Orchard Hills Neighborhood 3

lnc said:
Dude, you climb into that big dirt mount?  That's awesome man, thank for the pics.

Wow, you can see the orange GP balloon from here, nice.  I'm calling dibs on those view lots. :)

My friend didn't tell me how he got up there...  but if I wrote a book called "If I did it" where I detailed how I theoretically would have done it (but definitely didn't do it), I would say I followed the Wolf Trail entrance because there's no fence there and it's graded nicely.  But no one would publish a book like that ;)

someguy said:
I'm under the impression they're going to be preparing the land until early 2017.  It's about 80 days build the models with landscaping, maybe less if all goes as expected.  Can't really start the models until the streets and utilities are in.  So I would guess mid spring 2017 if they stay on an aggressive schedule.  They seem to be going 6 to 7 days per week up there lately.

We are officially entered hyper-building phase.

Why are we in the hyper-building phase, if so many people think the housing market is slowing down?

acf said:
Why are we in the hyper-building phase, if so many people think the housing market is slowing down?

Base on all these construction activities, TIC and other builders with their teams of economic consultants and housing market analysts must have concluded a pretty optimistic view of future Irvine housing market. 

And in the other hand we have some random anonymous internet posters predicting a significant housing downturn with price drop of more than 20% and even a possibility of another housing bubble.

One side is going to be very wrong here and probably it's not TIC.

The hyper-building phase does not meanf lower prices. Contrary, it indicating there is a huge future demand that needed to be satisfy. Even as grading and permit pull it still takes 8 months to a year to bring a product to life. Low rate is here for along time and that's good news for builders. Assume one can qualify is another piece of the puzzles.

Here's updated info regrading to where each track are located. 

Some of the floor plans look very familiar.  That track 18009's floor plan looks like Petaluma's, track 18010 looks like Piedmont's, and that 18013 looks like Belevedere's.  TIC is making Eastwood II here. :)

Tract 18009: 149 Detached Condo
1811-2164 sf.  6 units deep motorcourt.

Tract 18010:  85 SFR, 2374-2644 sf.

Tract 18011:  95 Detached Condo, 2182-2460 sf. two to four units around a motorcourt. 

Tract 18012:  123 Detached Condo, 2196-2355 sf.

Tract 18013:  75 SFR, 2653-3290 sf.

Tract 18014:    60 SFR, 2653-3290 s.f. same as track 18013.

Track 18015: No info

Tract 18016:  96 SFR, no info yet.

Track 18017: no info

Track 18018: no info

Tract 18019:    51 SFR, no info yet.

index.php

lnc said:

Some of the floor plans look very familiar.  That track 18009's floor plan looks like Petaluma's, track 18010 looks like Piedmont's, and that 18013 looks like Belevedere's.  TIC is making Eastwood II here. :)

Tract 18011:  95 Detached Condo, 2182-2460 sf. two to four units around a motorcourt. 

index.php

a few months ago we was thinking that the majority of these would be big SFRs around 3500-4000 sq ft and we were going to wait, but looks like plans are going to be much smaller than at the groves.

dethman said:
lnc said:

a few months ago we was thinking that the majority of these would be big SFRs around 3500-4000 sq ft and we were going to wait, but looks like plans are going to be much smaller than at the groves.

Are you looking for an ALL large SFR community? The 18016-18019 tract information hasn't been released and I suspect those higher elevation/larger lots will be reserved for 3,000+sqft homes (especially tract 18016). Even if you wait for OH Neighborhood 4, the lower elevation areas will likely have sub-3000 sqft homes and the bigger homes will be on the hill with views.

iacrenter said:
dethman said:
lnc said:

Are you looking for an ALL large SFR community? The 18016-18019 tract information hasn't been released and I suspect those higher elevation/larger lots will be reserved for 3,000+sqft homes (especially tract 18016). Even if you wait for OH Neighborhood 4, the lower elevation areas will likely have sub-3000 sqft homes and the bigger homes will be on the hill with views.

i guess i'll just sound like an elitist bastard, but my wife and i didn't like living in a neighborhood mixed with medium and high density residential.  too many cars through the gates, parked on the streets, and so many renters. 

we just sold our SFR in a mixed density gated neighborhood that had small attached condos 1800sqft up to 4400sq ft SFRs and didnt' like it much.  we originally thought OH3 might be the 'crown jewel' of orchard hills with only 3500+ sq ft SFRs, gates, and IUSD.  i think someone called me an elitist on this board for that. 

anyway finding out that OH3 was going to be a ton of condos a few months ago, we ended up making a reservation in OH1 and guess we'll just stick with that.  so far, it is all medium to large SFR.

dethman said:
iacrenter said:
dethman said:
lnc said:

i guess i'll just sound like an elitist bastard, but my wife and i didn't like living in a neighborhood mixed with medium and high density residential.  too many cars through the gates, parked on the streets, and so many renters. 

we just sold our SFR in a mixed density gated neighborhood that had small attached condos 1800sqft up to 4400sq ft SFRs and didnt' like it much.  we originally thought OH3 might be the 'crown jewel' of orchard hills with only 3500+ sq ft SFRs, gates, and IUSD.  i think someone called me an elitist on this board for that. 

anyway finding out that OH3 was going to be a ton of condos a few months ago, we ended up making a reservation in OH1 and guess we'll just stick with that.  so far, it is all medium to large SFR.

