President Trump

Perspective said:
morekaos said:
I agree, that whole antisemite stuff is a load of crap. His daughter is Jewish his son in law and grandchild is Jewish. Israel loves him..that charge reekes of BS!!

Conspicuously similar retort after making a racist comment, "But some of my best friends are black!"

Trump continues to torch the town, throwing gasoline everywhere. A defense unavailable to him is, "But I didn't intend to burn THAT house down."

Yessss...Trump is such a evil genius anti-Semite that in order to fool us he loaded his inner circle and cabinet with them...keep your friends close but your enemy's closer...genius!!

Jason Greenblatt

Greenblatt has worked as a real-estate lawyer for Trump for 19 years, and he is one of two Jewish lawyers whom Trump has said he would appoint as his Israel advisers. An Orthodox Jew and Yeshiva University graduate, Greenblatt studied at a West Bank yeshiva in the mid-1980s and even did armed guard duty there.

The father of six from Teaneck, New Jersey, does not have any political experience. Greenblatt has said he speaks with people involved in the Israeli government but has not spoken to any Palestinians since his yeshiva studies. He has cited the American Israel Public Affairs Committee as one of his main sources for staying informed about the Jewish state, and helped draft Trump?s speech at the lobbying group?s annual conference in March.

David Friedman

Alongside Greenblatt, Trump named Friedman, 57, as an Israel adviser. Friedman, a bankruptcy expert and partner at the Kasowitz law firm in New York, is the president-elect?s longtime attorney. The son of a Conservative rabbi with a family history of ties to Republican presidential candidates ? his family hosted Ronald Reagan for a Shabbat lunch in 1984, the year he won re-election ? Friedman lives in Woodmere, New York, and owns a house in Jerusalem?s Talbiyeh neighborhood, according to Haaretz.

Jared Kushner

Kushner ? the 35-year-old scion of one of New York?s most prominent real estate families and, since 2009, the husband of Trump?s daughter Ivanka ? played a crucial role in the president-elect?s campaign, especially with regards to Israel. He worked on Trump?s speech to the AIPAC annual policy conference that earned Trump a standing ovation, and helped plan a trip to Israel for his father-in-law last year. (Trump canceled the trip after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu slammed his call to ban Muslim immigration to the United States.)

Boris Epshteyn

Epshteyn, 34, is a Republican political strategist and staunch defender of Trump who has appeared as the president-elect?s surrogate on major TV networks over 100 times, The New York Times reported.

A New York-based investment banker and finance attorney, Epshteyn worked as a communications aide for Sen. John McCain?s presidential campaign in 2008, focusing his efforts on the Arizona senator?s running mate, then-Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, whom Trump is reportedly considering for interior secretary, according to Politico.

Stephen Miller

Miller, 30, has played a crucial role in Trump?s campaign, helping to warm up crowds at rallies and drafting speeches, including the president-elect?s acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention.

Miller, who has described himself as ?a practicing Jew,? joined the Trump campaign in January, quickly rising through the ranks to become ?one of the most important people in the campaign,? as Trump?s campaign manager told The Wall Street Journal. Previously he worked for seven years as an aide to Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., helping the lawmaker draft materials to kill a bipartisan Senate immigration reform bill. Some of Sessions? arguments contain similarities to Trump?s harsh and often controversial statements on the issue, such as calling for building a wall on the Mexican border and banning Muslim immigration to the country.

Steven Mnuchin

Mnuchin, a former Goldman Sachs executive, worked as Trump?s national finance chairman during the campaign with the aim of raising more than $1 billion for the candidate.

Trump and Mnuchin have been friends for 15 years, and prior to being in charge of Trump?s campaign finances, Mnuchin served as an adviser. Part of what The New York Times describes as one of Manhattan?s elite ?most influential families,? Mnuchin and his father both got rich working at Goldman Sachs. The younger Mnuchin also co-founded the entertainment company RatPac-Dune Entertainment, which has worked on such Hollywood hits as ?Avatar? and ?Black Swan.?

