Oil

morekaos said:
Yah, this is helping?.China!!

Oil from U.S. reserves sent overseas as gasoline prices stay high

A third cargo headed to China, another source said.

https://www.reuters.com/business/en...verseas-gasoline-prices-stay-high-2022-07-05/

This explains exactly why Cali tax is what it is:
https://ktla.com/news/taxes-fees-make-up-1-18-per-gallon-of-gas-in-california/

Taxes:
Federal Excise Tax: 18 cents per gallon
State Excise Tax: 51 cents per gallon
Sales Tax (estimated): 10 cents per gallon
Fees:
Low Carbon Gas Programs: 22 cents per gallon
Greenhouse Gas Programs: 15 cents per gallon
Underground Tank Storage: 2 cents per gallon

That was before the gas tax went up July 1st. Gas was a buck a gallon less at the time the article was written, so add 10 cents at least for additional sales tax and state excise tax. Subtract the price AZ pays in state/federal tax and poof........... almost exactly the price diff at the pump between Tustin Costco and the Costco here.

So there ya have it. The difference is due to taxes and fees. You have to add in the additional fees to get to the bottom line.

AZ gets 60% of their gas from Cali but doesn't have those extra fees. No refineries in AZ makes it more than states like Texas. Cali has their own refineries but when one goes down, they don't have the ability to import gas from other states so they have less gallons available at the pump and prices go up whereas other states get more from other pipelines to fill the temporary void.

Always just thought gas stations had higher labor/leases but it's really all about the money going to the state. What was I thinking? LOL!

Ready2Downsize said:
morekaos said:

https://www.reuters.com/business/en...verseas-gasoline-prices-stay-high-2022-07-05/

Taxes:
Fees:

That was before the gas tax went up July 1st. Gas was a buck a gallon less at the time the article was written, so add 10 cents at least for additional sales tax and state excise tax. Subtract the price AZ pays in state/federal tax and poof........... almost exactly the price diff at the pump between Tustin Costco and the Costco here.

So there ya have it. The difference is due to taxes and fees. You have to add in the additional fees to get to the bottom line.

AZ gets 60% of their gas from Cali but doesn't have those extra fees. No refineries in AZ makes it more than states like Texas. Cali has their own refineries but when one goes down, they don't have the ability to import gas from other states so they have less gallons available at the pump and prices go up whereas other states get more from other pipelines to fill the temporary void.

Always just thought gas stations had higher labor/leases but it's really all about the money going to the state. What was I thinking? LOL!

What's interesting is that gas in Nevada should be close to what it is in Arizona but it's about $0.50 higher than AZ prices and $0.50 lower than CA prices.  I always thought that to be kind of strange.  Plus CA and NV don't get the good stuff for the premium gasoline (93 octane)

USCTrojanCPA said:
Ready2Downsize said:
morekaos said:

Taxes:
Fees:

What's interesting is that gas in Nevada should be close to what it is in Arizona but it's about $0.50 higher than AZ prices and $0.50 lower than CA prices.  I always thought that to be kind of strange.  Plus CA and NV don't get the good stuff for the premium gasoline (93 octane)
I only check costco prices because they are pretty steady so I can get an idea of trend and it's easier to remember.

Part of the reason we r lower here is there are quite a few near a sam's club and it seems they compete on price with Sam's usually winning by a penny. There is no costco near my one daughter in the Northern part of AZ and their prices are a little higher. First day they dropped the price, next day twice in one day and then again the next day. LOL!

Sometimes there are other stations lower, but I only look at Costco so I can remember what it's been.

Maybe NV has less stations so less competition and how far are u willing to drive to save 10-20 cents? U burn all the difference getting there.

On Monday it will be four weeks since I've been here. Both cars are still on the gas we bought at the border on the way here. I probably will fill my tank Sunday since I'm going to see my daughter up north.

Idiot!!

MORE OIL, PRETTY PLEASE?

It's the handshake that the White House doesn't want to talk about.

For weeks, the question of whether President Joe Biden will shake Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's hand when he visits Saudi Arabia this week has hounded officials reluctant for the president to be seen warming up to the man the U.S. believes is responsible for a journalist's murder.

They have jumped linguistic hurdles to avoid saying whether the two leaders would clasp hands, and at first took pains to not even utter Prince Mohammed's name ? saying instead Biden would meet with "King Salman and his leadership team."
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/que...kward-approach-saudi-arabia/story?id=86816412

morekaos said:
Idiot!!

MORE OIL, PRETTY PLEASE?

It's the handshake that the White House doesn't want to talk about.

For weeks, the question of whether President Joe Biden will shake Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's hand when he visits Saudi Arabia this week has hounded officials reluctant for the president to be seen warming up to the man the U.S. believes is responsible for a journalist's murder.

They have jumped linguistic hurdles to avoid saying whether the two leaders would clasp hands, and at first took pains to not even utter Prince Mohammed's name ? saying instead Biden would meet with "King Salman and his leadership team."
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/que...kward-approach-saudi-arabia/story?id=86816412

Even in Tustin, the price of gas is down 10%

drove around Irvine all day because I don't care about burning gas, I really like the vibe of South of 405 (USC got a good neighborhood)..North Irvine is way too crowded. Columbus Square and Tustin Ranch are also nice area too.

USCTrojanCPA said:
CalBears96 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
morekaos said:
To what? $5.50??that helps. ;D ;D >:D

Yeah down from $6.19 to $5.59 at the Tustin Ranch Costco.

Tustin Ranch Costco and Spectrum Costco are both $5.39 today. Eastvale Costco is $5.25.

Yeah, regular unleaded was $5.39...I have to put premium in my Macan.

Good Lord! Price should fall quicker than that! $5.99 to $5.39 is 10% we've fallen to $4.39 from $5.49 which is 20% here. 60% of our refined oil comes from Cali. Must be all those taxes and fees holding up prices in Cali.

Gotta come back to Cali for a party in a week. Hoping to see under $5 by then!

Wadda ya know?

Trump Was Right About Europe?s Dangerous Dependence On Russian Energy

Former President Donald Trump predicted this energy power struggle in September 2018 in his speech at the U.N. General Assembly.

?Germany will become totally dependent on Russian energy if it does not immediately change course. Here in the Western Hemisphere, we are committed to maintaining our independence from the encroachment of expansionist foreign powers,? Trump boasted.

Trump made similar remarks during a NATO summit earlier that same year. ?Germany, as far as I?m concerned, is captive to Russia because it?s getting so much of its energy from Russia,? