Orchard Hills Neighborhood 3

lovingit said:
lnc said:
shadyoc said:
lnc said:
Here's some updated info:

This neighborhood is going to be gated and there are two gated entrances.  1000 homes are planned and there are not all large SFRs, there will be some condos but not sure what type of condos (attached or detached) they are planning here.  Total of 626 SFRs, 374 condos and few private parks.
wasnt neighborhood three suppose to be only large SFRs?

That's the surprise from that piece of new info, there will be lower priced condo at this gated neighborhood. 

Just think if that detached condo is under $1M at gated neighborhood and zoned to IUSD's NW High, we got a winning combo here.

Where did this information come from?  Neighborhood three was suppose to be nicer big homes near the lake I thought?

It's near a really big reservoir but I guess you can call it a lake. :)

The info is from city planning office's document.

They are quickly grading this area designated as parks/school near the entrance. Does anyone know how quickly models could be finished if the grading is well under way in early 2016?

curious whether anyone has the proposed layout of neighborhood 3 or if anyone knows who will build there.  we would move for 4000+sq ft + guard gates + IUSD. 

we are considering vicenza, messina, and saviero at this time but i'm not really excited about being either next to the toll road, living next to courtyard homes, or being looked down on by trevi and capella.

dethman said:
curious whether anyone has the proposed layout of neighborhood 3 or if anyone knows who will build there.  we would move for 4000+sq ft + guard gates + IUSD. 

we are considering vicenza, messina, and saviero at this time but i'm not really excited about being either next to the toll road, living next to courtyard homes, or being looked down on by trevi and capella.

Have you looked at Hidden Canyon?

Man, you sound like a snob.

WTTCHMN said:
dethman said:

Have you looked at Hidden Canyon?

Man, you sound like a snob.

LOL thats what I was thinking. 

haha just a wannabe snob.  can't afford 2.5M at hidden canyon.

1.8-2M is doable though which is where the grove homes are priced.  tough to realize that at 2M in irvine you still have to make compromises unfortunately.

Here's design of two of the parks at neighbrohood 3 and this firm is responsible for the design of Neighborhood 3's master landscape, tails, and parks.  FYI, they also did the La Vita.
http://eptdesign.com/matt-durham.php

Attachments

• OH N3 Lot X park.jpg
    OH N3 Lot X park.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 595
  • OH N3 Lot 5 park.jpg
    OH N3 Lot 5 park.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 504
dethman said:

1.8-2M is doable though which is where the grove homes are priced.  tough to realize that at 2M in irvine you still have to make compromises unfortunately.

Isn't Amelia doable at $1.9-2?  We almost did Vicenza Plan 1 but couldn't live with the proximity to the toll.

Paris said:
dethman said:

Isn't Amelia doable at $1.9-2?  We almost did Vicenza Plan 1 but couldn't live with the proximity to the toll.

amelia i think right now is more around 2 to 2.1 without upgrades or flooring, which would add about 150-200K i think.  and we didn't like the plans that much actually for the price.

our favorite home at the groves (other than trevi 3) actually was vicenza 2.  had 4 bedrooms + den + loft + master retreat plus large bright open downstairs with a large 2 story dining room, at 4100 sqft for a lot less than amelia.  some of the lots were decent size too.  the proximity to the toll road however was unfortunate, and people keep telling me bad things about KB.

Is it that bad living next to 261 toll?  I barely see any cars on that toll heading up on normal hours.  Probably a lot less than major streets like Culver or Jamboree.  They started building walls and planting trees next to the toll to block out against the new Varenna homes.  That might help out.

Also, add few trees and water feature to wash out the sound from the toll.

Goriot said:
Is it that bad living next to 261 toll?  I barely see any cars on that toll heading up on normal hours.  Probably a lot less than major streets like Culver or Jamboree.  They started building walls and planting trees next to the toll to block out against the new Varenna homes.  That might help out.

Also, add few trees and water feature to wash out the sound from the toll.

You can spend a few minutes in the Saviero models to determine whether it's something that would concern you. You can see it from their models. I think their models have water features to mask the noise.

Stupid question guys, how much of OH is already built out? I've been to neighborhood 1 a bunch of times, but is neighborhood 2 already built out as well?

Gotcha, thanks Legit. So 1 and 2 is almost in the books, here comes #3.

Neighborhood 4 is right above Eastwood yeah?

Neighborhood 2 - Corte Bella - sold out, Strada and the Condos are almost sold out, Terrazza should be sold out by the end of the year, but not built out, townhomes will probably go into 2017. Neighborhood 1 (Original Groves/Gated Area) still has the communities above (Models open next month?), Trevi's part 2 and the huge homes to be built by Toll Brothers. The original neighborhood 1 "The Groves Gated Area" is almost completed, but there is more to the Groves yet to be built...

Legit949 said:
Neighborhood 2 - Corte Bella - sold out, Strada and the Condos are almost sold out, Terrazza should be sold out by the end of the year, but not built out, townhomes will probably go into 2017. Neighborhood 1 (Original Groves/Gated Area) still has the communities above (Models open next month?), Trevi's part 2 and the huge homes to be built by Toll Brothers. The original neighborhood 1 "The Groves Gated Area" is almost completed, but there is more to the Groves yet to be built...

Nice sum up and just want to add to the above comment.  The developer divided gated OH neighborhood 1 into 4 phases.  The phase 1 is the area that is almost completed and they will open phase 2 next month with Varenna.

Attachments

• Orchard Hills Development Map 2016.jpg
    Orchard Hills Development Map 2016.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 801
Neighborhood 1, Phase 4 should have some great views and a lot of privacy that deep into the orchard. I'm guessing they would reserve that for some Trevi size+ homes.

i've always wondered how much of a fire hazard going that deep would be.  i drive the toll road frequently and there's a sign right where neighborhood 1 phase 2 starts, that says 'entering hazardous fire area'

lnc said:
Legit949 said:

Nice sum up and just want to add to the above comment.  The developer divided gated OH neighborhood 1 into 4 phases.  The phase 1 is the area that is almost completed and they will open phase 2 next month with Varenna.

Is neighborhood 2 only Varena?

Back