Lewis Eisenberg

Eisenberg, the private equity chief for Granite Capital International Group, serves as finance chairman for the Republican National Committee. He was one of a small group of Republican Jewish Coalition board members who did not flee from Trump?s candidacy, and was a major contributor to groups backing Trump?s election ? only nine of 55 RJC board members gave to Trump. Alongside Mnuchin, he worked to raise funds for the candidate.

Michael Glassner

Glassner was not new to Republican presidential campaigns when Trump appointed him last year to serve as his national political director. He worked as director of vice presidential operations for McCain?s 2008 campaign and ran Geogre W. Bush?s campaign in Iowa in 2000. He has also worked with Palin and Sen. Bob Dole, a former presidential candidate.

http://www.jta.org/2016/11/14/news-opinion/politics/meet-the-jews-in-donald-trumps-inner-circle

Loco_local said:
What's the source of this hate?
Just about everything out of Trump's mouth since he announced his candidacy has been filled with hate and negativity. His campaign slogan should have been Make America Hate Again.

It could be Liberal activists behind the threats

People who believe Trump can do no wrong say it's Soros paying people to make the threats. Between this and the protests and paying people to write negative comments on the internet, he must be running out of money.

I wouldn't be surprised if some people on this forum are "community organizers" I mean instigators. Just need to keep things in perspective. LOL! Soros running out of money.

Soros has enough money to have 45,000 paid (not volunteers) workers at $15 per hour, for 1,000 HOURS PER DAY EVERY DAY since the election before he runs out of moola.

Of course he doesn't have that many workers (or maybe he does.......... who really knows?) and they sure don't have 1000 hours per day to work.

More realistically those 45000 workers could work 40 hour weeks for 19 YEARS before old George who is unlikely to be around when the next inauguration roles around, runs out of cash, assuming he made no more money which is unlikely.

If he "only" had 30000 paid workers, he'd have enough cash to pay those workers over 28 YEARS, FULL TIME.

LOL!!!!! Soros running out of money! ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Your comment about Soros running out of money is like the comment Hillary made regarding why wasn't she more ahead in the election. It made me think......... hmmmm indeed. Why? Well of course we know why now but when I decided to see how much Soros could buy before he runs dry, it's astounding......... money is meaningless to him. He can't take it with him.

time to read some fake news from enemy of the American people (and enemy of irvine) --- the New York times .  Beautifully stated by Paul Krugman below.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/27/opinion/the-uses-of-outrage.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&region=CColumn&module=MostEmailed&version=Full&src=me&WT.nav=MostEmailed

[size=14pt]The Uses of Outrage

FEB. 27, 2017

Are you angry about the white nationalist takeover of the U.S. government? If so, you are definitely not alone. The first few weeks of the Trump administration have been marked by huge protests, furious crowds at congressional town halls, customer boycotts of businesses seen as Trump allies. And Democrats, responding to their base, have taken a hard line against cooperation with the new regime.

But is all this wise? Inevitably, one hears some voices urging everyone to cool it ? to wait and see, to try to be constructive, to reach out to Trump supporters, to seek ground for compromise.

Just say no.

Outrage at what?s happening to America isn?t just justified, it?s essential. In fact, it may be our last chance of saving democracy.

Even in narrowly partisan terms, Democrats would be well advised to keep listening to their base. Anyone who claims that being seen as obstructionist will hurt them politically must have slept through the past couple of decades. Were Democrats rewarded for cooperating with George W. Bush? Were Republicans punished for their scorched-earth opposition to President Obama? Get real.

It?s true that white working-class voters, the core of Donald Trump?s support, don?t seem to care about the torrent of scandal: They won?t turn on him until they realize that his promises to bring back jobs and protect their health care were lies. But remember, he lost the popular vote, and would have lost the Electoral College if a significant number of college-educated voters hadn?t been misled by the media and the F.B.I. into believing that Hillary Clinton was somehow even less ethical than he was. Those voters are now having a rude awakening, and need to be kept awake.

Outrage may be especially significant for the 2018 midterm elections: the districts that will determine whether Democrats can take back the House next year have both relatively well-educated voters and large Hispanic populations, both groups likely to care about Trump malfeasance even if the white working class doesn?t (yet).

