Orchard Hills Neighborhood 3

Goriot said:
callmehere said:
which 16 hours of the day?  People just sneak through after the gate goes up for the car in front during the night time, hope it's not unmanned during the night...

Guard during Night to Early Morning.  They will have no guard during the Model Home hours which is typically from 9:00 a.m./10:00 a.m. to 5:00/6:00 p.m.

Goriot said:
Goriot said:
callmehere said:
which 16 hours of the day?  People just sneak through after the gate goes up for the car in front during the night time, hope it's not unmanned during the night...

Guard during Night to Early Morning.  They will have no guard during the Model Home hours which is typically from 9:00 a.m./10:00 a.m. to 5:00/6:00 p.m.

Correction - I got it flip flopped.  LoL.  Official guard hours are 5:00 a.m. PST to 10:00 p.m. PST

Oh that's a good idea.  Leave it unguarded at night because no bad things usually happen in the evening past 10pm.

Just announce it to everyone.  Come after hours since no one will be here....

Goriot said:
Goriot said:
callmehere said:

Correction - I got it flip flopped.  LoL.  Official guard hours are 5:00 a.m. PST to 10:00 p.m. PST

lovingit said:
Just announce it to everyone.  Come after hours since no one will be here....

Goriot said:
Goriot said:
callmehere said:

I never thought about that.  I am assuming TalkIrvine bloggers are all good people.  I think I am going to delete incase their is a lone wolf lurking.

aquabliss said:
Goriot said:
Goriot said:
callmehere said:

Oh that's a good idea.  Leave it unguarded at night because no bad things usually happen in the evening past 10pm.

Seriously.  Talk about being cheap and pinching pennies.  Pay the extra $20/hour x 2! = HOA increase of $5 per month.

LongIrvine said:
Plus social security. Medicare. Disability insurance etc

I did:) ok $25/hr.  $17 + 30% to 35%.  Usually 25% on avg.  anyways I am willing to pay that extra $5.

Even with guards, gates and guns I would still prefer deterrent rather than having to deal with assailants face to face and make that decisions to pull the trigger or not.

Having deterrents means, post signage in front of your house that it is actively being monitor, EVEN if you don?t have such a service. A couple of front camera at each side of your house would seriously keep them away. If they intend to do a break and entering, these tools would deter them and highly likely they will skip your house and look for an easier safer target.

The ideas is to deter them away. Having a gate with guards and do nothing else on your own property in my opinion is a false sense of security. Many many times I caught securities not doing their jobs, and I would easily passed them if I needed to.

I am more sick of broken gates every other day, cars tail gating through, and giving instructions to guests/vendors to find me in keypad and dial etc to give them access.

I agree that they won?t stop planned violence but having a guard will give extra set of eyes for security, reduce traffic and limit random strangers strolling around.  Also, they can give immediate attention to broken gate, backed up guests who can?t figure out the key pad for access, etc.  Irvine Is pretty safe enough already. 

DrTravel said:
DrTravel said:
Here are the latest price sheets and site availability for Como and Terra.

Como has sold 30 out of 35 home sites. At the end of January they had sold 17 out of 22 so in 4 1/2 months they have sold 13 units. Prices have increased $60K for Plan 1 and $80K for Plan 2 since late January.

Terra has sold 32 out of 45 home sites. Exterior lots selling very well (they all have views of something) but interior lot sales sucking big time. Makes sense to me! Exterior lot premium seems to be $225K for Plan 1 (Lots 16 vs 47) and $150K for Plan 2 (Lots 15 vs 48) and #250K for Plan 3 (Lots 14 vs 55). Lot 14 sold for $1.972 mil. Next phase these should break $2 mil. Prices have increased about $130K since grand opening (about $85K since the end of February, 2018).

Let's see how things have change for Como and Terra since June 12, 2018 - still seven months ago.

Como has sold 49 out of 65 home sites. Since June they have released 30 home sites and sold 19 but 14 of these were view lots and only 5 were non-view lots including 4 that were listed in June and are still available. Again views rule! They are releasing another extension of Como later expect views to sell, the others lots no so much. Good thing BTB bought a view lot - he certainly spent a lot of energy pumping them!

Terra has sold 52 out of 60 home sites. Since June they have released 15 home sites and sold 18 - 10 of them view lots. 2 homes listed in June are still available. Again prices are stagnate.

Any update on Como sales?  Looks like they are now building on the line with the View Lots near the Dam and Ravello.  What are some of the pricing for these view lots?

Are the Ravello floorplans extraordinary?  Rep told me later phase will start at $3M for 5k view lots.  Aren't these homes around 3400 sq ft?  Why so much for tiny view lots?

irvineboy said:
Are the Ravello floorplans extraordinary?  Rep told me later phase will start at $3M for 5k view lots.  Aren't these homes around 3400 sq ft?  Why so much for tiny view lots?

$3 million starting base price??  Seems to be in the WTF thread.  Maybe it's for the Ravello Model homes or sales rep. mis-poke as being starting at $2mm.  Currently, they start at high $1mms.  View premium can't be that much. 

Goriot said:
irvineboy said:

$3 million starting base price??  Seems to be in the WTF thread.  Maybe it's for the Ravello Model homes or sales rep. mis-poke as being starting at $2mm.  Currently, they start at high $1mms.  View premium can't be that much.

Not model homes.  Rep says it?s because it?s the view premium.  Hard to believe that they increased by $1m since the first releases.

lula said:
It's because of the 80 pre-qualified buyers waiting for those 10 lots

The Vistas did not even cost $3m with a view in the earlier phases.  Unless you're saying IUSD drives up the price that much?

Back