Retail Openings and Closures

That KMart was drawing the bad riff raffs from Santa Ana. It killed the center because who wants to shop among the low life. Sears Essential was the cheap brand of Sears and purchased Kmarts. For middle America it was a good move but for CA the transaction was a liability.

Even when the District is recycling it's tenants. The center still sucked the life out of all strip malls close to it including the almighty TIC retail centers.

26inirvine said:
I forget the name but something is moving into the Costco center on Bryan where the Kmart used to be.  Feels like its been vacant at least 3 years.  It was some company I never heard of, I want to say its like International something.  Must be pretty big.  I was hoping Costco would turn it into a gas station.

Aria International Supermarket is moving into that space.

ps99472 said:
There goes the neighborhood...

Daiso Japan to open next to Total Woman Gym on Culver.  I'm not too familiar with Daiso, upon googling, found out it's the Japanese equivalent of the dollar store with alot of cheapwares from China.  It's gonna replace all the cheapy Ikea stuff we have around the house.

Is that the old Jax Bicycle space?  I thought Total Woman Gym had expanded to eat up that square footage?

I was there last weekend and I actually did like the transformation of the strip mall. It is a lot more pleasant and even the tenants upstairs like the adults happy ending place next to the Children's Piano Forte are getting really good signage exposure. 

So the shabu shabu place that is opening in the Trabuco Grove plaza has changed its name. It's not open yet, but the sign used to say something like "coming soon: Oshii" and now it is going to be "Mokkoji." I noticed this the other day when I was getting some ice cream at Baskin-Robbins. It's taking over the spot where Daphne's used to be, I think.

traceimage said:
So the shabu shabu place that is opening in the Trabuco Grove plaza has changed its name. It's not open yet, but the sign used to say something like "coming soon: Oshii" and now it is going to be "Mokkoji." I noticed this the other day when I was getting some ice cream at Baskin-Robbins. It's taking over the spot where Daphne's used to be, I think.

just great, this center is going to turn into an asian parking lot soon.

LOve to shab, hopefully they have booths so it's kid friendly, hate those horseshoe high barstool shab places

kalbi said:
traceimage said:

It totally is. It's the same plaza where they are opening Honey Pig.

traceimage said:
kalbi said:
traceimage said:

It totally is. It's the same plaza where they are opening Honey Pig.

exactly. that starbucks is already packed with real asian housewives of irvine. now with honey pig and shabu, it's going to be one clusterf*!@ of a parking lot.

New BBQ joint called "All That BBQ" to open near Ranch 99 at Culver Plaza.  Not too sure about the name since shopirvine site listed it as "All The BBQ". Hope for a BBQ joint southern style with dry rub and served with two pieces of wonder bread.  Feel sorry for the people working out of the weight loss center nearby, walking out you'll get a double whammy of Sam Woo BBQ and this new place.  I end up gaining weight when I work out at the 24 hrs followed with a Sam woo three combo plate.

I guess the TIC marketing machine is in full gear:

Just drove by today and noticed the new signage. Say goodbye to the old Trabuco Grove Shopping Center (corner of Traubuco & Jeffrey) and say hello to the rebadged CYPRESS Village Shopping Center.

Now when you pickup your Cypress Village home buying brochures, they will tout exclusive access to their own shopping center just like their older and prettier sister village of Woodbury.

iacrenter said:
I guess the TIC marketing machine is in full gear:

Just drove by today and noticed the new signage. Say goodbye to the old Trabuco Grove Shopping Center (corner of Traubuco & Jeffrey) and say hello to the rebadged CYPRESS Village Shopping Center.

Now when you pickup your Cypress Village home buying brochures, they will tout exclusive access to their own shopping center just like their older and prettier sister village of Woodbury.

I noticed that too. The restaurants there are now called the "Cypress Village Cafes."

This will forever bury the google search words of an epic event like white Lexus, Tri-village, Trabuco Village and Chinese man. Future FCBs will never be able to Google Fu the historic event.

the burger king at heritage plaza (culver and walnut) closed down. i never saw people in there, without a drive through im surprised it even made it this long.

Back