Orchard Hills Neighborhood 3

sharaabi said:
I had heard that the elementary planned in neighborhood 3 for Orchard hills has been cancelled and that they are not building it anymore.  Orchard Hills will be served by  Canyon View I believe.

Anyone have any updates on this?

What's Canyon View's current enrollment versus capacity? It looks like that school has availability since PS and PP kids were/are being sent there.  If it's not crowded, it would make sense for IUSD not to build a new school in Neighborhood 3.  I would imagine the immediate areas surrounding Canyon View will have less future demand for elementary as the homes get older, kids get older. 

From this somewhat outdated map (note that they call the Neighborhood 3, District 3) , that site has both the school and the park.  I hope they don't cancel that proposed new school.

Attachments

• orchard_hills_planning_10.jpg
    orchard_hills_planning_10.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 936
Proposed day care site at the entrance of Furrow at neighborhood 1?
That one has been cancelled.  It was supposed right next to Trevi. But there is a Montessori in the OH shopping center.

lnc said:
From this somewhat outdated map (note that they call the Neighborhood 3, District 3) , that site has both the school and the park.  I hope they don't cancel that proposed new school.

Talked to the IUSD, the reply is "there is no plan for openning an elementary at OH Neighborhood 3, at least in the near future.  There was a possibility, but now it more looks like won't be."

irvineboy said:
Proposed day care site at the entrance of Furrow at neighborhood 1?

When the Trevi homes were in the planning phase, the New Home Company requested to build more homes over the designated child care center site. The planing documents indicate there was some objection by staffers but Happycat is probably correct. They already have a Montessori at the nearby OH shopping center and Irvine is known to capitulate to builder demands.

5vws2o.jpg

2mcf7gm.jpg

Here's some updated info:

This neighborhood is going to be gated and there are two gated entrances.  1000 homes are planned and there are not all large SFRs, there will be some condos but not sure what type of condos (attached or detached) they are planning here.  Total of 626 SFRs, 374 condos and few private parks.

Attachments

• Orchard Hills N3 info.jpg
    Orchard Hills N3 info.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 519
  • Orchard Hills N3 Map.jpg
    Orchard Hills N3 Map.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 823
Are they still planning to build an IUSD elementary school there? I remember someone posting about the school being canceled.

iacrenter said:
Are they still planning to build an IUSD elementary school there? I remember someone posting about the school being canceled.

I don't think there's elementary school anymore.  I look pretty hard on this latest info that came out in Feb's city planning meeting and there's no trace of elementary school in any of the doc and maps. 

It looks like there's another school in the works on the future ps enclave 4/5, elementary? Middle school?

1.5 acres seems like a pretty small park to me... especially in comparison to the Resort in neighborhood 1, which is a little over 6 acres.

lnc said:

This neighborhood is going to be gated and there are two gated entrances.  1000 homes are planned and there are not all large SFRs, there will be some condos but not sure what type of condos (attached or detached) they are planning here.  Total of 626 SFRs, 374 condos and few private parks.
wasnt neighborhood three suppose to be only large SFRs?

shadyoc said:
lnc said:

That's the surprise from that piece of new info, there will be lower priced condo at this gated neighborhood. 

Just think if that detached condo is under $1M at gated neighborhood and zoned to IUSD's NW High, we got a winning combo here.

lnc said:
shadyoc said:
lnc said:

That's the surprise from that piece of new info, there will be lower priced condo at this gated neighborhood. 

Just think if that detached condo is under $1M at gated neighborhood and zoned to IUSD's NW High, we got a winning combo here.

I always thought IP made a huge mistake by not offering the San Mateo/Petaluma floor plans in their portion of Orchard Hills. Look at the runaway sales success of Corte Bella (a similar product) and the decidedly poor sales of Entrata and Vista Scena (a smaller attached version of San Mateo/Petaluma). Not the first time I have questioned the lack-of-brain trust at IP.

Does this mean that neighborhood 3 will include Irvine Pacific? Did I miss the list of who the builders might be?

DrTravel said:
Does this mean that neighborhood 3 will include Irvine Pacific? Did I miss the list of who the builders might be?

You have not miss anything, there's no public info out yet and no idea who are the builders. 

Right now TIC is on very early stage of planning for this neighborhood and more info should come out in the near future. 

I've notice there's a lot of construction activity going on here.  Near the intersection of Wolf Trail and Orchard Hills where future gated entrance will be, a lot of tree been cut down or removed and a lot of earth mover activity going on. 

Looks like OH Neighborhood 3 is going forward and TIC is beginning to build the general infrastructure for this neighborhood. 

lnc said:
shadyoc said:
lnc said:

Where did this information come from?  Neighborhood three was suppose to be nicer big homes near the lake I thought?

ao8gmv.jpg

Image courtesy of Test's post.http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,10941.0.html

lovingit said:
lnc said:
shadyoc said:
lnc said:

Where did this information come from?  Neighborhood three was suppose to be nicer big homes near the lake I thought?

Back