Nothing wrong with that. It's your money and you should buy what you want.

The neighborhood 3 larger homes look quite separate from the higher density product on the lower elevation. I don't think you would get anyone from those areas parking near you.

I'm sure you looked at HC but that is different location and maybe price point.

The Groves/OH1 is a great area. The future toll brother homes look interesting.

dethman said:
we originally thought OH3 might be the 'crown jewel' of orchard hills with only 3500+ sq ft SFRs, gates, and IUSD.  i think someone called me an elitist on this board for that. 

Not elitist, just a snob.  And it's not your criteria per se, but the way you said it:

dethman said:
we would move for 4000+sq ft + guard gates + IUSD. 

we are considering vicenza, messina, and saviero at this time but i'm not really excited about being either next to the toll road, living next to courtyard homes, or being looked down on by trevi and capella.

WTTCHMN said:
dethman said:
we originally thought OH3 might be the 'crown jewel' of orchard hills with only 3500+ sq ft SFRs, gates, and IUSD.  i think someone called me an elitist on this board for that. 

Not elitist, just a snob.  And it's not your criteria per se, but the way you said it:

dethman said:

we are considering vicenza, messina, and saviero at this time but i'm not really excited about being either next to the toll road, living next to courtyard homes, or being looked down on by trevi and capella.

haha not sure which is worse elitist or snob.  but when you drop the kind of money on a home these builders are asking, those are all valid concerns. 

we made some compromises in OH1 but after seeing that HC and the vistas will be 2.5M+, and that OH3 isn't really that appealing, i think we made the right choice for now.

dethman said:

dethman said:
haha not sure which is worse elitist or snob.  but when you drop the kind of money on a home these builders are asking, those are all valid concerns. 

we made some compromises in OH1 but after seeing that HC and the vistas will be 2.5M+, and that OH3 isn't really that appealing, i think we made the right choice for now.

What's funny is that you are concerned about living next to $2 million "courtyard homes" at La Vita.

WTTCHMN said:
dethman said:

dethman said:

What's funny is that you are concerned about living next to $2 million "courtyard homes" at La Vita.

You can't trust people who live in courtyard homes 😉

WTTCHMN said:
dethman said:

dethman said:

if you've ever driven by la vita/messina at night you'll notice how clustered sunset cove is with  the parking from the courtyards spilling out onto the street.  it's not a pretty sight especially if you live in messina and have to drive through sunset cove.  just because they are $2M doesn't mean there aren't concerns living next to them.

strange you can remember a post of mine all the way back from june and seem to hold some sort of grudge though.  who are you again?

dethman said:
WTTCHMN said:

if you've ever driven by la vita/messina at night you'll notice how clustered sunset cove is with  the parking from the courtyards spilling out onto the street.  it's not a pretty sight especially if you live in messina and have to drive through sunset cove.  just because they are $2M doesn't mean there aren't concerns living next to them.
The congestion on Sunset Cove is largely because of the landscape construction in the newly-built homes. I've lived at La Vita for over a year now, and I can assure you that no sane La Vita owner parks their car on the street (unless they're one of the two homes flanking the piazza, and even then it isn't likely). Most just park in their garages or on their driveway. Why would any owner park on the street just to walk a pretty long distance to their house? It doesn't happen. The only time it would happen is if they really have to, like if the driveway is covered with materials for landscaping, which I already addressed earlier.

Believe it or not, I've actually observed that most of the people that park their cars on Sunset Cove are Messina owners.

Villager said:
The congestion on Sunset Cove is largely because of the landscape construction in the newly-built homes. I've lived at La Vita for over a year now, and I can assure you that no sane La Vita owner parks their car on the street (unless they're one of the two homes flanking the piazza, and even then it isn't likely). Most just park in their garages or on their driveway. Why would any owner park on the street just to walk a pretty long distance to their house? It doesn't happen. The only time it would happen is if they really have to, like if the driveway is covered with materials for landscaping, which I already addressed earlier.

Believe it or not, I've actually observed that most of the people that park their cars on Sunset Cove are Messina owners.

i'm sure you're right as you are through that area much more than i am.  i have only been there sporadically in the day and night time but always seem to have to dodge through parked cars on sunset cove any time of day.  once the construction is done i'm sure the area will clear up nicely.  i have noticed quite a few of the street la vita owners park right in front of their door on sunset cove though, get out, and walk to their house as their door is actually on the street.

BangBros said:
Is OH3 supposed to be the creme of the crop as far as compared to Eastwood, Woodbury, Portola, and Cypress Village? 

Most elevated villages should carry a premium over the flatlands. PS is the anomaly.

Back