Pedestrian Bridge over Jeffrey Open Space Trail??

The render looks pretty good. Once they paint the bridge and add the stone facade, it should look better.

I'm sure they will look much nicer when they're done.  They only just put them up last week, so they clearly have a long way to go before they're finished.

The traffic getting to Jeffrey Trail Middle School has been dangerous for pedestrians.  This is going to make things a lot safer for the kids who walk that way to school.  With the new Cypress Elementary school coming in the fall, it'll be great for those kids too.  Plenty of Woodbury kids will end up at Cypress Village Elementary.

gladiacmx said:
My girlfriend is an architect.  We drove by and she told me 'wow, TIC used the cheapest pre-fab!".  She said this was one of the cheapest bridge you could buy. 

Why am I not surprised with Irvine Co's choice?

This is Irvine, where everything is cheap....

Here is the actual bridge @ Jeffrey & Irvine Blvd.

Each side is a ramp.

20140402_083607.jpg

20140402_083731.jpg

irvinehomeshopper said:
Irvine needs a fresh suicide spot. Parking structure, self suffocation in car trunk and top floor of Marriott are getting really old.
As opposed to gang violence daily.

#Backatya

You know those Cambria condos right next to the bridge, IP charge a lot premium for those units with back against the Irvine Blvd.  Now they got a spectacular view of the bridge from their Second floor window. 

irvinehomeshopper said:
Irvine needs a fresh suicide spot. Parking structure, self suffocation in car trunk and top floor of Marriott are getting really old.

It was a wonderful, philanthropic act of the city to give the famous J.O.S.T. hobo and his friends a more thoughtful approach to safely crossing the street with their shopping carts, using ramps instead of stairs, avoiding the city's bad drivers. It is not easy climbing stairs in second-hand Louis Vuitton shoes that are three sizes too big nor two sizes too small. The message has spread that the city is increasingly #1 best rated among hobos. Three cheers for economic diversity: Hip, hip, hooray!

lnc said:
You know those Cambria condos right next to the bridge, IP charge a lot premium for those units with back against the Irvine Blvd.  Now they got a spectacular view of the bridge from their Second floor window. 

Does it take your breath away?

test said:
lnc said:

Does it take your breath away?

If the homeowner running around inside their house qwerty-style and forgot to close the window curtain, I think it will take the breath away from the joggers hobos on the bridge.

Pretty soon after the first brick or body that hit the car windshield beneath the bridge the convex chain link fence will quickly get put up to complete the stonegate ghetto look.

Just incase you want to impress your friends since living in Irvine supposedly set you all apart as the smart ones. This ghetto bridge is called a Vierendeel bridge.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Just incase you want to impress your friends since living in Irvine supposedly set you all apart as the smart ones. This ghetto bridge is called a Vierendeel bridge.

I thought the type of bridge you mentioned doesn't have triangles?

Back