The Landing Tustin Legacy (Brookfield Residential)

BlackKnight said:
No way this area goes to Beckman. This is wishful thinking. More like Tustin hs. Tustin Legacy homes closer to Beckman are assgined to Tustin high.

Ready2Downsize said:
BlackKnight said:
Starting $1.2 mil for a detached condo with ghetto schools and few miles from homeless shelter. 🤩 After upgrades $1.4 mil and people are signing up for this? Unbelievable 😔

Most likely they will go to Heritage Elementary and Legacy Magnet STEM and Beckman High schools.

Anyone who can pick up cira for $1.2 million (which I seriously doubt is where it will start) pretty much guaranteed to make money flipping.

Legacy Magnet will be their high school when it's fully open. I know people in Legacy going to Beckman. Just because Tustin is your assigned school doesn't mean that is where u must go.

Btw.......... Sheldon owners can take their entire $500K cap gains exclusion after owning the places for six years. Not bad for such a ghetto area I'd say.

The California Court Company said:
but the floor plan is a little different than the L shaped great room + dining room setup in the rear of the house we have seen being recycled to death. Also it is possible to have something I call Christmas Tree by the window; that you can put the Christmas tree inside, and when lit up it is visible from outside, some kind of curb appeal at night I guess. Basically for the Christmas tree by the window you need the living room in the front that can be seen from outside.

The point I am trying to make is having a 2 story house in a predominantly 3 story development is a plus.

I wasn't disagreeing that the 2-story plan is better... just that the execution was meh.

They could have put the dining area where the outdoor is.

Here is what I was thinking (I even added a powder room):

cira3ymod.png

Could probably move the outdoor next to the dining but I wanted to keep the same footprint.

Compared to theirs:

cira121021bhfpscaplan3ya1jpeg.jpg

Ochomebuyer said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Those are all 3Y plans.

If I wanted cira I would try for as early in the development as possible based on how the market is now with prices going up each phase and demand what it is. Based on that alone I would pick 13-16 which includes each model. 16 if you want the largest model.

What is preferable in phase 2? Lots 12-14 or lots 9-11?

Parking is high on my list of items to look for here.

Don't be surprised to see the larger units with 5 bedrooms end up being rented to 4 students from UCI (Each room can rent for $1000 per month) who all have their own cars plus the owner's cars and lots of people use their garage for other than parking.

All areas see great appreciation not just Tustin. It?s a crazy RE out there.  Say what you want to say about this new development. At the end of the day, location location location.  When a rose is on top of a pile of sh!t, it still smells like a pile of sh!t.

With that much money for a condo, why not Irvine?

Ready2Downsize said:
BlackKnight said:
No way this area goes to Beckman. This is wishful thinking. More like Tustin hs. Tustin Legacy homes closer to Beckman are assgined to Tustin high.

Ready2Downsize said:
BlackKnight said:
Starting $1.2 mil for a detached condo with ghetto schools and few miles from homeless shelter. 🤩 After upgrades $1.4 mil and people are signing up for this? Unbelievable 😔

Most likely they will go to Heritage Elementary and Legacy Magnet STEM and Beckman High schools.

Anyone who can pick up cira for $1.2 million (which I seriously doubt is where it will start) pretty much guaranteed to make money flipping.

Legacy Magnet will be their high school when it's fully open. I know people in Legacy going to Beckman. Just because Tustin is your assigned school doesn't mean that is where u must go.

Btw.......... Sheldon owners can take their entire $500K cap gains exclusion after owning the places for six years. Not bad for such a ghetto area I'd say.

BlackKnight said:
All areas see great appreciation not just Tustin. It?s a crazy RE out there.  Say what you want to say about this new development. At the end of the day, location location location.  When a rose is on top of a pile of sh!t, it still smells like a pile of sh!t.

Ready2Downsize said:
BlackKnight said:

Ready2Downsize said:
BlackKnight said:

Because Irvine is more expensive and there are waiting lists months out. Not everyone can afford Irvine. You seem to be pretty upset about even having anything there. Why is that?

Actually Sheldon was more profitable than buying in Irvine at the same time.

?pretty upset?  ;D I hope you didn?t use my little analogy for your judgment. I am as happy as a drunk  8)

On a serious note,  You can still find condo deals for similar prices in the great park and PS or even in Lake Forest. It is in much better location than that lot of Tustin.

Ready2Downsize said:
BlackKnight said:

Ready2Downsize said:
BlackKnight said:

Ready2Downsize said:
BlackKnight said:

Because Irvine is more expensive and there are waiting lists months out. Not everyone can afford Irvine. You seem to be pretty upset about even having anything there. Why is that?

Actually Sheldon was more profitable than buying in Irvine at the same time.

Ready2Downsize said:
Ochomebuyer said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Those are all 3Y plans.

If I wanted cira I would try for as early in the development as possible based on how the market is now with prices going up each phase and demand what it is. Based on that alone I would pick 13-16 which includes each model. 16 if you want the largest model.

What is preferable in phase 2? Lots 12-14 or lots 9-11?

Do these have driveways? If not, for me it would depend on whether you park in the garage. The homes along the street have an area in front of them that could be used (if they allow it...... be sure to check the CC&Rs. Don't depend on sales people's answer). If you're sure you'll park in your garage, I think I'll go with 9-11.

