The Landing Tustin Legacy (Brookfield Residential)

Seriously? Bid 300k over listing, non contingent and still didn?t  get a new build by a freeway of all houses?? What if the real estate price corrects before the build out? Builder dont like falling prices so this could come back haunting them?

Ready2Downsize said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
I like the modern architecture of these homes compared to the Mediterranean styles built by IP in Irvine.
Oh my? I guess I?m the odd ball that doesn?t like these modern Lego like homes?

Make it 2 odd balls. Not a fan of this type of house including the ones in GP.

I also like the ones in GP, but never intended to buy there (even those it's closer to my company) because of MR.

If I was trying to buy a house here I would be downright depressed.

Redfin has 102 properties listed in Irvine. Of those 24 are new builder listings, 8 in the Airport area (Santa Ana schools) and 6 mobile homes. In total there are 51 (which includes the above except new builds), condos/townhomes under $2 million.

Plenty of people on TI are trying to buy a house and are on waiting lists for Irvine homes. They have a chance to get something but someone who is just starting out now, how in heck are they supposed to get a thing in Irvine? There are more people on wait lists than homesites left.

So imo, those places in Tustin are going to go quickly. How many buyers have a senior in high school? Doubtful any. They can go to Heritage Elementary and Tustin Legacy Magnet middle/high school which will be up to 11th grade in the fall. In fact, I'm betting that is going to be a good school, one that people will want their kids to go to.

Trying to help my daughter move up in San Diego. It's even worse than here. Lennar almost has all the new builds and they require bidding on lots. I begged my daughter not to do it but she bid over $1.7 million on a carriage court near the freeway with the min. bid in the $1.4's. She is non contingent and she didn't get it.

Ready2Downsize said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
I like the modern architecture of these homes compared to the Mediterranean styles built by IP in Irvine.

I also like the ones in GP, but never intended to buy there (even those it's closer to my company) because of MR.

Redfin has 102 properties listed in Irvine. Of those 24 are new builder listings, 8 in the Airport area (Santa Ana schools) and 6 mobile homes. In total there are 51 (which includes the above except new builds), condos/townhomes under $2 million.

Plenty of people on TI are trying to buy a house and are on waiting lists for Irvine homes. They have a chance to get something but someone who is just starting out now, how in heck are they supposed to get a thing in Irvine? There are more people on wait lists than homesites left.

So imo, those places in Tustin are going to go quickly. How many buyers have a senior in high school? Doubtful any. They can go to Heritage Elementary and Tustin Legacy Magnet middle/high school which will be up to 11th grade in the fall. In fact, I'm betting that is going to be a good school, one that people will want their kids to go to.

Trying to help my daughter move up in San Diego. It's even worse than here. Lennar almost has all the new builds and they require bidding on lots. I begged my daughter not to do it but she bid over $1.7 million on a carriage court near the freeway with the min. bid in the $1.4's. She is non contingent and she didn't get it.

Our only kid is going off to college next year, so I don't mind TUSD vs. IUSD. The only issue we have is that it's in a commercial area, just like Serrano Summit and The Meadows. My wife fell in love with Bluffs/Highland because she loves PS, which is residential area and slightly elevated. We thought about buying Soria 2/3/4, until we saw Bluffs. We don't mind the inconvenience as much as we mind the neighborhood being in a commercial area. Luckily, we finally got our Bluffs 2 home after 3 months on the waitlist. The most depressing thing was seeing the price going up $100k during these 3 months.

CalBears96 said:
Ready2Downsize said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

Our only kid is going off to college next year, so I don't mind TUSD vs. IUSD. The only issue we have is that it's in a commercial area, just like Serrano Summit and The Meadows. My wife fell in love with Bluffs/Highland because she loves PS, which is residential area and slightly elevated. We thought about buying Soria 2/3/4, until we saw Bluffs. We don't mind the inconvenience as much as we mind the neighborhood being in a commercial area. Luckily, we finally got our Bluffs 2 home after 3 months on the waitlist. The most depressing thing was seeing the price going up $100k during these 3 months.

