The Landing Tustin Legacy (Brookfield Residential)

cupcakezzz said:
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can answer this question since you all seem very knowledgeable.

- Are there any cons about owning just the airspace and not the land?

I?ve always thought it was a bad thing, but now I?m not sure. Cira is labeled as a detached condo, so we will only own the airspace. Made me reconsider getting something at the Meadows since those are SFRs, but I like the Tustin location.

Hope someone can help! Thank you.
I am not sure about Tustin, but in Irvine - A detached condo with a lot line means you own the land.

cupcakezzz said:
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can answer this question since you all seem very knowledgeable.

I?ve always thought it was a bad thing, but now I?m not sure. Cira is labeled as a detached condo, so we will only own the airspace. Made me reconsider getting something at the Meadows since those are SFRs, but I like the Tustin location.

I think you should focus more on your non-negotiable(s) in your future home instead of airspace. Owning a detached condo isn?t necessarily a bad thing if you know what you sign up for. Generally the lots are smaller so your backyard will be small. You generally have a motor court that you share with your neighbors and rarely a driveway with new builds.

For meadows, oaks & willows, will have a motor court but you get a driveway and a bigger yard than detached condos but not that much bigger generally. TBH depending on when you signed into the list, you may not even get a lot at this point.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
cupcakezzz said:

I am not sure about Tustin, but in Irvine - A detached condo with a lot line means you own the land.

Interesting. For The Landing, I asked the sales people directly and they said it?s only airspace for Cira since it?s a detached condo.

sleepy5136 said:
cupcakezzz said:

I think you should focus more on your non-negotiable(s) in your future home instead of airspace. Owning a detached condo isn?t necessarily a bad thing if you know what you sign up for. Generally the lots are smaller so your backyard will be small. You generally have a motor court that you share with your neighbors and rarely a driveway with new builds.

For meadows, oaks & willows, will have a motor court but you get a driveway and a bigger yard than detached condos but not that much bigger generally. TBH depending on when you signed into the list, you may not even get a lot at this point.

Thank you. That helps. I was just worried about what it actually meant to just own airspace?like they can take the land or something. Haha

It looks like I wouldn?t have much of a choice anyway since I know I?m pretty far down the list with Meadows. I was looking at the Parklands or Redwoods for that community though, so it?s a little different since I don?t they are motor court homes. Either way, they?re sold out too for now.  :'(

ravi said:
ddng said:
The price sheet is in!

Do you know when model homes for Circa are available to see? Thank you.
I have no idea. They invited people to view the model homes under construction this weekend (2/12-13) and next weekend. The first sale release is on 2/23.

Pricing is very good compared to Amara at Serrano Summit. We love modern architecture, so the exterior looks great.

I thought the prices would be higher given what Greenwood is trading for. I guess at Greenwood you get a slightly better location and a turnkey ready house.

CalBears96 said:
Pricing is very good compared to Amara at Serrano Summit. We love modern architecture, so the exterior looks great.
You're comparing apples to oranges. Amara is actually a legit SFH. Cira is like Soria, a detached condo. No driveway. At least Soria has one car driveway...And also, this is phase 1 pricing. Amara phase 1 pricing was 1m which is well below $400 per/sqft. Amara is now in Phase 12. Also the school district in tustin isn't IUSD. It's got the magnet academy I guess?

Oh and did I forget? No MR ;)

sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
You're comparing apples to oranges. Amara is actually a legit SFH. Cira is like Soria, a detached condo. No driveway. At least Soria has one car driveway...And also, this is phase 1 pricing. Amara phase 1 pricing was 1m which is well below $400 per/sqft. Amara is now in Phase 12. Also the school district in tustin isn't IUSD. It's got the magnet academy I guess?

Phase doesn't matter. Price is determined by time, not phase. Amara phase 1 was what, two years ago?

CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:

Phase doesn't matter. Price is determined by time, not phase. Amara phase 1 was what, two years ago?
Amara Phase 1 was one year ago..

The landing community has two busy intersections. Barranca & Tustin Ranch Rd... So of course they can't charge a premium. Regardless, it's a detached condo you're comparing to a SFH.

bones said:
This location over Serrano summit. All day.
Schools too.
Comes at a premium. 1.5% taxes. Two busy intersections isn?t good either. In this market, anything will sell for new homes at this point. They priced it pretty well to start off so I don?t think they will have issues selling.

I do think this is an excellent place to rent out.

We're in the priority list but only joined the email list last month. Is there anyone who joined much earlier who's no longer interested, willing to DM me? Moment of desperation in this housing market  :'(

Edit: builder isn?t allowing priority list name transfers so nevermind 🥲

Back