If anything has a driveway, go for that.
unfortunately Cira will not have a driveway

BlackKnight said:

A 2600 sq. ft. detached condo in Portola Springs costs $1.55M, so no, you can't get anything close to Cira in Irvine. A 3200 sq ft. SFR in OH costs $2.2M.

CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:

A 2600 sq. ft. detached condo in Portola Springs costs $1.55M, so no, you can't get anything close to Cira in Irvine. A 3200 sq ft. SFR in OH costs $2.2M.

How much does everyone anticipate Cira plan 3 will cost?

I see your point but it is more a personal preference. Having dining and great room together can give you a more grand feeling.

irvinehomeowner said:
The California Court Company said:
but the floor plan is a little different than the L shaped great room + dining room setup in the rear of the house we have seen being recycled to death. Also it is possible to have something I call Christmas Tree by the window; that you can put the Christmas tree inside, and when lit up it is visible from outside, some kind of curb appeal at night I guess. Basically for the Christmas tree by the window you need the living room in the front that can be seen from outside.

The point I am trying to make is having a 2 story house in a predominantly 3 story development is a plus.

I wasn't disagreeing that the 2-story plan is better... just that the execution was meh.

They could have put the dining area where the outdoor is.

Here is what I was thinking (I even added a powder room):

cira3ymod.png

Could probably move the outdoor next to the dining but I wanted to keep the same footprint.

Compared to theirs:

cira121021bhfpscaplan3ya1jpeg.jpg

Ochomebuyer said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:

Cira plan 3 is 3200+ sq ft, so I would say at least $1.5M, maybe $1.6M.

TB's Magnolia in Lake Forest are 2800 sq ft to 3111 sq ft, and they go for $1.6M+, but they're SFRs.

CalBears96 said:
Ochomebuyer said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:

TB's Magnolia in Lake Forest are 2800 sq ft to 3111 sq ft, and they go for $1.6M+, but they're SFRs.
It also depends on what is standard. If it?s a typical TB home then each switch and light cost $$ along with other things. Base price being 1.2-1.3m can be possible.

Meadows raised base prices by 200k bc they are doing all inclusive thing like Lennar which isn?t typical for them to do.

sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
Ochomebuyer said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:

It also depends on what is standard. If it?s a typical TB home then each switch and light cost $$ along with other things. Base price being 1.2-1.3m can be possible.

Meadows raised base prices by 200k bc they are doing all inclusive thing like Lennar which isn?t typical for them to do.

It's true that TB's Meadows has a lot of upgrades included, like $45k worth of kitchen upgrades, including Jenn Air appliances, and large solar panel package. That's why they raised base price by $200k on phase 1.

The Tustin Legacy website mentioned starting at $1.2M, which is for plan 1 that is 2200 sq ft. So I don't see plan 3 starting at less than $1.4M, being 3200 sq ft. And that message was from Oct/Nov, so I expect plan 1 to start at higher than $1.2M when the homes actually come out.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
I like the modern architecture of these homes compared to the Mediterranean styles built by IP in Irvine.
Oh my? I guess I?m the odd ball that doesn?t like these modern Lego like homes?

sleepy5136 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
I like the modern architecture of these homes compared to the Mediterranean styles built by IP in Irvine.

Make it 2 odd balls. Not a fan of this type of house including the ones in GP.

BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

I also like the ones in GP, but never intended to buy there (even those it's closer to my company) because of MR.

CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

I also like the ones in GP, but never intended to buy there (even those it's closer to my company) because of MR.

If I was trying to buy a house here I would be downright depressed.

Redfin has 102 properties listed in Irvine. Of those 24 are new builder listings, 8 in the Airport area (Santa Ana schools) and 6 mobile homes. In total there are 51 (which includes the above except new builds), condos/townhomes under $2 million.

Plenty of people on TI are trying to buy a house and are on waiting lists for Irvine homes. They have a chance to get something but someone who is just starting out now, how in heck are they supposed to get a thing in Irvine? There are more people on wait lists than homesites left.

So imo, those places in Tustin are going to go quickly. How many buyers have a senior in high school? Doubtful any. They can go to Heritage Elementary and Tustin Legacy Magnet middle/high school which will be up to 11th grade in the fall. In fact, I'm betting that is going to be a good school, one that people will want their kids to go to.

Trying to help my daughter move up in San Diego. It's even worse than here. Lennar almost has all the new builds and they require bidding on lots. I begged my daughter not to do it but she bid over $1.7 million on a carriage court near the freeway with the min. bid in the $1.4's. She is non contingent and she didn't get it.

This is 2429 sq ft and went into escrow with a list price of $1.4M. So $576 per sq foot And is Greenwood right next to the landing.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/16-Barnes-Rd-92782/home/105485734?600390594=copy_variant&231528114=control&utm_source=ios_share&utm_medium=share&utm_nooverride=1&utm_content=link&utm_campaign=share_sheet

I remember when these were selling for high 700s brand new and thought how overpriced they were. I almost bought one as an investment :-(

A Cira plan starting at $1.2M for the same square footage seems like a good deal relative to the listing above.

Back