President Trump

At least we now know CPAC, and the Right it represents, has a line. It wasn't clear if there was a line before Milo's latest vile comment became public.

How dare CPAC suppress free speech!!!

If that's the connection you want to make then own this one too....

Dallas police shootings could create unwelcome tensions for Black Lives Matter movement and its allies

Hillary Clinton had been preparing Friday to have the conversation about criminal justice that she has had throughout her campaign, one in which there is no ambiguity about which Americans are under attack. But the shootings in Dallas shifted that conversation.

They left Clinton, an unapologetic ally of Black Lives Matter who condemns racist applications of enforcing the law, tasked with reassuring a nation shocked by the murder of five police officers.

Demonstrations spread nationally after a grand jury said it would not indict the officer who put Garner in a choke hold. Weeks after the decision, a 28-year-old man shot to death two off-duty police officers in Brooklyn.

The shooting was seen as revenge for the non-indictment and for the death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo. Afterward, New York Police Commissioner William Bratton said the killings were a ?"direct spinoff? of protests and New York Mayor Bill DeBlasio called for activists to "suspend demonstrations.?

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-dallas-protest-impact-20160708-snap-story.html

I don't know how many times this cliche needs to be repeated -- "two wrongs don't make a right "

Everyone was horrified by the police shootings and all the leaders on both sides spoke in one voice to condemn and find ways to prevent it .

Trump has time to gorge on cable news , tweet away , play golf and generally be focused on minutiae where it concerns his bloated self image , but is visibly silent on this topic . That only encourages idiots to continue commiting crimes , both physical and verbal and assume they have a carte blanche for doing so.

My point is any moron with a gun can commit a horrific crime. Trying to tie crazy to current events is politically convenient but not always accurate.  One nut who is conservative is offset by one nut who is a lib...tells us nothing but that there are lots of nuts out there no matter who is POTUS.

morekaos said:
My point is any moron with a gun can commit a horrific crime. Trying to tie crazy to current events is politically convenient but not always accurate.  One nut who is conservative is offset by one nut who is a lib...tells us nothing but that there are lots of nuts out there no matter who is POTUS.

Why is this "so called" POTUS silent on this topic

What does being potus even mean if you cant even make an attempt to heal the country, even if it is empty words . Even today at cpac this moron was talking about Hillary and his election victory .

morekaos said:

I think this is an excellent point. Such things happen no matter who is in power. Hate crimes happened when Obama was in power as well, blaming the current POTUS for actions of an individual is not valid. The individual might agree with certain views of Trump, doesn't mean that this individual acted because of Trump.

I'm sure Trump would have tweeted if it was "real" news and was reported by the "real" media, instead of the "fake" media reporting the real occurrence.

fortune11 said:
morekaos said:

What does being potus even mean if you cant even make an attempt to heal the country, even if it is empty words . Even today at cpac this moron was talking about Hillary and his election victory .

Oh come now. I feel this is and the Dallas shootings were isolated incidents that don't require my President to validate my tender feelings of sorrow.  He doesn't need to comment on every nutbag event that happens every day of the week. I felt Obama injected himself so unnecessarily into events all the time. He has better, bigger things to do, and so does everyone else. Buck up Buttercup the world is a scary place, always has been

morekaos said:
fortune11 said:
morekaos said:

Oh come now. I feel this is and the Dallas shootings were isolated incidents that don't require my President to validate my tender feelings of sorrow.  He doesn't need to comment on every nutbag event that happens every day of the week. I felt Obama injected himself so unnecessarily into events all the time. He has better, bigger things to do, and so does everyone else. Buck up Buttercup the world is a scary place, always has been

Like vacationing in swampy Florida every single weekend, and golfing regularly?

Or spending weeks on end in Hawaii or Nantucket or golfing more than any other President...ever?  Again, we can play tit for tat all day.

morekaos said:
Or spending weeks on end in Hawaii or Nantucket or golfing more than any other President...ever?  Again, we can play tit for tat all day.

Only fair, if Obama had made repeated blowhard statements about how terrible it is to be doing so, while promising he would never behave in such manner.

Never mind. I'm sure this is all the Fake News' doing. They're reporting that he's vacationing and golfing every weekend when he's really hunkered down in the Oval Office.

