The Investigation

morekaos said:
fortune11 said:
morekaos said:
Each indictment moves further and further away from trump and closer and closer to Clinton...nice job boneheads.
https://youtu.be/ISeLwQDP8UM

Thats the difference between Republicans and Democrats  in their present form. ... at-least one party cares a little bit about this nations sovereignty ... even if it leads to whomever it does

I agree. Build that wall!!

Oh snap!

Liar Loan said:
Twitter account of Rob Goldman, VP of Facebook Ads:
The majority of the Russian ad spend happened AFTER the election.  We shared that fact, but very few outlets have covered it because it doesn?t align with the main media narrative of Trump and the election.
https://twitter.com/robjective/status/964680123885613056

Obviously, what would you expect from a VP of facebook ads !! His job is on the line :)

The grand jury indictment secured by Mueller clearly says  that "the goal of Russian operatives was to influence the 2016 election, particularly by criticizing Hillary Clinton and supporting Trump and Bernie Sanders"

I will take Mueller's investigative work any day over that of a corporate shill trying to cover up for his own missteps .  I have seen too many of these cases as a management consultant to believe stuff from corporate types at face value.

fortune11 said:
Liar Loan said:
Twitter account of Rob Goldman, VP of Facebook Ads:
The majority of the Russian ad spend happened AFTER the election.  We shared that fact, but very few outlets have covered it because it doesn?t align with the main media narrative of Trump and the election.
https://twitter.com/robjective/status/964680123885613056

Obviously, what would you expect from a VP of facebook ads !! His job is on the line :)

The grand jury indictment secured by Mueller clearly says  that "the goal of Russian operatives was to influence the 2016 election, particularly by criticizing Hillary Clinton and supporting Trump and Bernie Sanders"

I will take Mueller's investigative work any day over that of a corporate shill trying to cover up for his own missteps .  I have seen too many of these cases as a management consultant to believe stuff from corporate types at face value.

That's not quite correct.

The indictment concludes that the Internet Research Agency "had a strategic goal to sow discord in the U.S. political system."
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/16/trump-russia-indictments-mueller-investigation-415667

I think we can agree that the Ruskies, at least partially, accomplished their goal.

I also think Rob Goldman isn't so much worried about his job as he is worried about Facebook being blamed by Democrats for Crooked Hillary's loss.  If SJW's started abandoning their FB accounts en masse, that would be a huge drop in active user count for their ad rates.  They also want to avoid government regulation which is why they are falling all over themselves to cooperate with Mueller and change their policies regarding ad sales to hostile foreign actors. 

Ultimately, I don't think Rob Goldman's job is in danger because he was taking orders from the top.  Zuckerberg is the one who defined Facebook as a "platform" not a "content provider".  He now realizes what a mistake that was.

Russia Announces New Plan To Just Let The U.S. Tear Itself Apart Unaided
MOSCOW?After years of meddling by Russian agents and Russia-funded bots and hacking attempts, the Kremlin announced Thursday it would be withdrawing from all activity in the U.S., and would instead be allowing the country to tear itself apart without any help from them.

?Our spies and bots simply couldn?t keep up with the rapid pace at which America is destroying itself,? Russian President Vladimir Putin said in a press conference Thursday. ?They?re on the verge of tearing each other to shreds. Really, it?s quite impressive.?

Putin stated his spies stationed abroad tried their hardest to divide America, but were outpaced and outclassed at every turn by the country?s highly motivated politicians and partisan activists, who are doing ?a far better job? than his own spies could at ripping the country apart.

?They don?t need our help, apparently. So we?ll just get out of the way and let them have at it. Bravo, America!? Putin added.

putin-696x394.png

http://babylonbee.com/news/russia-announces-new-plan-just-let-u-s-tear-apart-unaided/

Loco_local said:
Liar Loan said:
Kings said:
eyephone said:
?Special counsel Mueller indicts 13 Russians with interfering in 2016 U.S. election

Translation: Yearlong Russia Investigation Finds No Collusion, But Identifies 13 Russian Trolls That Will Never Be Extradited or Tried In the US

So which of the following is Mueller's greatest success so far?

1) George P. pleads guilty to lying.

2) Gen. Flynn pleads guilty to lying.  (Although a new judge has been assigned and this plea might change.)

3) Manafort/Gates charged with laundering money and not registering as foreign agents in 2006.

4) 13 Russians charged with identity theft, bank fraud, and purchasing Facebook ads.

