Orchard Hills Neighborhood 3

dethman said:
i've always wondered how much of a fire hazard going that deep would be.  i drive the toll road frequently and there's a sign right where neighborhood 1 phase 2 starts, that says 'entering hazardous fire area'

I have the same concerns but technically OH falls outside the high fire danger zone. But I call BS. Even being next to the border is not good.

The future gated Altair neighborhood (Great Park) will be in the fire danger zone and even Portola HS looks like it sits on border.

rv8t48.jpg

iacrenter said:
dethman said:
i've always wondered how much of a fire hazard going that deep would be.  i drive the toll road frequently and there's a sign right where neighborhood 1 phase 2 starts, that says 'entering hazardous fire area'

I have the same concerns but technically OH falls outside the high fire danger zone. But I call BS. Even being next to the border is not good.

The future gated Altair neighborhood (Great Park) will be in the fire danger zone and even Portola HS looks like sits on border.

rv8t48.jpg

The Santiago Fire in 2007 burned parts of Orchard Hills and reached all the way to Portola Pkwy.

The fire jumped over Portola and into the northernmost tip of Stonegate.

Portola Springs was similarly affected and yes, the fire did jump over Irvine Blvd to what is now the new high school.  It also affected what is now Baker Ranch 2.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/fire-375080-flames-santiago.html?graphics

WTTCHMN said:
iacrenter said:
dethman said:

The future gated Altair neighborhood (Great Park) will be in the fire danger zone and even Portola HS looks like sits on border.

The Santiago Fire in 2007 burned parts of Orchard Hills and reached all the way to Portola Pkwy.

The fire jumped over Portola and into the northernmost tip of Stonegate.

Portola Springs was similarly affected and yes, the fire did jump over Irvine Blvd to what is now the new high school.  It also affected what is now Baker Ranch 2.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/fire-375080-flames-santiago.html?graphics

You are right. I remember all the charred eucalyptus trees along Irvine Blvd at the current Crean Lutheran sports field. There were brush fires along the 241 backing PS and along the 261 by OH neighborhood 1, phase 2.

lovingit said:
lnc said:
Legit949 said:
Neighborhood 2 - Corte Bella - sold out, Strada and the Condos are almost sold out, Terrazza should be sold out by the end of the year, but not built out, townhomes will probably go into 2017. Neighborhood 1 (Original Groves/Gated Area) still has the communities above (Models open next month?), Trevi's part 2 and the huge homes to be built by Toll Brothers. The original neighborhood 1 "The Groves Gated Area" is almost completed, but there is more to the Groves yet to be built...

Nice sum up and just want to add to the above comment.  The developer divided gated OH neighborhood 1 into 4 phases.  The phase 1 is the area that is almost completed and they will open phase 2 next month with Varenna.

Is neighborhood 2 only Varena?

There are 3 tracks at the phase 2 but only Varenna is opening next month.  One other track supposidely to be Capella II but not clear if TM is still going forward with it. 

Here's a picture taken from outside of future south entrance (corner of Wolf Trail & Orchard Hills).

The entrance road will curve to the right and at left of the picture where several earth mover parked, a park will be build there.  That flat top piece of land at the center will be future home site and looks like some home there will have view.

Attachments

• OH-N3 South Entrance  9-17-16.jpg
    OH-N3 South Entrance 9-17-16.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 549
  • OH-N3 South Entrance  Pic.jpg
    OH-N3 South Entrance Pic.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 689
We need to demand that we place a pm guard .  We need to be guard gated after 5 pm.  Orchard hill market is crashing.

Sevive said:
We need to demand that we place a pm guard .  We need to be guard gated after 5 pm.  Orchard hill market is crashing.

Seems like it's not guard gated in the daytime either - I'm assuming this is because so many are still visiting the model home sales offices?  What's the official stance from HOA on when the community will be 24-hr guard gated?

aquabliss said:
Sevive said:

Seems like it's not guard gated in the daytime either - I'm assuming this is because so many are still visiting the model home sales offices?  What's the official stance from HOA on when the community will be 24-hr guard gated?

Good luck! There will likely be years of open gates. I anticipate at least 2-3 more years of new home sales within the Groves.

iacrenter said:
aquabliss said:
Sevive said:

Good luck! There will likely be years of open gates. I anticipate at least 2-3 more years of new home sales within the Groves.

yeah it's pretty lame.  i thought they at least had a guard at night but you can just get in with a code right now.

Orchard Hills Neighborhood 3's 364.14 acres site was originally approved for 583 homes with 2 public park, 2 private park and 1 elementary school. 

But according to the city document filed early this year,  1000 home was proposed, 2 public park was eliminated and the elementary school was relocated to Eastwood.  The lot 2 in the map below was originally planned for a public park and a elementary school but now that lot is going to be for homes.  Newly proposed 1000 homes includes 626 SFR and 374 detached condos.  (For comparison, Laguna Altura consists of 597 homes, entire OH Neighborhood 1 consists of 1394 homes, EW has 1900 homes)   

Now according to the latest filling in the last few month, there are going to proposed only 734 units instead of 1000.  367 detached condos (down from 374) and 367 SFRs.  Not sure if they reduced to 367 SFR from the original 626 or they are just going wait on the remaining 200+ more SFR to be proposed later.

