Oil

Or do away with all the specialty blend bs, drop taxes and build new refineries?here. Increase supply and prices will fall in line. Oh and drill baby drill more?soon you will find gas back to where it should be..$2.00/gallon.

AW said:
morekaos said:
Really only in California?average price in US is only $3.80/gallon.  What does that tell you?
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1293019/us-daily-average-gas-prices/

Tells us that drill, baby drill isn?t the answer, gas prices can go up due to limiting refinery output.
Renewable energy sounds like a solution. 
Ah, rainbows ahead.  ;D >:D ;)

Exactly. Oil price isn't the problem. Drill, baby drill would have been an answer if oil price were at $150, but it's hovering around $80.

It doesn?t have to be an either/or.
We need to have abundant, stable, secure energy and low prices (it shouldn?t be a luxury).
Beyond that, why not take advantage of solar, nuclear, wind, etc?
Why not incentivize people to produce their own energy and lower their grid demand using batteries?
We need to drill, baby, drill.
We also need to deploy more solar.
We also need to build nuclear.

I would love to see a future of clean energy but it has to be also be cheaper than the alternative. Until then, we need to do whatever it takes to keep energy abundant and cheap.

I had to pay like $100 to fill my sienna at shell ($$$!) because the line at Costco was too long.

At least with the real estate slow down I'm driving a lot less.  Back in May-June I was filling up almost 2x a week at Costco which resulted in spending about $800 for gas. 

A true car wreck as fantasy crashes headlong into reality? ;D ;D >:D

Electric vehicles and the evacuation of Florida

It is fortunate that as of the current moment, electric vehicles constitute only about 100,000, out of nearly 8 million vehicles registered to drive on Florida?s roads. What if they all were electric, the (impractical) dream dream of greenies?
Depending on how heavily loaded they were, even assuming everyone had a full battery charge, cars from southern Florida would start running out of juice after 100 ? 250 miles. They would then have to spend hours at recharging stations, which would rapidly be clogged with other cars and trucks waiting their turn, since an electricity ?fill up? can easily take an hour or more, as compared to a couple of minutes for gasoline.  Cars waiting to be charged would spill onto the highways, potentially blocking traffic.
Those cars that ran out of juice on the highway would block traffic. Even assuming that emergency service vehicles could get to them (unlikely if the entire fleet were electric cars), towing a portable generator (powered by fossil fuels, of course) and recharging the stalled vehicles would take plenty of time, as well, further blocking traffic.  The stranded cars would, of course, have no air conditioning, no wipers, no GPS

In all likelihood, the highways would become vast parking lots, trapping their passengers wherever they happened to be stalled, waiting for the storm and flood waters to reach them, unable to get to safety.
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/09/electric_vehicles_and_the_evacuation_of_florida.html

Thanks for the moremisinformation.

And you already admitted you don't believe fact checker sites so what's the point?

morekaos: "I get to post unverified stories and misinformation without research yet I won't believe the real facts."

AW said:
Ah, another fear post

alot of what ifs...

Gonna be pretty tough living in an electric car. Once you stop and it runs out of juice it ain?t ever gonna move again. ;D ;D >:D

morekaos said:
AW said:
Ah, another fear post

alot of what ifs...

Gonna be pretty tough living in an electric car. Once you stop and it runs out of juice it ain?t ever gonna move again. ;D ;D >:D

As others have mentioned, if the hurricane knocks out the entire grid, you think your gas stations will magically work?  You'll be stuck with everyone else, towing your yacht going a short distance since your vehicle only goes 9mpg.  Going to be siphoning manually at the gas stations?  LoL
>:D :'( :-X :-[ ::)

I do wish I was driving the hyrbid Sienna with 35 miles/gallon.  My non-hybrid Sienna gets like 16.x miles/gallon on city roads.

Electric cars are nice for commute to work with charging stations on both ends.  But from prepper perspective I would not want to bug out in one.

AW said:
morekaos said:
AW said:
Ah, another fear post

alot of what ifs...

As others have mentioned, if the hurricane knocks out the entire grid, you think your gas stations will magically work?  You'll be stuck with everyone else, towing your yacht going a short distance since your vehicle only goes 9mpg.  Going to be siphoning manually at the gas stations?  LoL
>:D :'( :-X :-[ ::)

Whatever it takes, but at least I have an option.

momopi said:
I do wish I was driving the hyrbid Sienna with 35 miles/gallon.  My non-hybrid Sienna gets like 16.x miles/gallon on city roads.

Electric cars are nice for commute to work with charging stations on both ends.  But from prepper perspective I would not want to bug out in one.

After Ford screwed me over with not fulfilling my order for the 2022 Mach-E, I've decided to keep my Prius Prime. Wanted to switch me over to 2023 model, which means I won't qualify for rebate. The only reason I wanted to buy the 2022 Mach-E for was the rebate.

Keeping the Prius Prime really is the best thing to do since my commute is less than 6 miles one way, so I don't use gas. But I'll still go fill up gas every 3-4 months or so just to get new gas in the tank.

And I'll be saving money for the Cielo down payement.  ;D

Back