Tesla Model 3

The Tesla 3 costs 30K...I am not sure how that is the Hollywood crowd.  I would much more prefer credits go to the buyers of the cars rather than oil companies.

Not even close...

Base car with a 220 mile range for $35,000
Extended range of 310 miles for $44,000
Add Enhanced Autopilot feature for $49,000 (40% higher than the base price)
Add ?Full self-driving capability? for a total of $52,000 (49% higher)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2017/07/30/how-much-will-teslas-model-3-really-cost/#484d06b17dcb

Tesla Model 3 average sale price and budget to be closer to $50,000 based on latest data from reservation holders

https://electrek.co/2017/04/06/tesla-model-3-average-sale-price-data/

Just to be totally transparent, I have sold all my shares over the last several weeks.

JPMorgan has a new short idea: Tesla shares to fall 40% in 12 months

JPMorgan advises investors to short Tesla, calling for 40 percent share downside over the next year thanks to possible share dilution and mounting competition.
"Tesla will face several milestones in 2018 relative to the ramping of production of the Model 3, which we believe will be difficult for the company to meet," wrote analyst Ryan Brinkman.
Shares of Tesla fell 0.8 percent in early trading Friday.
Though Tesla is up for the year, Tesla's stock has lost one-fifth of its value since a high in September, with shorts recovering $890 million of their losses, according to S3 Partners.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/01/jpmorgan-has-a-new-short-idea-tesla-shares-to-fall-40-percent-in-12-months.html

How many times does a big name call for TSLA to fall big time.. and how many times does the stock stay resilient?  Elon has some big backers that keeps Tesla going.  Hard to explain.

morekaos said:
Careful with stock predictions IH ;)
irvinehomeowner said:
For 12/31/16... 20,888!

For 12/31/17... 18,888. :(

Hah, you actually think what I post here is my prediction?

The Dow is the crystal ball breaker.

Although, I do think TSLA will do okay... keep seeing more of them on the road. I actually saw a Karma the other night too. (what a name :) ).

irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
For 12/31/16... 20,888!

Although, I do think TSLA will do okay... keep seeing more of them on the road. I actually saw a Karma the other night too. (what a name :) ).

Why do you think you got your prediction wrong?  <--(IHO style questioning)  :D

Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
For 12/31/16... 20,888!

1) My answers were jokes (based on the 888 numbers and the emoticon) and 2) I have no idea where the Dow is going, esp based on the last 5 years of action.

I've never said I am sure where the Dow will go either way, others have, and I wanted to know how they made that call because their reasoning wasn't very solid.

Now if you really want my prediction... I think the Dow is poised for a drop because most things can't sustain this type of climb... it's all cyclical. The real questions are how much and when?

If I knew that, I wouldn't be wasting my time on an Irvine forum.

But it is fun to watch.

irvinehomeowner said:
Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:
morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
For 12/31/16... 20,888!

1) My answers were jokes (based on the 888 numbers and the emoticon) and 2) I have no idea where the Dow is going, esp based on the last 5 years of action.

I've never said I am sure where the Dow will go either way, others have, and I wanted to know how they made that call because their reasoning wasn't very solid.

Now if you really want my prediction... I think the Dow is poised for a drop because most things can't sustain this type of climb... it's all cyclical. The real questions are how much and when?

If I knew that, I wouldn't be wasting my time on an Irvine forum.

But it is fun to watch.

I remember when we were on here debating if the Dow would hit 14,000.  I said it would.  I believe Panda said it wouldn't and invested in gold instead. (Oops!)

After that, I thought the Dow would crash and go to 7,000 which doesn't seem very likely now.  But I still believe this is one of the most overpriced stock markets of all time and a major reset needs to happen sooner or later.  Fed intervention and money printing have made a lot of us wealthy since 2008.  All of that wealth was pulled forward by the Fed's actions and future returns will suffer as a result.

This is actually getting floated with a straight face.  I thought the Solar fold in was criminal enough but now they want to blend in the books of these two companies to further hide the losses?  Breathtaking, and it will be hailed as genius for some reason.  Like I always say about reverse splits....You can't make a big dog by squishing a bunch of puppies together, just makes a big mess.

The case for Elon Musk to combine Tesla with SpaceX

Tesla and SpaceX may grow closer together in the future.
Factors such as competition from other firms, future financial challenges, and the opportunity to share knowledge and businesses, could push Tesla closer to Elon Musk's other major company.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/05/the-case-for-elon-musk-to-combine-tesla-with-spacex.html

morekaos said:
This is actually getting floated with a straight face.  I thought the Solar fold in was criminal enough but now they want to blend in the books of these two companies to further hide the losses?  Breathtaking, and it will be hailed as genius for some reason.  Like I always say about reverse splits....You can't make a big dog by squishing a bunch of puppies together, just makes a big mess.

The case for Elon Musk to combine Tesla with SpaceX

Tesla and SpaceX may grow closer together in the future.
Factors such as competition from other firms, future financial challenges, and the opportunity to share knowledge and businesses, could push Tesla closer to Elon Musk's other major company.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/05/the-case-for-elon-musk-to-combine-tesla-with-spacex.html

The only case for this merger is to prevent a Tesla bankruptcy in the event that no other buyers show up.  The "cross-pollination" of ideas is just a BS smokescreen that lots of gullible investors will buy into.  The financial media will hype it up right on cue.  If I was an institutional customer for the space business, this lack of focus would worry me.

Spacex is lucky they only get a handful of orders a year, so they have a much harder time losing the kind of money Tesla is losing.  But for whatever reason (and that reason is Elon), they're insanely overvalued, just like Tesla.

Someone help me understand what the outcome of such a relationship would look like, in which Tesla somehow benefits from Space-x's bank account.  Tesla is public.  Spacex is private.  Would Spacex simply buy shares of Tesla?  I'm trying to understand how Tesla gets money while Spacex keeps their books a secret.  Is that a piece of cake? 

I bet Elon's praying to make it long enough to see Democrats running the show, at which point he can cozy up to them for some more handouts.

Apologies for the hijack.  We're trying to convince you to not buy a car from a company about to go bankrupt.  Get your deposit back asap!!!  :O

daedalus said:
Apologies for the hijack.  We're trying to convince you to not buy a car from a company about to go bankrupt.  Get your deposit back asap!!!  :O
i.e. see what the service and parts availability is for the Fisker that Bieber bought in 2011.

I read on the Tesla forum that if you have friends-owner of tesla cars, they cannot impact to accelerate my queue for the car anyway.  because you every person has your own mytesla accounts that are not connected and the cars are separated in that way. maybe anyone has heard something else?

Back