President Trump

Just drive our boats over to greenland, and start building military bases on it....
Who's gonna stop us? Denmark?..LOL

Get political cover by saying...we're just improving the infrastructure...helping the good people of greenland with their roads n shit.

zubs said:
Just drive our boats over to greenland, and start building military bases on it....
Who's gonna stop us? Denmark?..LOL

Get political cover by saying...we're just improving the infrastructure...helping the good people of greenland with their roads n shit.
We already have military bases in Greenland. Those bases are what we used to keep supplies lines to Europe open during WWII and destroying the German U Boat fleet (see Battle of the Atlantic).

So all we need is for Margrethe II, Queen of Denmark, to sign a piece of paper transferring sovereignty.

If we put a tariff on Lego sets, I'm sure Queen Margrethe will be happy to sign.

Cares said:
This is a move that I would actually support if he could get it done...but it is a little absurd to think it is remotely possible. Not only do you have to get the American people to approve the purchase, you also have to get Denmark and Greenland to approve it.

America gun violence/drug problem/trade deal < purchasing Greenland

Makes perfect sense and forget about the other issues in America. Stack up the debt! Maybe there?s a way to declare Bankruptcy..(I know there?s not, but you never know. We are like drowning in debt.)

We need Greenland like we need Puerto Rico to become an official state. Too much money!!!

Or we do like an exchange. (Hypothetical: we will give you Puerto Rico and you give us Greenland. This is what to say: Puerto Rico is like a tropical paradise with beaches and just don?t mind the occasional storms. (Wink) You just have to fix the infrastructure, create jobs and so and so on. Denmark walks away lol)

Denmark's government spends about $170 billion USD annually, of which $600 million USD is provided to Greenland as subsidy.  It's a good chunk of money but fairly small %.  Donno why people think they're struggling to pay for it when they have a small budget surplus.

how long until all the wacky 2020 dem candidates who want to cancel all student debt condemn trump for canceling student debt?

Trump signs order to wipe out student loan debt for disabled veterans

President Trump canceled federal student loan debts Wednesday for tens of thousands of veterans who are 100% disabled, saying it?s the nation who owes them instead for their service.

At the 75th annual American Veterans convention in Louisville, Kentucky, the president signed an executive action directing the Education Department to eliminate ?every penny? of student loan debt for about 25,000 disabled veterans who owe an average of $30,000.

The president said the action is worthy of veterans ?who have made immense sacrifices, the ultimate sacrifice in many ways, for our nation.?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/aug/21/trump-signing-order-wipe-out-student-loan-debt-dis/

You just can't make this up...."Trump doesn't age like other Presidents because....he doesn't care?" How pitiful.

CNN Jumps The Shark With Bizarre 'Does Not Age' Attack On Trump

Chris Cuomo just speculated on the air that President Trump doesn?t age in office like the other presidents because he ?doesn?t care the way others have.?

Really?

It?s nice to see that Cuomo can take off his tin-foil hat long enough to substitute his amateur-psychologist and Geriatrician hats.

Cuomo then showed before and after photos of Presidents Clinton, Bush 43, and Obama and how they had ?aged? as compared to President Trump who ??looks exactly the same.?

After the comparison, Cuomo protested:  ?I mean, come on. Look at Clinton?s hair ? went white. George W. Bush looks like he got a beat down. Obama looks like his own grandfather?this is a very hard job because of the stress they carry with them.?

Cuomo seems honestly angry that Trump looks ?exactly the same.?

https://townhall.com/columnists/douglasmackinnon/2019/08/22/cnn-jumps-the-shark-with-bizarre-does-not-age-attack-on-trump-n2552048

morekaos said:
You just can't make this up...."Trump doesn't age like other Presidents because....he doesn't care?" How pitiful.

CNN Jumps The Shark With Bizarre 'Does Not Age' Attack On Trump

Chris Cuomo just speculated on the air that President Trump doesn?t age in office like the other presidents because he ?doesn?t care the way others have.?

Really?

It?s nice to see that Cuomo can take off his tin-foil hat long enough to substitute his amateur-psychologist and Geriatrician hats.

Cuomo then showed before and after photos of Presidents Clinton, Bush 43, and Obama and how they had ?aged? as compared to President Trump who ??looks exactly the same.?

After the comparison, Cuomo protested:  ?I mean, come on. Look at Clinton?s hair ? went white. George W. Bush looks like he got a beat down. Obama looks like his own grandfather?this is a very hard job because of the stress they carry with them.?

Cuomo seems honestly angry that Trump looks ?exactly the same.?

https://townhall.com/columnists/douglasmackinnon/2019/08/22/cnn-jumps-the-shark-with-bizarre-does-not-age-attack-on-trump-n2552048

fredo is just frustrated that his and the left's constant attacks over the past 3 years have done nothing to stop the trump train...in fact, he's growing stronger by the day!

