Orchard Hills Neighborhood 3

Do people still smell asphalt odor from All American Asphalt in OH3?  It seems Ravello is very close to AAA, like less than 3,000 feet away from AAA.

Leaf said:
Do people still smell asphalt odor from All American Asphalt in OH3?  It seems Ravello is very close to AAA, like less than 3,000 feet away from AAA.

No.  The only reason the prior poster smelled asphalt was because of the newly paved roads.  Completely independent of AAA factory.

As far as I know, some (at least a couple of residents) were complaining all the time. Someone said the odor was so unbearable  she had to sell her house and moved to somewhere else. Initially IP said the odor was due to the new pavement, and I don't know what is their new excuse.
Leaf said:

Do people still smell asphalt odor from All American Asphalt in OH3?  is All American Asphalt  still there? do they produce any Asphalt daily?  any resident complains?

Looks like KB homes bought the land thats higher than the Varenna tract in the Groves at Orchard hills. It's right below the Meadows park.

I wonder what it's going to be !

gld2 said:
Do people still smell asphalt odor from All American Asphalt in OH3?  is All American Asphalt  still there? do they produce any Asphalt daily?  any resident complains?

Leaf said:

See my response above.  This notion that people smell anything from All American Asphalt's facility is just false.  The only reason someone prior posted about an asphalt smell was because of the newly paved roads towards Ravello.  Now that those roads are paved and capped, there are no more smells. 

As a matter of fact, All American Asphalt runs their production just about 24/7, so if you don't smell AAA's factory production every hour or every day, the notion that you even smell it at all is just false.  I for one, am actually surprised how quickly false internet rumors are spread on this forum.

Are you a resident there?  or do you work as an agent or for a builder?

brianlin87 said:
gld2 said:

Leaf said:

See my response above.  This notion that people smell anything from All American Asphalt's facility is just false.  The only reason someone prior posted about an asphalt smell was because of the newly paved roads towards Ravello.  Now that those roads are paved and capped, there are no more smells. 

As a matter of fact, All American Asphalt runs their production just about 24/7, so if you don't smell AAA's factory production every hour or every day, the notion that you even smell it at all is just false.  I for one, am actually surprised how quickly false internet rumors are spread on this forum.

I am a resident.   

gld2 said:
Are you a resident there?  or do you work as an agent or for a builder?

brianlin87 said:
gld2 said:

Leaf said:

I'm the original poster who brought up the asphalt issue on TI.
There is a WeChat group of OH3 residents, most people in that group already moved in and some of them were complaining. I'm not living there yet but I signed a purchase contract, so each time when someone reported odor issue, I drove there to check in person. The last time I checked was 11/27/18. Maybe you live in a spot that is odor-free, but I can assure you the odor issue is real. TIC should take actions instead of covering it up.
No pattern has been found but it was usually reported during the night time and in the morning.

Are you from China? All (and only) my Chinese friends use Wechat. Literally, all of them use Wechat! And they are constantly on it for communication with each other.

OH3Buyer said:
There is a WeChat group of OH3 residents, most people in that group already moved in and some of them were complaining. I'm not living there yet but I signed a purchase contract, so each time when someone reported odor issue, I drove there to check in person. The last time I checked was 11/27/18. Maybe you live in a spot that is odor-free, but I can assure you the odor issue is real. TIC should take actions instead of covering it up.
No pattern has been found but it was usually reported during the night time and in the morning.

This sounds like the Portola Springs - Landfill debate.

Some people smell it. Some don't. Some say it's not that bad. Some say they only smell it at certain times of the day. Some smell it only during trash day pickup. Some smell it at certain locations, e.g. higher or lower elevations, further north or west. Some say it's due to the water retention basin. Some say it's due to the foliage choices.

Maserson said:
This sounds like the Portola Springs - Landfill debate.

Some people smell it. Some don't. Some say it's not that bad. Some say they only smell it at certain times of the day. Some smell it only during trash day pickup. Some smell it at certain locations, e.g. higher or lower elevations, further north or west. Some say it's due to the water retention basin. Some say it's due to the foliage choices.
half of which was instigated by YF, what happened to that guy...

OH3Buyer said:

Typical of most chatrooms, particularly larger WeChat ones, people are drumming for attention, gatherings and digital clout.  I would take those complaints with a grain of salt and fact check first.  The "source" of this complaint is likely the problem here.  I am not a part of the aforementioned chatroom; however, if those complaints were truly an issue (which is likely not the case), the appropriate forum for that type of discussion is the HOA Board meetings and not a group chatroom. 

RE: The latest complained about "scent" in November, I would suggest you mention to the source of these complaints to read the monthly HOA letters they receive.  Based on the HOA Newsletters distributed monthly, the property management group sent out a letter with a section specifically stipulating they would be capping the asphalt sidewalks and streets in the evenings of late November in preparation for the Ravello Grand opening that occurred the first weekend of December.

DrTravel said:
Here are the latest price sheets and site availability for Verdi and Lago.