You've been on the wait list for a while so you were able to get that, but what if you were starting out now? Prices will only go higher, rates may or may not rise, wait lists are longer. Unfortunately in that situation, if you want to be in central OC u have to go elsewhere which means something like Tustin or Lake Forest (with no mello) or resale.

And you have a house, not in Irvine, but u still have something, so at least it's going up as your new place does........ imagine u r renting, maybe have school loans, been saving as best u can but you know it's just not going to keep up with rising prices and demand. :(

In your situation, you're good. Better imo than buying resale because your oop is very small till you close, price is set while prices rise (giving you more time to sell your place which should also rise).

Ready2Downsize said:
CalBears96 said:
Ready2Downsize said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

You've been on the wait list for a while so you were able to get that, but what if you were starting out now? Prices will only go higher, rates may or may not rise, wait lists are longer. Unfortunately in that situation, if you want to be in central OC u have to go elsewhere which means something like Tustin or Lake Forest (with no mello) or resale.

And you have a house, not in Irvine, but u still have something, so at least it's going up as your new place does........ imagine u r renting, maybe have school loans, been saving as best u can but you know it's just not going to keep up with rising prices and demand. :(

In your situation, you're good. Better imo than buying resale because your oop is very small till you close, price is set while prices rise (giving you more time to sell your place which should also rise).
Imagine being a FTHB. But it doesn?t seem to be that much of an issue since a lot of them do rely on their parents help for down payment costs.

sleepy5136 said:
Ready2Downsize said:
CalBears96 said:
Ready2Downsize said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

Imagine being a FTHB. But it doesn?t seem to be that much of an issue since a lot of them do rely on their parents help for down payment costs.

native FTHB where they grew up here, parents are native to the region as well so no equity support from parents. the bedroom + full bath downstairs, plus extra space for office will be among the most popular floorpans going forward as the price keeps soaring.

The California Court Company said:
sleepy5136 said:
Ready2Downsize said:
CalBears96 said:
Ready2Downsize said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

native FTHB where they grew up here, parents are native to the region as well so no equity support from parents. the bedroom + full bath downstairs, plus extra space for office will be among the most popular floorpans going forward as the price keeps soaring.

That Cira Plan 3Y that you?re referring to is probably going to cost $1.7M+

sleepy5136 said:
Ready2Downsize said:
CalBears96 said:
Ready2Downsize said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

Their parents either have savings or significant equity in their homes. Can easily take a heloc to help with down payment. Interest rates are low anyways.

Ready2Downsize said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

Wow...if she made an offer in the area I'm thinking of I'm shocked. It's kind of separate from the rest of the area, so I guess I just assumed there wouldn't be so much competition. Maybe she can try 3Roots. That neighborhood looks super interesting. I've been following its progress. It's not ALL Lennar so maybe she will have more luck there.

irviniteeee said:
Ready2Downsize said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

Wow...if she made an offer in the area I'm thinking of I'm shocked. It's kind of separate from the rest of the area, so I guess I just assumed there wouldn't be so much competition. Maybe she can try 3Roots. That neighborhood looks super interesting. I've been following its progress. It's not ALL Lennar so maybe she will have more luck there.

They don't want to go to 3 Roots.

This was Arlo.

Ready2Downsize said:
irviniteeee said:
Ready2Downsize said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

This was Arlo.

I thought so. I love that general area. Reminds me a lot of OC. Hopefully she finds something else she likes soon!

Arlo is nice. The school district is comparable to IUSD and being close to 56 it is quite convenient. But it is San Diego! It just sounds nicer than central Orange County. 1.7M for Arlo is a bargain compared to what you can get in new builds in North Irvine.

irviniteeee said:
Ready2Downsize said:
irviniteeee said:
Ready2Downsize said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

This was Arlo.

I thought so. I love that general area. Reminds me a lot of OC. Hopefully she finds something else she likes soon!

