Orchard Hills Neighborhood 3

Just saw some new pictures posted on the Ravello Grand Opening website... the houses have vaulted ceilings!

Bleh, ick.  If I wanted vaulted ceilings, I?d buy a Mission Viejo or Lake Forest home built in the early 90?s.  Vaulted ceilings, who does this.  High ceilings I?m a fan of, but keep them flat for gosh sakes...

Not a bad turnout at today's grand opening. Floor plans kind of choppy, smallish secondary bedrooms, and really doesn't scream luxury but then again it's Irvine Pacific so has a very familiar appearance. Sloping vaulted ceilings look OK but don't really maximize spacious feeling inside. Lot selection exceedingly important. Coffee stand with tiny gourmet cups and some chocolate bark candy. Comparing homesites 2 vs 37 and it looks like the view premium is only $200K :(

Attachments

• Ravello - Prices.jpg
    Ravello - Prices.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 717
  • Ravello - HOA.jpg
    Ravello - HOA.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 482
  • Ravello - Site.jpg
    Ravello - Site.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,073
I recall these had min lot sizes of 4,000sqf (50x80). Any idea if most are 4000sqf lot or there are many larger lots also?

irvinehomeowner said:
I prefer vaulted over low ceilings.

I?m trying to remember but I think at least 2 of my homes had vaulted ceilings.

Oops when I said vaulted I meant tall+slanted, but I guess vaulted by definition doesn?t include the slant.  The high ceilings are great, but keep them flat! 

Went yesterday afternoon as well.  Floorplans were decent, plan 2 Loft was smaller than it looked on paper.  Heard at least 2 people ask if there is any ?extra cost? to purchase a view lot...  ha, rookies.

i1 said:
I recall these had min lot sizes of 4,000sqf (50x80). Any idea if most are 4000sqf lot or there are many larger lots also?

There are many larger lots and many are over 6000 sf.  3 of the 5 homes just released (lot 1, 2 and 3) have lot size over 7,000 sf according to the city doc.

The biggest lot is the lot 83  with over 10,000 sf. (mark with red cross in the map below).

Attachments

• Ravello - Site.jpg
    Ravello - Site.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 602
Lots 1,2 and 3 are definitely nowhere close to 7000 Sqft. They are more aligned to 4000 sqft.  There?s not much of a city view but some nice orchard views though. 

Went to check out Ravello this weekend. Not a fan of the layouts at all agnostic of the price. If I had to pick one though I would say Plan 1 was my favorite.

aquabliss said:
@Inc, you know what the lot premium is on lots 1/2/3?

I did not know.

But I'm surprised how small the price differences between these premium lot and others.  The others home site's lot size (#37 & #38) are just a little over 4000 sf according to the city planning office's document.  If the home site 1,2,3's lot size are indeed over 7,000 sf, these are a really good buy. 

lnc said:
aquabliss said:
@Inc, you know what the lot premium is on lots 1/2/3?

I did not know.

But I'm surprised how small the price differences between these premium lot and others.  The others home site's lot size (#37 & #38) are just a little over 4000 sf according to the city planning office's document.  If the home site 1,2,3's lot size are indeed over 7,000 sf, these are a really good buy.

Not to mention 1,2, and 3 have views as well. I wouldn't go as far to say they are great buys though. Your bias is anchored by 37 and 38's prices. To me I think these homes are overpriced to start with.

aquabliss said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Oops when I said vaulted I meant tall+slanted, but I guess vaulted by definition doesn?t include the slant.  The high ceilings are great, but keep them flat! 

Went yesterday afternoon as well.  Floorplans were decent, plan 2 Loft was smaller than it looked on paper.  Heard at least 2 people ask if there is any ?extra cost? to purchase a view lot...  ha, rookies.

I did think you meant slanted... and yes, at least 2 of my homes had the slanted type vaulted ceilings which I did not mind.

Do you have a particular issue with sloped surfaces? As if they are closing in on you? :)

irvinehomeowner said:
aquabliss said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I did think you meant slanted... and yes, at least 2 of my homes had the slanted type vaulted ceilings which I did not mind.

Do you have a particular issue with sloped surfaces? As if they are closing in on you? :)

Actually yes, I have some on and off problems with vertigo and these don't help.  That aside, I just hate visually when things aren't symmetrical.  I can manage the vault with the slant when the 2 meet in the middle (something like this picture at the top:https://www.bobvila.com/articles/vaulted-ceilings/),but when one side is considerably higher than the other it drives me mad. 

aquabliss said:
irvinehomeowner said:
aquabliss said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Actually yes, I have some on and off problems with vertigo and these don't help.  That aside, I just hate visually when things aren't symmetrical.  I can manage the vault with the slant when the 2 meet in the middle (something like this picture at the top:https://www.bobvila.com/articles/vaulted-ceilings/),but when one side is considerably higher than the other it drives me mad.
Living or sleeping under the line where the two sloped surfaces of a valuted celiing meet is bad feng shui.

I visited Ravello over the weekend, plan 1 has a really awkward entrance.  Great room was too small (my current old school family room is bigger plus I have a living room).  One bedroom upstairs has a walk in closet.  Loft does not overlook below so claustrophobic feel to it,  might as well convert to a bedroom.  Not a fan of plan1.  Plan 2 has a much better entrance and the loft overlooks into the family room.  I?m no expert but that to me is a better loft experience when it open to below.  The vaulted ceiling has a big uneven slant though.  For those with OCD, not recommended :)  and the great room is noticeably darker than the two other floor plans.  Not sure if it?s due to the severe slanted roof.  The TV wall for plan 2 is facing the backyard and unless you cover up those beautiful sliding doors, glare would be an issue in day time.  Putting the TV on the other wall is probably a must but might look weird since the original spot has a wall cutout for entertainment center.  Master bed has his/her closets.  Not much counter space in bathroom.  No walk in closets I believe for the secondary bedrooms.  Plan 3 has a similar entrance feel with plan2, the vaulted entrance is nothing special, they just ?pushed? up the entrance ceiling a little.  I though it would be open to 2nd floor or something.  Lots of counter space in kitchen.  And the TV wall setup is better than plan 2.  Master bath has little counter space and a huge walk in closet.  Like plan 1, the upstairs loft is cut off from overlooking the family room below, so might as well make it a bedroom. 

DrTravel said:
Floor plans kind of choppy, smallish secondary bedrooms, and really doesn't scream luxury

There?s nothing more luxurious than Walmart handsoap in the sales office bathroom.

Back