The Investigation

Liar Loan said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Liar Loan said:
Wow... The swamp just keeps getting swampier!!!

REVEALED: Peter Strzok Had Personal Relationship With Recused Judge In Michael Flynn Case

LOL...you clearly have no idea how judges and attorneys interact. 

and somehow this is evidence of "collusion" but not what Trump did?

What does that have to do with LEAD INVESTIGATOR Peter Strzok?  Did you think he was an attorney?

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) lawyer

Irvinecommuter said:
Liar Loan said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Liar Loan said:

REVEALED: Peter Strzok Had Personal Relationship With Recused Judge In Michael Flynn Case

What does that have to do with LEAD INVESTIGATOR Peter Strzok?  Did you think he was an attorney?

I'm sorry I don't follow.

Liar Loan said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Liar Loan said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Liar Loan said:

I'm sorry I don't follow.

Page was basically the DA and Strzok basically a cop.  They hang out with judges all the time.

Just when you thought this crowd could not sink to new lows ... kicking someone in their pension like this.  I know people here will cheer this on like they do everything else their cult leader does , just hope you don't meet a fate similar to him when it comes to your own investment in your company's 401k/pension.

FBI?s McCabe is fired 26 hours before he could retire

Andrew McCabe, who had stepped down from his post as FBI deputy director earlier this year but remained an employee, had been a lightning rod in the political battles surrounding the investigation into Hillary Clinton?s use of a private email server and special counsel Robert S. Mueller III?s probe. The firing will likely cost McCabe a significant portion of his retirement benefits.

Petty and vindictive but we already knew that.

Also highlights that he's driven most rational voices out of his organization.  But we already knew that too.

Really classy. Jeff Sessions fired him 1 day before he qualified for his full retirement benefits. Rex was found out he was going to be replaced on Twitter.

Forget going to the movies or watching telenovela (soap operas). Just follow trump and the Whitehouse.

Btw - Donald Jr. wife is filing for divorce
https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxn...p-jr-s-wife-files-for-divorce-report.amp.html

fortune11 said:
Just when you thought this crowd could not sink to new lows ... kicking someone in their pension like this.  I know people here will cheer this on like they do everything else their cult leader does , just hope you don't meet a fate similar to him when it comes to your own investment in your company's 401k/pension.

Andrew McCabe, who had stepped down from his post as FBI deputy director earlier this year but remained an employee, had been a lightning rod in the political battles surrounding the investigation into Hillary Clinton?s use of a private email server and special counsel Robert S. Mueller III?s probe. The firing will likely cost McCabe a significant portion of his retirement benefits.

Kings said:
@realDonaldTrump

Andrew McCabe FIRED, a great day for the hard working men and women of the FBI - A great day for Democracy. Sanctimonious James Comey was his boss and made McCabe look like a choirboy. He knew all about the lies and corruption going on at the highest levels of the FBI!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NowB4QPZR4

Trump makes it so obvious doesn?t he

Glad to be living in a banana republic

Who needs immigrants to destroy our culture - when we have old white billionaires like trump doing it everyday from within ...

fortune11 said:

So if I leaked classified information to the news media and lied under oath about it, I would expect to be fired and lose my benefits.  It's only those at the top of the FBI (and other government agencies) that think they are above the law.

More fake news to create headlines that make people believe a lie...

No, Andrew McCabe Isn't 'Losing His Pension'

In the news this weekend, Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced that FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe had been fired.  And I'm not going to debate whether this was right or wrong, especially not in this forum.  But I wanted to address this as far as retirement issues are concerned.

The reports that are flying across the news, Twitter, and Facebook are that McCabe was just two days short of retirement and that this move by Sessions will, as, for instance, Vox, reports, "cost him his federal pension." On Twitter, Andrea Mitchell writes:

One suggestion from a McCabe supporter: if a friendly member of Congress hired him for a week he could possibly qualify for pension benefits by extending his service the extra days

and Massachusetts Congressman Seth Moulton tweeted in reply,

Would be happy to consider this. The Sixth District of MA would benefit from the wisdom and talent of such an experienced public servant.

Which all gives the impression of a veteran, elderly federal official being cheated out of his pension accruals due to a vindictive Trump administration.  But this didn't pass the sniff test.  Pensions -- public as well as private -- are required to meet certain vesting requirements, and, in fact, the FERS (Federal Employees Retirement System) benefits vest at five years, meaning that benefit accruals cannot be taken away.

In fact, McCabe is all of 49 years old, likely 50 by the time readers see this, and what he lost out on was, as CNN much more calmly recounts, the ability to take his benefits at age 50, rather than somewhere between age 57 and age 62, and he lost his eligibility to a special top-up in benefit formula.  These are, admittedly, tangible financial losses, but it is grossly misleading that various news outlets are giving the general public the impression that he has lost his pension entirely.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ebauer/2018/03/17/no-andrew-mccabe-isnt-losing-his-pension/#7ca674b5236d

Does Bannon  have a law degree from trump university that we don?t know about ?