Tract 18009 (16.96 acres): 149 Detached Condo
Tract 18010 (11.50 acres):  85 SFR
Tract 18011 (12.20 acres):  95 Detached Condo
Tract 18012 (15.60 acres):  123 Detached Condo
Tract 18013 (12.83 acres):  75 SFR
Tract 18014 ( 9.66 acres):    60 SFR
Tract 18016 (17.89 acres):  96 SFR
Tract 18019 ( 8.30 acres):    51 SFR.

Eight of the numbered lots are going to be homesite.  Lot 5 is a 1.5 acres private park.  Lot 10 was originally planned as public park but now it's eliminated.  No sure what are they going to build there.  There's a larger 2.7 acres private park (call Lot X) located in the middle of Lot 3.

Looks like the developer is targeting completion of main infrastructure sometime in 2017 but no info on the home builder, lot map, floor plan and grand opening date.

index.php

Attachments

• OH3 track map.jpg
    OH3 track map.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 5,164
  • oh3 map.jpg
    oh3 map.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 841
lnc said:
Orchard Hills Neighborhood 3's 364.14 acres site was originally approved for 583 homes with 2 public park, 2 private park and 1 elementary school. 

But according to the city document filed early this year,  1000 home was proposed, 2 public park was eliminated and the elementary school was relocated to Eastwood.  The lot 2 in the map below was originally planned for a public park and a elementary school but now that lot is going to be for homes.  Newly proposed 1000 homes includes 626 SFR and 374 detached condos.  (For comparison, Laguna Altura consists of 597 homes, entire OH Neighborhood 1 consists of 1394 homes, EW has 1900 homes)   

Now according to the latest filling in the last few month, there are going to proposed only 734 units instead of 1000.  367 detached condos (down from 374) and 367 SFRs.  Not sure if they reduced to 367 SFR from the original 626 or they are just going wait on the remaining 200+ more SFR to be proposed later.

Tract 18009 (16.96 acres): 149 Detached Condo
Tract 18010 (11.50 acres):  85 SFR
Tract 18011 (12.20 acres):  95 Detached Condo
Tract 18012 (15.60 acres):  123 Detached Condo
Tract 18013 (12.83 acres):  75 SFR
Tract 18014 ( 9.66 acres):    60 SFR
Tract 18016 (17.89 acres):  96 SFR
Tract 18019 ( 8.30 acres):    51 SFR.

Eight of the numbered lots are going to be homesite.  Lot 5 is a 1.5 acres private park.  Lot 10 was originally planned as public park but now it's eliminated.  No sure what are they going to build there.  There's a larger 2.7 acres private park (call Lot X) located in the middle of Lot 3.

Looks like the developer is targeting completion of main infrastructure sometime in 2017 but no info on the home builder, lot map, floor plan and grand opening date.

oh3%20map_zpsi5ezdx0l.jpg

great info.  it seems like this neighborhood is becoming less appealing.  fewer SFRs than originally proposed, many more condos, and they've removed a few parks and an elementary school.  perhaps it's a good thing i didn't wait for it to open up.  do you know which tracts #s go into which lots #s?

dethman said:
great info.  it seems like this neighborhood is becoming less appealing.  fewer SFRs than originally proposed, many more condos, and they've removed a few parks and an elementary school.  perhaps it's a good thing i didn't wait for it to open up.  do you know which tracts #s go into which lots #s?

No idea which track goes into which lot but we can take an educated guess that lot 4,7,8,9 will be some larger SFR and those detached condo will probably go to lot 1,2, and 3.

It's a shame that they removed the elementary school but I think it still going to be a pretty good community though. This one is going to compete with Altair but Altair will come out first.  Both are gated community with lower priced detached condos and zone to IUSD.  Curious which one will sell better.

Why would they put detached condos on the IUSD side?  Doesn't that make the neighborhood less attractive?  I would think that if they had detached condos, they would put condos on the TUSD side near the toll road.

lovingit said:
Why would they put detached condos on the IUSD side?  Doesn't that make the neighborhood less attractive?  I would think that if they had detached condos, they would put condos on the TUSD side near the toll road.

since OH began all the attached products, detached condos, and small SFRs were on the IUSD side.  the groves side has had all larger SFRs.

Got these pictures from a friend. 

The panoramic photos are taken from the southern part of region 1, the other is taken from the east side of region A.

Attachments

• Photo Oct 16, 10 49 16 AM__1476658055_68.5.94.168.jpg
    Photo Oct 16, 10 49 16 AM__1476658055_68.5.94.168.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 590
  • Photo Oct 16, 10 49 34 AM__1476658036_68.5.94.168.jpg
    Photo Oct 16, 10 49 34 AM__1476658036_68.5.94.168.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 402
  • Photo Oct 16, 10 54 04 AM__1476658019_68.5.94.168.jpg
    Photo Oct 16, 10 54 04 AM__1476658019_68.5.94.168.jpg
    666.6 KB · Views: 450
Dude, you climb into that big dirt mount?  That's awesome man, thank for the pics.

Wow, you can see the orange GP balloon from here, nice.  I'm calling dibs on those view lots. :)

The grading activity in OH Village III is impressive. There were dozens of guys working on a slope yesterday morning - a Sunday. Does anyone know the expected timeframe for Village III's debut?

Attachments

• 20161023.jpg
    20161023.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 363
I'm under the impression they're going to be preparing the land until early 2017.  It's about 80 days build the models with landscaping, maybe less if all goes as expected.  Can't really start the models until the streets and utilities are in.  So I would guess mid spring 2017 if they stay on an aggressive schedule.  They seem to be going 6 to 7 days per week up there lately. 

Back