Orchard Hills Neighborhood 3

I was at Terra yesterday and they mentioned that they are building models of residence 4 and 5 now, probably several  months out. Not sure on Ravello. There are floorplans online which will give an idea of things for now.

SunnyG said:
I was at Terra yesterday and they mentioned that they are building models of residence 4 and 5 now, probably several  months out. Not sure on Ravello. There are floorplans online which will give an idea of things for now.

I was at Terra and Ravelo and both have introduced smaller Plan 4 & 5s which are smaller versions of the same floor plans.  Obviously Irvine Pacific did this because sales of $1.5m+ homes is slow.

SunnyG said:

Both Terra and Ravello are a complete joke.  Neighborhood 3 is terrible. A gated mix of detached condo's and $1.5mm to $2MM single family homes with the smallest lots you've ever seen.  Nothing like a 3400 sq ft home with 10 feet from your back door to the wall.  I am sure all the people that bought in the first phases of Terra and Ravello are going to love the smaller less expensive homes going in now.

sealionbeast said:
SunnyG said:

Both Terra and Ravello are a complete joke.  Neighborhood 3 is terrible. A gated mix of detached condo's and $1.5mm to $2MM single family homes with the smallest lots you've ever seen.  Nothing like a 3400 sq ft home with 10 feet from your back door to the wall.  I am sure all the people that bought in the first phases of Terra and Ravello are going to love the smaller less expensive homes going in now.

I feel like this is also the case in some parts of Altair.

USCTrojanCPA said:
SunnyG said:

I was at Terra and Ravelo and both have introduced smaller Plan 4 & 5s which are smaller versions of the same floor plans.  Obviously Irvine Pacific did this because sales of $1.5m+ homes is slow.

Are they on similar lot sizes?  I almost bought Juniper and bailed, looks like the new Terra floorplan is a clone of the bigger Junipers, and only a bit more expensive.  Out of my budget right now, but the neighborhood is so much nicer!

DrTravel said:
DrTravel said:
Here are the latest price sheets and site availability for Como and Terra.

Como has sold 30 out of 35 home sites. At the end of January they had sold 17 out of 22 so in 4 1/2 months they have sold 13 units. Prices have increased $60K for Plan 1 and $80K for Plan 2 since late January.

Terra has sold 32 out of 45 home sites. Exterior lots selling very well (they all have views of something) but interior lot sales sucking big time. Makes sense to me! Exterior lot premium seems to be $225K for Plan 1 (Lots 16 vs 47) and $150K for Plan 2 (Lots 15 vs 48) and #250K for Plan 3 (Lots 14 vs 55). Lot 14 sold for $1.972 mil. Next phase these should break $2 mil. Prices have increased about $130K since grand opening (about $85K since the end of February, 2018).

Let's see how things have change for Como and Terra since June 12, 2018 - still seven months ago.

Como has sold 49 out of 65 home sites. Since June they have released 30 home sites and sold 19 but 14 of these were view lots and only 5 were non-view lots including 4 that were listed in June and are still available. Again views rule! They are releasing another extension of Como later expect views to sell, the others lots no so much. Good thing BTB bought a view lot - he certainly spent a lot of energy pumping them!

Terra has sold 52 out of 60 home sites. Since June they have released 15 home sites and sold 18 - 10 of them view lots. 2 homes listed in June are still available. Again prices are stagnate.

How's Como extension in Village III doing right now? Is it a good time to buy? Last time I checked (1st week Aug), they just opened up a new phase in the extended part towards Ravello.

best_potsticker_in_town said:
Is it just me or are Lago and Verdi very similar? Both are detached condos with a main floor bedroom.

They are indeed very similar; however, Verdi Plan 1 has a first floor master bedroom, whereas I believe Lago does not offer that. 

Noticeably when we toured those models, the Verdi models have a 10' ceiling on the first floor whereas the Lago models only have a 9' ceiling (I just received an email from IP that Lago is introducing a Plan 1M/2M that now offers 10' ceilings). 

After 6 years, Security/gate guard will be staffed at both entrances at the Grove 16 hours a day for the full week starting December 1.  HOA is going up $10 / month which is not bad.

which 16 hours of the day?  People just sneak through after the gate goes up for the car in front during the night time, hope it's not unmanned during the night...

callmehere said:
which 16 hours of the day?  People just sneak through after the gate goes up for the car in front during the night time, hope it's not unmanned during the night...

Guard during Night to Early Morning.  They will have no guard during the Model Home hours which is typically from 9:00 a.m./10:00 a.m. to 5:00/6:00 p.m.

Best guard gate security I?ve seen is Laguna Altura... those guys are pretty on it, you can?t follow a car in (the residents only gate goes down fast and forceful), and the guard monitors the residents only side and calls the cops or roaming security inside if someone busts through.

Also rarely any crime in Laguna Altura when I look at the maps.

Was the actual hours announced?

Goriot said:
callmehere said:

Guard during Night to Early Morning.  They will have no guard during the Model Home hours which is typically from 9:00 a.m./10:00 a.m. to 5:00/6:00 p.m.

Compressed-Village said:
misme said:
Does the Reserve have a guard at the gate yet?

NOPE

It'll be over a year easily before the Reserve will have a guard at the gate.  The CC&R's state that the guard won't be posted until a certain threshold of sales has been met (iirc north of 80%), so the Reserve has quite a long ways to go considering the second amenity hasn't even broken ground yet and there's tons more work to do for the extension tracts for Como/Terra, not counting the increased density to the existing plans. 

Mety said:
Do you guys like having guards though? It's kind of painful when you have guests over, no?

For me personally, I definitely prefer a guard.  I hate telling guests the instructions to find my name, call me, and allow each guests access via phone or dial in before to give them access.  I just give out the Access codes to every guests because it's such a hastle to explain and they don't follow instructions.

Also having a presence of guard gives peace of mind that most of the cars will be monitored in and out.  Also, gives extra security.  There has been so many mail package thefts in Irvine.  Just having the guard with every car being monitored will lower the probability and can be deterrent to these thefts, etc.

NWP is guard gated.  Wouldn?t you think the guy who was killed had guards who wrote down the license plates, unless they came in undetected.

Goriot said:
Mety said:
Do you guys like having guards though? It's kind of painful when you have guests over, no?

For me personally, I definitely prefer a guard.  I hate telling guests the instructions to find my name, call me, and allow each guests access via phone or dial in before to give them access.  I just give out the Access codes to every guests because it's such a hastle to explain and they don't follow instructions.

Also having a presence of guard gives peace of mind that most of the cars will be monitored in and out.  Also, gives extra security.  There has been so many mail package thefts in Irvine.  Just having the guard with every car being monitored will lower the probability and can be deterrent to these thefts, etc.

lovingit said:
NWP is guard gated.  Wouldn?t you think the guy who was killed had guards who wrote down the license plates, unless they came in undetected.

Goriot said:
Mety said:

This crime was specifically pre-planned hit related to personal shady dealings.  No way to prevent this one unless you have two to three 24 hour armed personal bodyguards.  If I was them, I wouldn't come through the front, get on the list, show ID, call the owner for approval and enter that way.  The question was do you prefer to have a guard or no guard in the entrance.  I rather have one then not for sure.

Back