The Landing Tustin Legacy (Brookfield Residential)

poonie1999 said:
Got the call around 12, what about you USCTrojanCPA? 

Yes, only the plan 1's were still available.  It sounds like even for next phase there might be a couple people ahead of us wanting 2/3's.  Does anyone know if they're prioritizing cash buyers?

I know during the live web call they did at the end of 2021 they said they would NOT be, but than the email they sent out about the sales call said they would prioritize by date stamp + buyers with no contingencies (which I assume means all cash?)

No contingencies means that you do not have to sell a home in order to buy their new home, not that you have to be a cash buyer.

in today's market, it will be really hard to not to sell a house with short close unless you are asking for the sky or it is a total rundown in shady area.

USCTrojanCPA said:
poonie1999 said:

Yes, only the plan 1's were still available.  It sounds like even for next phase there might be a couple people ahead of us wanting 2/3's.  Does anyone know if they're prioritizing cash buyers?

I know during the live web call they did at the end of 2021 they said they would NOT be, but than the email they sent out about the sales call said they would prioritize by date stamp + buyers with no contingencies (which I assume means all cash?)

No contingencies means that you do not have to sell a home in order to buy their new home, not that you have to be a cash buyer.

The California Court Company said:
in today's market, it will be really hard to not to sell a house with short close unless you are asking for the sky or it is a total rundown in shady area.

USCTrojanCPA said:
poonie1999 said:

Very true but builders can plenty of non-contingent buyers to pick from so contingent buyers are shut out.

USCTrojanCPA said:
The California Court Company said:

USCTrojanCPA said:
poonie1999 said:

Very true but builders can plenty of non-contingent buyers to pick from so contingent buyers are shut out.

Lennar told my daughter they won't consider anyone that is noncontingent, end of story in San Diego. When they start taking contingencies, it's probably not a great sign.

I have some buyers interested but they are contingent. Basically in my mind I know they have no shot for 6+ months ...

Cares said:
I have some buyers interested but they are contingent. Basically in my mind I know they have no shot for 6+ months ...

Underpriced now. In 6 months they will be at market or the market will be at their price.

Ready2Downsize said:
Cares said:

Underpriced now. In 6 months they will be at market or the market will be at their price.

Fortunately, as a contingent buyer, that means that their home/money will continue to appreciate and hopefully near the same rate that new construction does.

Cares said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Cares said:

Fortunately, as a contingent buyer, that means that their home/money will continue to appreciate and hopefully near the same rate that new construction does.

But these are underpriced. IMO they are going to rise more than the market and if their resale homes are priced for less the difference in increased prices is going to widen.

Yup, they told me to expect $45-$55k per phase.  With a 2 year build-out will be interesting to see what happens with their pricing.

Back