It's a toss up between Flynn and Manafort since they previously worked as foreign agents and were already connected with Russia.  Flynn's son is up to no good so who knows how much he will squeal to protect his family. You don't plead guilty to a lesser crime unless you know you've done something much worse and have been caught.

My guess this is going to lead back to Jared and the Mercers. Trump was probably too clueless and thickheaded to think he needed anyone's help to win the election.

With Gates turning state's evidence, and the pile of new charges being announced, I think the Manafort prosecution is by far the biggest success of the investigation, so far.  He could potentially spend life in prison if found guilty of all charges.

Of course, all of this is designed to get him to squeal about Russian collusion against his old boss, Teflon Don.  We'll have to see what comes of this.

Liar Loan said:
Loco_local said:
Liar Loan said:
Kings said:
eyephone said:
?Special counsel Mueller indicts 13 Russians with interfering in 2016 U.S. election

Translation: Yearlong Russia Investigation Finds No Collusion, But Identifies 13 Russian Trolls That Will Never Be Extradited or Tried In the US

2) Gen. Flynn pleads guilty to lying.  (Although a new judge has been assigned and this plea might change.)

3) Manafort/Gates charged with laundering money and not registering as foreign agents in 2006.

4) 13 Russians charged with identity theft, bank fraud, and purchasing Facebook ads.

It's a toss up between Flynn and Manafort since they previously worked as foreign agents and were already connected with Russia.  Flynn's son is up to no good so who knows how much he will squeal to protect his family. You don't plead guilty to a lesser crime unless you know you've done something much worse and have been caught.

My guess this is going to lead back to Jared and the Mercers. Trump was probably too clueless and thickheaded to think he needed anyone's help to win the election.

With Gates turning state's evidence, and the pile of new charges being announced, I think the Manafort prosecution is by far the biggest success of the investigation, so far.  He could potentially spend life in prison if found guilty of all charges.

Of course, all of this is designed to get him to squeal about Russian collusion against his old boss, Teflon Don.  We'll have to see what comes of this.

Wait...you actually think that the investigation actually means something? 

Trump's issue is the obstruction of justice part.  He told Comey to stop the investigation and then fired Comey because he would not do so.  He then tried to place hurdles in front of the special investigation and  "allegedly" tried to fire Mueller.  Remember, Nixon probably didn't know about the Watergate break-in either.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...ction-of-justice-case-against-himself/551588/
https://www.vox.com/2014/8/7/5970967/what-was-watergate-scandal-nixon

Irvinecommuter said:
Liar Loan said:
Loco_local said:
Liar Loan said:
Kings said:
eyephone said:

Wait...you actually think that the investigation actually means something? 

Trump's issue is the obstruction of justice part.  He told Comey to stop the investigation and then fired Comey because he would not do so.  He then tried to place hurdles in front of the special investigation and  "allegedly" tried to fire Mueller.  Remember, Nixon probably didn't know about the Watergate break-in either.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...ction-of-justice-case-against-himself/551588/
https://www.vox.com/2014/8/7/5970967/what-was-watergate-scandal-nixon

I think the investigation into Manafort is probably solid.  The investigation into Trump is bogus.  Even you are resorting to focusing on obstruction because all the signs point to no collusion.

As for obstruction, we don't know what Trump "asked" of Comey because the FBI refuses to declassify Comey's memos... you know the ones he leaked to the NY Times?  We only have Comey's part of the story (the leaked part) and not the full story.  Comey's leak of classified FBI documents is a felony.

As it so happens, asking Comey to go easy on Flynn must have been persuasive, because that's exactly what Comey did.  The only thing Flynn was charged with was lying to the FBI by the special counsel, and that may get vacated under the new judge assigned to the case.  Comey himself said his agents didn't think Flynn lied.

As for firing Comey, that isn't obstruction of justice.  The President can fire anybody in the Executive Branch for any reason.  Comey had crossed many lines in his role as FBI director.  Democrats wanted him gone for "costing Hillary the election".  Comey thought he was playing Trump by being coy about the dossier and waving it out there to show he had the dirt on the President (an implicit threat akin to J Edgar Hoover), but he didn't realize Trump plays 12-dimensional chess. 

After watching Comey tell lie after lie during his Congressional testimony, Trump said "You're fired!"  Letting Comey find out from a CNN broadcast in the middle of a speech was classic Trump.

Liar Loan said:
I think the investigation into Manafort is probably solid.  The investigation into Trump is bogus.  Even you are resorting to focusing on obstruction because all the signs point to no collusion.

