Retail Openings and Closures

irvinehomeowner said:
Round Table Pizza in the center on Alton and Culver closed... the one next to Jalapenos.

I like their pizza but now that the chains are all price battling with $10 or less... they just couldn't compete.

Serves them right. I also like their pizza, especially their specialty ones with the garlic sauce, but they're just too expensive.

Speaking of Jalapenos, I noticed that the one in Woodbury Plaza (next to The Counter) has closed.

Marmalade Cafe in The District has closed... that center is horrible.

The lease has been taken over by another place but I doubt they will last.

I hope Nothing Bundt Cakes doesn't close... just bought some presents there a few weeks ago.

irvinehomeowner said:
Round Table Pizza in the center on Alton and Culver closed... the one next to Jalapenos.

I like their pizza but now that the chains are all price battling with $10 or less... they just couldn't compete.

I've been a fan of Round Table at that location - but usually only when I had a decent coupon.  Too bad they are gone.  Lately I've been going to Ray's at the University Town Center - also not exactly cheap but 'You're gonna love it!'  ;)

irvinehomeowner said:

I hope Nothing Bundt Cakes doesn't close... just bought some presents there a few weeks ago.

Dont worry IHO - if NBC closes i will personally buy a franchise and open there. I will also sell tamales and fortune cookies to cater to the ethnic crowds and increase its popularity.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Dont worry IHO - if NBC closes i will personally buy a franchise and open there. I will also sell tamales and fortune cookies to cater to the ethnic crowds and increase its popularity.

When are they going to tear down that mall? They just need to start from scratch and solve their traffic issues.

tamales and fortune cookies seriously? That sounds like a good fart and a bad fortune. How about Donut and Chinese food? Totally befitting of Test's Ghetto.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:

irvinehomeshopper said:
tamales and fortune cookies seriously? That sounds like a good fart and a bad fortune. How about Donut and Chinese food? Totally befitting of Test's Ghetto.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Donuts are too similar to bundt cakes and aren't fortune cookies Chinese food?

It seems all the food places close down left and right there.. except for those with peek-a-boo jamboree views like In-n-out and chick fil a..  Only places worth eating is the Hawaiian bbq places next to Target... they give massive amounts of food..

Fortune Cookies are served at Panda Express, PF Changs and Pei Wei. So you can draw a conclusion.
qwerty said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Donuts are too similar to bundt cakes and aren't fortune cookies Chinese food?

ps99472 said:
It seems all the food places close down left and right there.. except for those with peek-a-boo jamboree views like In-n-out and chick fil a..  Only places worth eating is the Hawaiian bbq places next to Target... they give massive amounts of food..

my wife loves that Hawaiian bbq place next to target, she gets that a lot on her way home from work. our dogs love those ribs.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Hawaiian portion?

Have you seen a Hawaiian Sumo wrestler? That is a "Hawaiian sized" portion.  :D
konishiki_all.jpg

Goro sushi has closed, they were next to the closed Indian restaurant (now a pho place) and closed Roundtables.. only Jalapenos remain... Actually like their food at Goro... I think one of the sushi chef was Indian? but spoke Japanese?  Love their lobster roll.. simple taste, complex texture.. I think it was actually Japanese owned...

A restaurant called Honey Pig is opening in the Trabuco Grove plaza, where La Salsa used to be. The guy putting up the sign said it will serve Korean bbq.

traceimage said:
A restaurant called Honey Pig is opening in the Trabuco Grove plaza, where La Salsa used to be. The guy putting up the sign said it will serve Korean bbq.

seriously? honey pig is delicious!!!!!!

Back