But there is a much bigger issue here than partisan politics, important as that is, given the evident determination of a Republican Congress to cover up whatever Mr. Trump does. For democracy itself is very much on the line, and an outraged populace may be our last defense.

Mr. Trump is clearly a would-be autocrat, and other Republicans are his willing enablers. Does anyone doubt it? And given this reality, it?s completely reasonable to worry that America will go the route of other nations, like Hungary, which remain democracies on paper but have become authoritarian states in practice.

How does this happen? A crucial part of the story is that the emerging autocracy uses the power of the state to intimidate and co-opt civil society ? institutions outside the government proper. The media are bullied and bribed into becoming de facto propaganda organs of the ruling clique. Businesses are pressured to reward the clique?s friends and punish its enemies. Independent public figures are pushed into collaboration or silence. Sound familiar?

But an outraged populace can and must push back, using the power of disapproval to counter the influence of a corrupted government.

This means supporting news organizations that do their job and shunning those that act as agents of the regime. It means patronizing businesses that defend our values and not those willing to go along with undermining them. It means letting public figures, however nonpolitical their professions, know that people care about the stands they take, or don?t. For these are not normal times, and many things that would be acceptable in a less fraught situation aren?t O.K. now.

For example, it is not O.K. for newspapers to publish he-said-she-said pieces that paper over administration lies, let alone beat-sweetening puff pieces about Trump allies. It?s not O.K. for businesses to supply Mr. Trump with photo ops claiming undeserved credit for job creation ? or for business leaders to serve on ?advisory? panels that are really just another kind of photo op.

It?s not even O.K. to go golfing with the president, saying that it?s about showing respect for the office, not the man. Sorry, but when the office is held by someone trying to undermine the Constitution, doing anything that normalizes him and lends him respectability is a political act.

I?m sure many readers would rather live in a nation in which more of life could be separated from politics. So would I! But civil society is under assault from political forces, so that defending it is, necessarily, political. And justified outrage must fuel that defense. When neither the president nor his allies in Congress show any sign of respecting basic American values, an aroused public that?s willing to take names is all we have.

I don't agree with much of Krugman's policy prescriptions, but I'll remain outraged. There's something new every day to foster the emotion. But just give me my massive retroactive tax cut already...

Perspective said:
morekaos said:
I agree, that whole antisemite stuff is a load of crap. His daughter is Jewish his son in law and grandchild is Jewish. Israel loves him..that charge reekes of BS!!

Conspicuously similar retort after making a racist comment, "But some of my best friends are black!"

Trump continues to torch the town, throwing gasoline everywhere. A defense unavailable to him is, "But I didn't intend to burn THAT house down."
https://youtu.be/FNt0anp7WK8

How many TiaTequila fans are on the audience?

I don't think Trump is an anti-semite. I just think he is naive and has lived his life in a bubble. I am more worried about the people he surrounds himself with.

Loco_local said:

I don't think Trump is an anti-semite. I just think he is naive and has lived his life in a bubble. I am more worried about the people he surrounds himself with.

Take a good look at that list I posted above...I don't think any of them are from the deep south.

I don't think racism and anti-Semitism are unique to the South.  In my opinion, one of the president's most distrubing advisors is a person of Jewish decent who went to Santa Monica High.

I find it troubling that the president hasn't spoken up against supporters like David Duke and Richard Spencer and has allowed the atmosphere of intolerance to grow.

I forgot abot Sebastian Gorka

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/17/us/politics/dr-sebastian-gorka.html

morekaos said:
Loco_local said:

Take a good look at that list I posted above...I don't think any of them are from the deep south.

How do you explain the embrace of Trump in the alt-right, White Nationalists, Richard Spencer, Stromfront, etc? They certainly feel that their anti-semitic views are being validated by the Trump presidency (and he isn't really interested in taking to Twitter to admonish any of this).

You may also want to inform yourself about anti-Semitic dog-whistles that are finding their way into Trumps language (Globalist Media, International Bankers, etc) as well as the obsession against the L?genpresse (aka "lying press"). All sorts of nods and winks to white nationalists.