Arlo is nice. The school district is comparable to IUSD and being close to 56 it is quite convenient. But it is San Diego! It just sounds nicer than central Orange County. 1.7M for Arlo is a bargain compared to what you can get in new builds in North Irvine.

irviniteeee said:
Ready2Downsize said:
irviniteeee said:
Ready2Downsize said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

This was Arlo.

What?s the average lot size in Arlo?

sleepy5136 said:

irviniteeee said:
Ready2Downsize said:
irviniteeee said:
Ready2Downsize said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

This was Arlo.

What?s the average lot size in Arlo?

I can't remember but very small. These are carriage courts with zero lot lines.

Ready2Downsize said:

totoros said:
Ready2Downsize said:

I'm interested because I already have my kids (1st grade) going to Heritage as transfers so all of their friends who live in the area will be going to the middle/high school. I'm not that interested in living in the Landing when they open since they are still a few years away. What's my best option?

1) Buy a place at the Landing and rent it out for a few years until they start middle school. Sell it after they are done with school in ~12 years.
2) Try to transfer to school but assuming they don't get in, buy a place in the Legacy area when they are about to start middle school. Sell it after they are done with school in ~7 years. I'm worried that prices will be much higher by then.
3) Same as #2 but find a rental
4) Something else?

I don't have a solution for you, but these just sold in that area:

Sheldon: https://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/16-Barnes-Rd-92782/home/105485734

Levity:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/82-Ballast-Pt-92782/home/173438495

Not a lot of sales come up in the area but those make me think Cira will go quickly if they open at $1.2 million.

One of the negatives has been addressed and that is the schools with kids going to Heritage and the STEM middle/high school. You will always have the "but it's not Irvine" thing which Irvinites will always throw at you but if you like the place you're living, then u like the place your living.

Ready2Downsize said:
One of the negatives has been addressed and that is the schools with kids going to Heritage and the STEM middle/high school. You will always have the "but it's not Irvine" thing which Irvinites will always throw at you but if you like the place you're living, then u like the place your living.

Personally, I care more about liking the place I'm living. I mean, it's not like TUSD is bad or anything. And personally, knowing our son, I prefer not to be in IUSD. I mean, he's smart, but I don't want him to be stressed out competing against those Irvine kids. He needs to have a social life.

Ready2Downsize said:
totoros said:
Ready2Downsize said:

I'm interested because I already have my kids (1st grade) going to Heritage as transfers so all of their friends who live in the area will be going to the middle/high school. I'm not that interested in living in the Landing when they open since they are still a few years away. What's my best option?

1) Buy a place at the Landing and rent it out for a few years until they start middle school. Sell it after they are done with school in ~12 years.
2) Try to transfer to school but assuming they don't get in, buy a place in the Legacy area when they are about to start middle school. Sell it after they are done with school in ~7 years. I'm worried that prices will be much higher by then.
4) Something else?

I don't have a solution for you, but these just sold in that area:

Sheldon: https://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/16-Barnes-Rd-92782/home/105485734

Levity:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/82-Ballast-Pt-92782/home/173438495

Not a lot of sales come up in the area but those make me think Cira will go quickly if they open at $1.2 million.

Do people really say that it?s not Irvine? I would respond back asking how much money are you spending in MR with their 3 step backyard lot line. Maybe even ask how it feels being squeezed in like sardines and hearing their neighbors flush their toilets.

I would respond back asking how much money are you spending in MR with their 3 step backyard lot line. Maybe even ask it is being squeezed in like sardines and hearing their neighbors flush their toilets.
But they may say "It's in Irvine" and so okay  ;D

totoros said:
Ready2Downsize said:

4) Something else?

Just an FYI? the Brookfield sales team informed me that there are no rentals allowed in the first year

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can answer this question since you all seem very knowledgeable.

- Are there any cons about owning just the airspace and not the land?

I?ve always thought it was a bad thing, but now I?m not sure. Cira is labeled as a detached condo, so we will only own the airspace. Made me reconsider getting something at the Meadows since those are SFRs, but I like the Tustin location.

Hope someone can help! Thank you.

Back