Retail Openings and Closures

qwerty said:
the burger king at heritage plaza (culver and walnut) closed down. i never saw people in there, without a drive through im surprised it even made it this long.
That's interesting... the one near the District where Sam's Club used to be closed down too... and it had a drive-thru. I wonder if they were owned by the same franchisee.

I think Burger Kings closed because the white people could not afford to live in Irvine anymore. Shark fin or geoduck burgers should rescue the dying franchise in Irvine.

irvinehomeshopper said:
I think Burger Kings closed because the white people could not afford to live in Irvine anymore. Shark fin or geoduck burgers should rescue the dying franchise in Irvine.
Or white people are going to the good burger chains like In'N'Out and Five Guys.  :D

USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
Or white people are going to the good burger chains like In'N'Out and Five Guys.  :D

yeah, i went to burger king about a month or two ago to try their new fries and they were really bad, didnt like them at all. The whopper didnt even taste that good either. Their food quality has been tanking. 

qwerty said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

yeah, i went to burger king about a month or two ago to try their new fries and they were really bad, didnt like them at all. The whopper didnt even taste that good either. Their food quality has been tanking. 
I remember the Whoppers were awesome when I was in high school and college (I think they had them for $.99 too).  Everything at BK sucks, I rather have a burger at CrapDonalds.  They closed down the FatBurger over in Park Place off Jamboree.  :(

I prefer the flame broiled burgers at Burger King over McDonald's any day.

One notable thing that BK has for their kid's meals, Mac&Cheese.

ps9 said:
Bk is all about the onion rings, no one else comes close...
You are dead to me.

Those aren't "onion rings"... those are chopped up onions shaped into a shape of a ring... might as well be Funyuns. Carl's Jr. has real onion rings.

irvinehomeowner said:
ps9 said:
Bk is all about the onion rings, no one else comes close...
You are dead to me.

Those aren't "onion rings"... those are chopped up onions shaped into a shape of a ring... might as well be Funyuns. Carl's Jr. has real onion rings.

Bks onion rings may well be their best item. If u want real/better onion rings go to red robin and get the tower of onion rings. Now those are some real/great onion rings.

Never had Carl's onion rungs except in the western..  Can't really taste it due to the BBQ sauce.  Don't like how you can gut/pull out the onion from the ring if you don't bite careful enough.  Bk onion rings will always have a special place in my heart.  Use to eat it quite a bit in my childhood (not by choice more convenience and money).  Plus ur fart stink the most after Bk's, gotta be the secret spices.

I don't think Red robin counts, its not "fast food". 

I like the deep fried tacos at BK more than the rings. Or when they used to have mozzarella sticks... deep fried cheese at a fast food joint... awesome!

iacrenter said:
I guess the TIC marketing machine is in full gear:

Just drove by today and noticed the new signage. Say goodbye to the old Trabuco Grove Shopping Center (corner of Traubuco & Jeffrey) and say hello to the rebadged CYPRESS Village Shopping Center.

Now when you pickup your Cypress Village home buying brochures, they will tout exclusive access to their own shopping center just like their older and prettier sister village of Woodbury.

They?ve pretty much changed the center over to Cypress Village only the Grove street name turning into the center remains.

ps9 said:
Never had Carl's onion rungs except in the western..  Can't really taste it due to the BBQ sauce.  Don't like how you can gut/pull out the onion from the ring if you don't bite careful enough.  Bk onion rings will always have a special place in my heart. 

I don't like that either, when the slimy onion slides out from the onion ring and you are left with the choice of eating a plain slimy onion, or empty crispy coating. With BK's chopped up onions, no such problems!

You guys crack me up... it's onion RINGS... not chopped onion circles.

I guess you guys don't like the Bloomin' Onion at Outback or the Onion Strings at Wood Ranch or Lucille's either?

Saw another pho restaurant opening soon.. near Mr. Sandwich on Barranca and Jamboree...can't think of anything about the name...

Pho Kobe

Back