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/irvine-jewish-community-center-among-wave-of-bomb-threats-to-us-jccs-7932904

peppy said:
How do you explain the embrace of Trump in the alt-right, White Nationalists, Richard Spencer, Stromfront, etc? They certainly feel that their anti-semitic views are being validated by the Trump presidency (and he isn't really interested in taking to Twitter to admonish any of this).

LGBT embrace Judy Garland but I don't think that makes Ms. Garland LGBT.  Seriously though, I enjoy Liberals trying so hard to paint Trump as anti-Semitic, just like a toddler melting down because he can't drive a round peg into a square hole.

peppy said:
morekaos said:
Loco_local said:

You may also want to inform yourself about anti-Semitic dog-whistles that are finding their way into Trumps language (Globalist Media, International Bankers, etc) as well as the obsession against the L?genpresse (aka "lying press"). All sorts of nods and winks to white nationalists.

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/irvine-jewish-community-center-among-wave-of-bomb-threats-to-us-jccs-7932904

And by that definition all the Black lives matters, Black Panther, ELF, and all the other wacko left extremist groups that loved Barack Obama mean he was a black supremacist militant leader...ridiculous!!! You can't control those that like you. Just because my racist friend likes me, doesn't make me a racist. Not everything is  dog wistle...sometimes its just that, some crackpots opinion. Don't automatically reflect everything on the President...Obama or Trump...that's so parabolic and borderline paranoid.

I think Obama's refusual to address the radical elements of the black lives matter movement is one of the biggest reasons why we ended up with Trump as president. That, to me, is one his biggest failures.

morekaos said:
peppy said:
morekaos said:
Loco_local said:

And by that definition all the Black lives matters, Black Panther, ELF, and all the other wacko left extremist groups that loved Barack Obama mean he was a black supremacist militant leader...ridiculous!!! You can't control those that like you. Just because my racist friend likes me, doesn't make me a racist. Not everything is  dog wistle...sometimes its just that, some crackpots opinion. Don't automatically reflect everything on the President...Obama or Trump...that's so parabolic and borderline paranoid.

You cannot control who likes you, but you can control why they like you. Trump's ethno-nationalism is certainly a big part of it.

You cannot control who likes you, but you can control why they like you. Trump's ethno-nationalism is certainly a big part of it.

Maybe they just like him because he's white...White supremacist groups have been known to do that you know?  I don't remember Barack discouraging the black vote when it was shown in polling numbers that many voted for him simply because he was black...I don't think he had any control over being black, do you?

morekaos said:

Maybe they just like him because he's white...White supremacist groups have been known to do that you know?  I don't remember Barack discouraging the black vote when it was shown in polling numbers that many voted for him simply because he was black...I don't think he had any control over being black, do you?

Give me a break ... White Nationalists flocked to Trump among a filed of white guys. What set him apart?

peppy said:
morekaos said:

Give me a break ... White Nationalists flocked to Trump among a filed of white guys. What set him apart?

That's my point. It's all accusation, conjecture and innuendo.  No substance.  The left wants to make connections that they so far have little or no real evidence of...grasping at straws before the big drop. 2018 elections will be the nail in the coffin.  If they lose a veto proof Senate they are doomed and they know it.  The only way out is keep the base pissed for 2 years...that will be tough if not impossible if Trump succeeds even a bit.  As I said the real terror for them is not if he fails its if he succeeds.

It's a false equivalency, again. Obama didn't spread hate for nearly every group like Trump has done on an unprecedented scale: elites, highly educated, academics, economists, media, Mexicans, Muslims, etc. So forgive liberals for questioning Trump's dog whistles and the company he keeps regarding Jewish folk.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...iser-links-dems-to-jewish-center-bomb-threats

Trump adviser links Dems to Jewish center bomb threats

A senior adviser to President Trump linked the latest wave of threats against Jewish community centers to Democrat in a Tuesday tweet.

Anthony Scaramucci tweeted it is "not yet clear" who is responsible for the threats, noting that some Democrats reportedly incited violence during Trump rallies.

"It's not yet clear who the #JCC offenders are. Don't forget @TheDemocrats effort to incite violence at Trump rallies," he tweeted while linking to an article from right-leaning Breitbart News about a Project Veritas investigation of "trained provocateurs" at Republican events

Back