMHO.

Has AOC been to the border to cry crocodile tears about this yet? That's an image worth waiting to see.

This "Border Wall" is only going to be a few miles, not a real attempt to slow the flow. We all know it's an election driven gimmick on a losing issue for them.

These funds could be better used to rebuild Lahaina, but sadly that catastrophe has already faded from our collective memory.

Well it's official, Cornel West is running as an independent. Although I don't like his anti-capitalism views, I do agree with his take on foreign policy.

Cornel West Slams Biden, Trump, and Runs as 2024 Independent​

Academic and activist is switching gears after initially pursuing Green Party nomination

West is one of a spate of potential third-party challenges to Biden and Trump, who remains the dominant candidate in the Republican primaries. West could be joined by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who has been challenging Biden in the Democratic primaries but plans on Monday to announce details in Philadelphia over “our path to the White House.” No Labels, a centrist group that has ties to West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin, is considering launching a moderate presidential ticket.

A recent NBC News poll found nearly 14% of voters would choose a third-party candidate when given options other than the two major party candidates. But an August Wall Street Journal survey found West, as the Green Party pick, getting 2% and a Libertarian candidate getting 1% against Biden and Trump.

Back