Pedestrian Bridge over Jeffrey Open Space Trail??

The California Court Company said:
It was after a formal dinner party near downtown SF, and the streets were pretty busy at that evening. So it was a public area.

We were with a small group and walking back to the BART station. The guy jumped from behind and grabbed my then-GF's purse and ran away; I went after him and after a couple blocks before he stopped and attacked me, with many by-standers watching. In hindsight I should not have chased him, or we should just had taken a cab instead.

Regarding the attack, I had a sharp object pointed at my throat (fortunately I think it was just a plastic card), got punched in the face and spent thousands of $ in dental procedures afterward, and haven't bitten into an apple ever since. Every time I brush my teeth I get reminded of that incident.

Maybe I should see a shrink, but it still haunts me til this day thinking that I could've gotten myself killed.

You need to learn kung fu.

test said:
The California Court Company said:
It was after a formal dinner party near downtown SF, and the streets were pretty busy at that evening. So it was a public area.

We were with a small group and walking back to the BART station. The guy jumped from behind and grabbed my then-GF's purse and ran away; I went after him and after a couple blocks before he stopped and attacked me, with many by-standers watching. In hindsight I should not have chased him, or we should just had taken a cab instead.

Regarding the attack, I had a sharp object pointed at my throat (fortunately I think it was just a plastic card), got punched in the face and spent thousands of $ in dental procedures afterward, and haven't bitten into an apple ever since. Every time I brush my teeth I get reminded of that incident.

Maybe I should see a shrink, but it still haunts me til this day thinking that I could've gotten myself killed.

You need to learn kung fu.

#kungfufighting

AA said:
Does anyone know if the bridges are in its final form?  They really do look unfinished and ugly IMO. 

100% finished...to each their own...i thought they were ugly at first but now they feel part of the landscape

AA said:
Does anyone know if the bridges are in its final form?  They really do look unfinished and ugly IMO.

They can get rid of the ugliness by putting some potted plants on the steel bridge.  If you really want to see ugly look at the railroad bridge in 215 in Colton/Grand Terrace.  This ped bridge is a smaller version of that but can be placed on site without interrupting traffic.  We would have complained even more if they were to interrupt traffic to construct a nicer bridge on-site.

I thought they would have did some sort or decorated bridge...maybe fake rock like they did the walls building up to the bridge. 

While I agree I wasn't happy with the look of the bridge, I've grown to just accept them and it doesn't bother me anymore. 

I have to say, disliked them when they first went up but now I like the old time train bridge, it doesn't block as much of the view as the solid concrete bridges over Barranca in Woodbridge. 

rusty bridge

33m068h.jpg

aquabliss said:
It's called weathering steel bridge.  Looks like the same guys did the one in Baker Ranch:http://www.excelbridge.com/blog

Self-weathering is just a euphemism for rusty.  Kind of like a restaurant calling tilapia "French Sea Bass".

From the webpage:
"These multi-section pedestrian bridges were built for the Irvine Company in Irvine, California. All three pedestrian bridges shown are manufactured out of self-weathing (sic) steel ? which gives it a natural look ? providing longevity with very little maintenance."

I'm actually surprised these bridges were custom-made.  I thought for sure they were recycled old train bridges that the City got for a deep discount.  I'm sure the City thought they were being patritotic by buying American made but they probably could have bought them from China for 1/4 the price.

Back