Lago has sold 28 out of 36 home sites. Prices have increased $75K for Plan 1 and $125K for Plan 2 since the grand opening. Just so-so sales thus far. Isn't this the plan they are building at Barcelona at Olivos Village?

Verdi has sold 15 out of 28 home sites. 9 out of the available 13 are Plan 1 - obviously not desired by the buying public. Prices have increased $55K for Plan 1 and $65K for Plan 2 since the grand opening. Weak showing overall.

Let's see how things have change for Verdi and Lago since June, 12, 2018 - that's seven months.

Lago has now sold 38 out of 52 home sites. They have released 16 home sites but only sold 10 - 4 homes that were listed on the June 2018 price sheet are still there. Prices haven't changed except the add-ons for pre-plotted designer stuff.

Verdi has now sold 32 out of 46 home sites. They have released 18 home site and sold 17 - 2 homes that were listed on the June 2018 price sheet are still there. Stagnate pricing.

Attachments

• Lago Prices.jpg
    Lago Prices.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 607
  • Lago Site.jpg
    Lago Site.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 477
  • Verdi Prices 1.jpg
    Verdi Prices 1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 396
  • Verdi Prices 2.jpg
    Verdi Prices 2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 412
DrTravel said:
Here are the latest price sheets and site availability for Como and Terra.

Como has sold 30 out of 35 home sites. At the end of January they had sold 17 out of 22 so in 4 1/2 months they have sold 13 units. Prices have increased $60K for Plan 1 and $80K for Plan 2 since late January.

Terra has sold 32 out of 45 home sites. Exterior lots selling very well (they all have views of something) but interior lot sales sucking big time. Makes sense to me! Exterior lot premium seems to be $225K for Plan 1 (Lots 16 vs 47) and $150K for Plan 2 (Lots 15 vs 48) and #250K for Plan 3 (Lots 14 vs 55). Lot 14 sold for $1.972 mil. Next phase these should break $2 mil. Prices have increased about $130K since grand opening (about $85K since the end of February, 2018).

Let's see how things have change for Como and Terra since June 12, 2018 - still seven months ago.

Como has sold 49 out of 65 home sites. Since June they have released 30 home sites and sold 19 but 14 of these were view lots and only 5 were non-view lots including 4 that were listed in June and are still available. Again views rule! They are releasing another extension of Como later expect views to sell, the others lots no so much. Good thing BTB bought a view lot - he certainly spent a lot of energy pumping them!

Terra has sold 52 out of 60 home sites. Since June they have released 15 home sites and sold 18 - 10 of them view lots. 2 homes listed in June are still available. Again prices are stagnate.

Attachments

• Como Prices 1.jpg
    Como Prices 1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 424
  • Como Prices 2.jpg
    Como Prices 2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 413
  • Terra Prices.jpg
    Terra Prices.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 530
  • Terra Site.jpg
    Terra Site.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 453
DrTravel said:
Here are the latest price sheets and site availability for Como and Vivo.

Vivo has sold 15 out of 25 lots - not really selling as well as previous iterations of this project.
Como has sold 16 out of 22 lots - looks like their view premium is about $175K!

Let's check in with Vivo activity over the past year.

They have sold 59 out of 75 lots. In the past year they released 50 home sites and sold 44. Considering how much standing inventory they have, got to believe most of this activity tool place during the first six months on 2018.

Resident 3 prices have increased $120K during the past year. Note that home sites 123, 124 and 129 are all view lots so it looks like IP has a view premium of $170K.

Attachments

• Vivo Prices 1.jpg
    Vivo Prices 1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 392
  • Vivo Prices 2.jpg
    Vivo Prices 2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 339
  • Vivo Prices 3.jpg
    Vivo Prices 3.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 366
  • Vivo Site.jpg
    Vivo Site.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 455
Leaf said:
DrTravel, how's Ravello selling?

Probably not that well.  Ravello along with Terra and Como released smaller floor plans at lower price points this week.  I think overall values are fairly attractive now.

On Terra, they released a Residence 4 and 5, which are smaller versions of the plan 1 and 2.

Residence 4: 1.28-1.29 million (2488-2511 sqft)
Residence 5: 1.36-1.415 million (2643 sqft)

They are interior lots, but some are corner with larger yards.

Same thing on Ravello, but that downsize unfortunately cut out the loft.

Residence 4: 1.45 million (2805-2829 sqft)
Residence 5: 1.504 million (2929 sqft)

I think Terra is a reasonable mix of price, location, SFR product, etc., even within the OH Reserve communities.

SunnyG said:
On Terra, they released a Residence 4 and 5, which are smaller versions of the plan 1 and 2.

Residence 4: 1.28-1.29 million (2488-2511 sqft)
Residence 5: 1.36-1.415 million (2643 sqft)

They are interior lots, but some are corner with larger yards.

Same thing on Ravello, but that downsize unfortunately cut out the loft.

Residence 4: 1.45 million (2805-2829 sqft)
Residence 5: 1.504 million (2929 sqft)

I think Terra is a reasonable mix of price, location, SFR product, etc., even within the OH Reserve communities.

Would you guys happen to know if the new floorplans are modeled? I'm assuming no.

Back