As for obstruction, we don't know what Trump "asked" of Comey because the FBI refuses to declassify Comey's memos... you know the ones he leaked to the NY Times?  We only have Comey's part of the story (the leaked part) and not the full story.  Comey's leak of classified FBI documents is a felony.

As it so happens, asking Comey to go easy on Flynn must have been persuasive, because that's exactly what Comey did.  The only thing Flynn was charged with was lying to the FBI by the special counsel, and that may get vacated under the new judge assigned to the case.  Comey himself said his agents didn't think Flynn lied.

As for firing Comey, that isn't obstruction of justice.  The President can fire anybody in the Executive Branch for any reason.  Comey had crossed many lines in his role as FBI director.  Democrats wanted him gone for "costing Hillary the election".  Comey thought he was playing Trump by being coy about the dossier and waving it out there to show he had the dirt on the President (an implicit threat akin to J Edgar Hoover), but he didn't realize Trump plays 12-dimensional chess. 

After watching Comey tell lie after lie during his Congressional testimony, Trump said "You're fired!"  Letting Comey find out from a CNN broadcast in the middle of a speech was classic Trump.

Nope...you can't fire anybody in the for any reason...one of the reasons you can't fire someone...to stop an investigation.

You really think that Mueller is turn 3 of Trump's former associates states witness to get Manafort?  Seriously

12-Dimension chess?  Trump struggles with chutes and ladders. 

Irvinecommuter said:
Liar Loan said:

Nope...you can't fire anybody in the for any reason...one of the reasons you can't fire someone...to stop an investigation.

You really think that Mueller is turn 3 of Trump's former associates states witness to get Manafort?  Seriously

No less than Jim Comey disagrees with you:

I have long believed that a President can fire an FBI Director for any reason, or for no reason at all. I'm not going to spend time on the decision or the way it was executed. I hope you won't either. It is done, and I will be fine, although I will miss you and the mission deeply.
http://thehill.com/policy/national-...ident-can-fire-an-fbi-director-for-any-reason

Liar Loan said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Liar Loan said:

No less than Jim Comey disagrees with you:

I have long believed that a President can fire an FBI Director for any reason, or for no reason at all. I'm not going to spend time on the decision or the way it was executed. I hope you won't either. It is done, and I will be fine, although I will miss you and the mission deeply.
http://thehill.com/policy/national-...ident-can-fire-an-fbi-director-for-any-reason

No less than Nixon can tell you of the consequence of firing people investigating presidential campaigns.

sad state of affairs is ? Fox News (state tv) and talk radio and Facebook bubbles have turned a meaningful swath of republican primary voters, especially old evangelicals , immune to facts and reason , as long as they can be convinced they are ?owning the libs ? and ?Pelosi is coming ?.

Nixon did not have this weapon of mass (mind) destruction at his disposal .

The most powerful force in the country today holding sway over congress is the republican primary voter, usually older / evangelical .  This is why you stil cannot enact laws or change things that otherwise have 70 percent approval from the broader public . Because even though many repubs don?t need to be whackos to win general elections , they need to be in order to win primaries . 

Unless gen x/y/z can turn all this outrage into actionable outcomes at the ballot box , republican efforts to restrict voting acces and gerrimandering notwithstanding , Trump can do whatever the f**** he wants , including pardoning Manafort and firing mueller and it will be alright

Again this is a cynical / pragmatist read of the situation . But let?s hope I am proven wrong.

Hope Hicks Acknowledges She Sometimes Tells White Lies for Trump

WASHINGTON ? Hope Hicks, the White House communications director, told House investigators on Tuesday that her work for President Trump, who has a reputation for exaggerations and outright falsehoods, had occasionally required her to tell white lies.

But after extended consultation with her lawyers, she insisted that she had not lied about matters material to the investigations into Russia?s interference in the 2016 presidential election and possible links to Trump associates, according to three people familiar with her testimony.

The exchange came during more than eight hours of private testimony before the House Intelligence Committee. Ms. Hicks declined to answer similar questions about other figures from the Trump campaign or the White House.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile...use-intelligence-committee-testimony.amp.html

Tells white lies?

eyephone said:
Hope Hicks Acknowledges She Sometimes Tells White Lies for Trump

WASHINGTON ? Hope Hicks, the White House communications director, told House investigators on Tuesday that her work for President Trump, who has a reputation for exaggerations and outright falsehoods, had occasionally required her to tell white lies.

But after extended consultation with her lawyers, she insisted that she had not lied about matters material to the investigations into Russia?s interference in the 2016 presidential election and possible links to Trump associates, according to three people familiar with her testimony.