Bannon pitches White House on plan to cripple Mueller probe and protect Trump

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bannon-pitches-white-house-on-plan-to-cripple-mueller-probe-and-protect-trump/2018/04/11/1ec5b1b2-3d9f-11e8-a7d1-e4efec6389f0_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.3b2af4264a9d

What? Mueller's raid on the lawyer was about the Access Hollywood tapes?  That's literally what the local NBC station just said.

nosuchreality said:
What? Mueller's raid on the lawyer was about the Access Hollywood tapes?  That's literally what the local NBC station just said.

Don?t know about that but there is at least 3 known hush money payments during the 2016 campaign that they are also interested  in

1. 130K to Stormy Daniels, who said she had an affair with Trump

2. 150K to Karen McDougal, who said she had an affair with Trump

3. 30K to Dino Sajudin, a doorman who said Trump fathered an illegitimate child

Just for giggles, let's say all of these payments - roughly $400k - fall into a "campaign finance law violation".

Should The Tang Menace get the same treatment his predecessor got?  You know... when POTUS 44 was caught with millions of dollars raised illegally?  The Obama Justice Department decided to reduce  the definition of the fundraising to less than a criminal act, yet the offenders paid a $375,000 penalty to the FEC and the issue went quietly away. Also, Obama wasn't impeached, unless it occurred in an alternative universe.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-campaign-to-pay-375000-fine-for-omitting-some-donors-names-in-2008/2013/01/04/78973402-56bb-11e2-8b9e-dd8773594efc_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8d32bab5a3ee

If The Keebler Elf of an Attorney General pulls the same act and hits Trump with a fine at the same percentage basis that Obama had my guess is that it will be about $10,000. In most parts of the world, this is known as chump change.

This is nothing more than a self inflicted wound that the resistance feels a compelling need to de-bandage. It neither helps the Country move on, nor reaches their goal of impeachment.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People said:
Just for giggles, let's say all of these payments - roughly $400k - fall into a "campaign finance law violation".

Should The Tang Menace get the same treatment his predecessor got?  You know... when POTUS 44 was caught with millions of dollars raised illegally?  The Obama Justice Department decided to reduce  the definition of the fundraising to less than a criminal act, yet the offenders paid a $375,000 penalty to the FEC and the issue went quietly away. Also, Obama wasn't impeached, unless it occurred in an alternative universe.

If The Keebler Elf of an Attorney General pulls the same act and hits Trump with a fine at the same percentage basis that Obama had my guess is that it will be about $10,000. Chump Change.

This is nothing more than a self inflicted wound that the resistance feels a compelling need to de-bandage. It neither helps the Country move on, nor reaches their goal of impeachment.

My .02c

If he didn?t do anything thing. Why is there rumors that he wants to fire him?
(reminds me of Nixon)

I don?t think anyone is shooting for  impeachment (despite what you might hear otherwise ) , but it does keep all this in the headlines right through the midterms ? which is the other desired effect .

Ultimately it is not changing minds of hard core gop supporters (like many on this forum ) but it will inflict some damage with suburban white woman and independents

We will just have to wait until November to find out .

fortune11 said:
I don?t think anyone is shooting for  impeachment (despite what you might hear otherwise ) , but it does keep all this in the headlines right through the midterms ? which is the other desired effect .

Ultimately it is not changing minds of hard core gop supporters (like many on this forum ) but it will inflict some damage with suburban white woman and independents

Oh, so it's just political muckraking...

You must not have had your coffee today because I think you just spoke the truth about using a special prosecutor to raid the lawyer of a sitting (unliked) President to score point with a voting block in the mid-terms.

nosuchreality said:
fortune11 said:

Oh, so it's just political muckraking...

You must not have had your coffee today because I think you just spoke the truth about using a special prosecutor to raid the lawyer of a sitting (unliked) President to score point with a voting block in the mid-terms.

Unlike many others on this forum , I don?t always filter everything through a partisan lens , coffee or not :)  ?  just take a look at my comments re jerry brown and CA on the other thread . Now like everyone else I do have  preferences but they can change depending on who is in charge (ie  Romney versus trump )

This is pure objective impact analysis . Now whether it is justified or not , we are yet to find out

Political impact can be an outcome of a legitimate investigation as well .

The thing is GOP is actually much better positioned than dems in this regard because of their generally low information voter base (Fox News oriented ) . Dems have their own bigger problems , purity litmus test warriors snd lack of unity , among them .

I've give you that dogmatic Trump supporters are operating out of a alternate set of universe facts in many cases.  As I've said before I've seen many that don't even require a sniff test.

I also see the Dem side, they the koolaid just as bad.  The Dem propaganda is better polished but still plays the same tired knee jerk emotional chords.

It'll be an interesting mid-term, both parties are radicalizing towards the fringe.

There is actually a website setup by Republican National committee ? lyincomey.com in advance of comeys book tour

There is clearly no adults left in the room ...

Back