"the wall is not being built!!"

Border Patrol unveils 60 'new' miles of Donald Trump's border wall in drone footage - and expects another 450 miles will be built by the end of 2020

U.S. Customs and Border Protection has unveiled a stretch of what it called new wall on the southern border, saying it has completed at least 60 miles of border wall in total.

The section of wall near San Luis, Arizona consists of an 18-foot steel bollard barrier.

CBP says that a new triple-layered enforcement zone is more effective at deterring illegal entry than the former single 10-foot barrier.

That means it is not in fact new wall but a replacement for the existing barrier. The agency has yet to say when it will build any entirely new border barrier. 

The agency says that it plans to build at least 450 miles of new border wall by the end of 2020, and has projects underway in California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas.

17675130-7392979-image-a-47_1566752700673.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7392979/Border-Patrol-unveils-60-new-miles-Donald-Trumps-border-wall-drone-footage.html

irvinehomeowner said:
Well... not a new wall. :)

oh, is it a new wall that you want?  trump has so much charisma that private companies are building a new wall for him  ;)

Privately Funded Border Wall Near Completion In New Mexico

Initial sections of fencing for a privately funded border wall were installed last weekend in Sunland Park, N.M., as the result of a crowdfunding effort that went live in December.

On Thursday, the leaders of the project showed off the nearly completed section of wall, running across rough terrain next to where the official border barrier ends. Project leaders said they have mapped out at least 10 other spots along the border where they could build more wall.

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/31/728332148/privately-funded-border-wall-near-completion-in-new-mexico

irvinehomeowner said:
I actually prefer "privately funded" walls... or anything else our taxes doesn't pay for. :)

Well, this is reason to celebrate then!!

CNN: Why some say Mexico already built Trump's wall -- and paid for it
Yes, US taxpayers have been footing the bill for efforts to build new physical barriers at the US-Mexico border.

But experts note that Mexico's massive deployment of National Guard troops over the past few months has played a major role in blocking migrants from reaching the US border in the first place. It's a point Trump himself has made at several recent events -- a dramatic change in tone from his sharp criticisms of Mexico earlier this year.

"I would like to thank President L?pez Obrador of Mexico for the great cooperation we are receiving, and for right now putting 27,000 troops on our southern border," Trump told the United Nations General Assembly last month. "Mexico is showing us great respect, and I respect them in return."

A few days later, Trump told reporters he was "using Mexico to protect our border" because Democrats weren't doing enough to fix the immigration system.

And last week, acting US Customs and Border Protection chief Mark Morgan praised Mexico on Twitter, sharing a news story about the October 12 operation to turn back the latest caravan.

"Mexico's enhanced border security efforts along their southern border continue to have a dramatic impact on this regional crisis," he wrote. "I just returned from Mexico where we had collaborative discussions on stemming the flow of illegal migration throughout the region."

Not everyone is praising the increased collaboration.

In a recent New York Times column -- headlined "Mexico is the wall" -- Univision anchor Jorge Ramos noted that Trump's comments that he was "using Mexico" had riled many Mexicans.

"It's true: President Trump is using Mexico. And, against all logic, Mexico is letting him get away with it," he wrote. "This has to change."
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/20/americas/mexico-border-wall-trump/index.html

Don?t Look Now, But Things Are Getting Brighter for Trump
The economy appears to be in a much better place than experts feared: good news for an incumbent president heading into an election year. In its analysis of the November jobs report, Bloomberg Economics lowered its projection of 2020 year-end unemployment to an astounding 3.3 percent and forecast ?U.S. Election Day Unemployment to Be Lowest Since ?52.? A rate that low will surely get a few mentions at Trump rallies.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...tting-brighter-for-trump?srnd=businessweek-v2

Do you still feel this way? That's not a "few percentage points".  That's 13% ago, not counting the beginning of the year run up.

fortune11 said:
Yes - this is why I sold my stocks (at least index funds ) at 2750 area and am happily sitting in fixed income and munis now  . I am ok missing a few percentage points upside here until I am convinced that the earnings recession is behind us .

But my original point stands ? after the corporate boondoggle and loot of these past couple decades you are about to see a shift in labor share of income RELATIVE to corporate profits .

It?s all for the cameras.
But you forgot to show how Trump didn?t shake her hand.
Such a double standard.

Do you stand and stay still for the nationals anthem or do you direct an orchestra like Trump?

;)

eyephone said:
It?s all for the cameras.
But you forgot to show how Trump didn?t shake her hand.
Such a double standard.

Do you stand and stay still for the nationals anthem or do you direct an orchestra like Trump?

;)

i wouldn't shake her hand either....snubbed!

iM7uXcM.gif

Back