The exchange came during more than eight hours of private testimony before the House Intelligence Committee. Ms. Hicks declined to answer similar questions about other figures from the Trump campaign or the White House.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile...use-intelligence-committee-testimony.amp.html

Tells white lies?

She just quit!  Hopefully Mueller will get her on a plea deal too!

NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!!  NOTHING!

Special counsel Robert Mueller's team is asking witnesses pointed questions about whether Donald Trump was aware that Democratic emails had been stolen before that was publicly known, and whether he was involved in their strategic release, according to multiple people familiar with the probe.

Mueller's investigators have asked witnesses whether Trump was aware of plans for WikiLeaks to publish the emails. They have also asked about the relationship between GOP operative Roger Stone and WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, and why Trump took policy positions favorable to Russia.

The line of questioning suggests the special counsel, who is tasked with examining whether there was collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia during the 2016 election, is looking into possible coordination between WikiLeaks and Trump associates in disseminating the emails, which U.S. intelligence officials say were stolen by Russia.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...g-what-trump-knew-about-hacked-emails-n851941

THE BEST PEOPLE!

New York?s banking regulator has asked Deutsche Bank AG and a pair of local lenders to provide information about their relationships with Jared Kushner, his family and the Kushner Cos., according to people familiar with the matter.

The state?s Department of Financial Services sent letters to Deutsche Bank, Signature Bank and New York Community Bank last week, said one of the people, who described the letter. Seeking a response by March 5, the DFS asked about the banks? relationships with Kushner and his business properties, as well as documents and communications about certain loan requests.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/regulator-seeks-kushner-loan-details-175738240.html

Wow... The swamp just keeps getting swampier!!!

REVEALED: Peter Strzok Had Personal Relationship With Recused Judge In Michael Flynn Case

Text messages obtained by The Federalist show that Peter Strzok and Lisa Page conspired to collude with Judge Rudolph Contreras, a FISA judge who presided over Michael Flynn's guilty plea and was later removed from the case.

Newly discovered text messages obtained by The Federalist reveal two key federal law enforcement officials conspired to meet with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) judge who presided over the federal case against Michael Flynn. The judge, Rudolph Contreras, was recused from handling the case just days after accepting the guilty plea of President Donald Trump?s former national security adviser who was charged with making false statements to federal investigators.

The text messages about Contreras between controversial Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) lawyer Lisa Page and Peter Strzok, the senior FBI counterintelligence official who was kicked off Robert Mueller?s special counsel team, were deliberately hidden from Congress, multiple congressional investigators told The Federalist. In the messages, Page and Strzok, who are rumored to have been engaged in an illicit romantic affair, discussed Strzok?s personal friendship with Contreras and how to leverage that relationship in ongoing counterintelligence matters.

?Rudy is on the [Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court]!? Page excitedly texted Strzok on July 25, 2016. ?Did you know that? Just appointed two months ago.?

?I did,? Strzok responded. ?I need to get together with him.?

?[He] said he?d gotten on a month or two ago at a graduation party we were both at.?

Contreras was appointed to the top surveillance court on May 19, 2016, federal records show.

The pair even schemed about how to set up a cocktail or dinner party just so Contreras, Strzok, and Page could speak without arousing suspicion that they were colluding. Strzok expressed concern that a one-on-one meeting between the two men might require Contreras? recusal from matters in which Strzok was involved.

?[REDACTED] suggested a social setting with others would probably be better than a one on one meeting,? Strzok told Page. ?I?m sorry, I?m just going to have to invite you to that cocktail party.?

?Have to come up with some other work people cover for action,? Strzok added.

?Why more?? Page responded. ?Six is a perfectly fine dinner party.?

It is not known whether the proposed party happened as planned.

Flynn?s guilty plea was accepted in federal court by Contreras on December 1, 2017. Contreras was recused from the Flynn case on December 7, 2017, and the case was reassigned to Judge Emmet G. Sullivan, according to federal court documents.
http://thefederalist.com/2018/03/16...hip-with-recused-judge-in-michael-flynn-case/

Liar Loan said:

REVEALED: Peter Strzok Had Personal Relationship With Recused Judge In Michael Flynn Case

LOL...you clearly have no idea how judges and attorneys interact. 

and somehow this is evidence of "collusion" but not what Trump did? 

Irvinecommuter said:
Liar Loan said:

LOL...you clearly have no idea how judges and attorneys interact. 

and somehow this is evidence of "collusion" but not what Trump did?

What does that have to do with LEAD INVESTIGATOR Peter Strzok?  Did you think he was an attorney?

Back