Calling weekend trips vacations is new to me.  Were most of Obama's criticized vacations just weekend trips?  If so, the media should be ashamed of themselves for criticizing him for those trips.

Calling meeting with a foreign leader a vacation is also new to me.  Was anyone criticized for that in the past by the media?  If so, then the media should be ashamed of themselves.

I do recall them calling working at a remote location a vacation.  I think that was unfair to call that a vacation, but I also think the president should work from the White House.  That said, we spend a lot of money for an office for the president to work out of.  We have special infrastructure set up to protect and to serve the president at the White House.  The president should work in the White House.

I heard bits and pieces before I started to get physically ill. It sounds like his goal is to destroy everything before he rebuilds the country the way likes it.

Perspective said:
Just our president "protecting the Constitution," eh?

"President Donald Trump unloaded on the news media Friday for using anonymous sources ? just hours after members of his own staff insisted on briefing reporters only on condition their names be concealed."
https://www.yahoo.com/news/joke-president-trump-returns-conservative-confab-085345577--politics.html

Someone should read the first amendment to our so-called president.

Trump White House Bars News Organizations From Press Briefing
?Nothing like this has ever happened at the White House in our long history of covering multiple administrations of different parties,? said New York Times editor Dean Baquet.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/white-house-bars-news-organizations_us_58b08a76e4b0a8a9b78213ae?

The despicable human being is proving a despicable POTUS, despite the apologists' assurances to the contrary.

Loco_local said:
I heard bits and pieces before I started to get physically ill. It sounds like his goal is to destroy everything before he rebuilds the country the way likes it.

Where we see horror , his supporters cheer him on. Ultimately the people change their views depending on the leaders proclivities . Just look at the consumer confidence index - democracts are less optimistic than they were 3 months ago and republicans are hopped up on adrenaline .

They fail to realize that the hate filled language of the leaders and enablers like Fox News gives these drifters like the Kansas shooter , a sense of purpose when they embark upon these hate crimes . If you read their profiles lot of times , they have no real aim in life and are trying to find a sense of belonging. 

I think it is futile making arguments here . ultimately,  unless trump does something to hurt the pocketbook of the welloff , especially those supporters who derive their livelihood or net worth from real estate , they will not see the counterpoint .

Perspective said:
Poorly educated and poorly informed, confirmed daily:

Trump Seeks Credit for Debt Reduction Driven by Normal Cash Flowhttps://www.bloomberg.com/politics/...for-debt-reduction-driven-by-normal-cash-flow

Which day?

Clinton Tries To Say Obama Cut The Deficit ? He Didn?t

Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton tried to say during the third presidential debate that President Barack Obama cut the deficit during his presidency, a claim that appears to contradict the facts, according to the U.S. Treasury.

?When President Obama came into office, he inherited the worst economic disaster since the great depression. He has cut the deficit by two-thirds,? Clinton said during the debate in Las Vegas Wednesday evening.

The Federal Budget Deficit Totaled $459 Billion when Obama took office in 2008 according to the Office of Management and Budget, but Politico reported that the deficit was $600 billion as of July, up $162 billion from 2015.

Obama increased the overall National Debt by 84 percent in the nearly 8 years in office. In the beginning of 2009, the debt totaled $10.627 Trillion, and ballooned up to $19.766 as of Oct. 18, 2016.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/19/clinton-tries-to-say-obama-cut-the-deficit-he-didnt/#ixzz4ZkjvFCub

Obama Tripled the Deficit, Now Brags He Cut It in Half

Familiar is the parable of the boy who murders his parents, then seeks leniency because he is suddenly an orphan.

When it comes to budget deficits, Barack Obama is more like the boy who knocks off his parents, then brags that he drove them to the morgue.

While his public approval rating plummeted this week to a new low of 37%, here was Obama in a press conference rationalizing his refusal to even negotiate over the nation?s debt limit:  ?Don?t tell us that the government is going bankrupt, when the deficit has been cut in half!?

The only problem is that Obama tripled the deficit before he cut it in half.  As a result, he has only accelerated the government toward bankruptcy.

http://cfif.org/v/index.php/commentary/43/1991-obama-tripled-the-deficit-now-brags-he-cut-it-in-half

Back