Pedestrian Bridge over Jeffrey Open Space Trail??

someones stain ;)

yes.. they are an eyesore.  The bricks look great.. but they are only on the base.

Does anyone know when the pedestrian bridges are suppose to be complete- seems to be taking a long time to do the landscaping. Also do we need a tetanus shot before waking across one of these bridges? looks like a rusted old railroad bridge.

uci18 said:
Does anyone know when the pedestrian bridges are suppose to be complete- seems to be taking a long time to do the landscaping. Also do we need a tetanus shot before waking across one of these bridges? looks like a rusted old railroad bridge.

LOL. So, does that mean the bridge is still fugly like when I posted pics of it in April?

SoCal said:
uci18 said:

LOL. So, does that mean the bridge is still fugly like when I posted pics of it in April?

It's still exactly the same.  Irvine is turning ghetto allowing these bridges to go up.

test said:
SoCal said:
uci18 said:

It's still exactly the same.  Irvine is turning ghetto allowing these bridges to go up.

Oh, seriously? Wow. I thought I had read somewhere that they were going to dress it up with stonework or something like that. I guess I figured it was just taking a while to complete the entire project. Well, that's interesting that it IS done. "Tah-dah!!" :)

On my last visit to Da Luau... it's different from my first picture. It has the stone work and is a different color.

We all know not to trust test's vision.

irvinehomeowner said:
On my last visit to Da Luau... it's different from my first picture. It has the stone work and is a different color.

We all know not to trust test's vision.

Do u have a pic? Uci18 says it looks like a tetanus-inducing rusted out railroad bridge. Sounds charming!!!

This is the best solution for all Irvine traffic bridges:

2313.walterdalebetterb.jpg

IHO - you every try the longanisa plate at da luau for breakfast on the weekends? very good.

qwerty said:
IHO - you every try the longanisa plate at da luau for breakfast on the weekends? very good.
Pro Tip: You can get that plate ANY time.

They serve those and any of their egg breakfasts all day... including weeknights (had it on a Thursday night once).

I also get the spam and corn beef hash combo.

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
Pro Tip: You can get that plate ANY time.

They serve those and any of their egg breakfasts all day... including weeknights (had it on a Thursday night once).

I also get the spam and corn beef hash combo.

good to know. never go there during the week so i only see it on the weekends. i tried their capn crunch french toast but it was too soggy by the time i got home, still tasted good though.

Is there a picture(s) of how the bridges will look like once everything is finished and done?  It seems that no one knows and it's being kept a secret.......maybe it looks horrible.

irvinehomeowner said:
I think they look fine... and regardless, the function they provide is a big plus for that area.

Here is the one over Roosevelt (the others look similar):

w9bgn5.jpg

Photo of the bridge this week.  As you can see it (the bridge not the wall) still looks exactly the same.

2958zut.jpg

Not an engineer but I think that wall structure can be considered part of the bridge.

The overpass portion looks the same (but not *exactly* since there is safety fencing now on it). The finished portion I believe is supposed to have permanent fencing.

#sotestichal

Thanks for the pic, Test.

Shiver me timbers. It's an eyesore. They can - and should - have done better than that.

Anyone know if the JOST will ever continue in the same form beyond the 5 and to the 405 freeway? It's call the Jeffrey Trail but landscaping and width is much different, plus the IVC area isn't anything yet. Any info out there?

Back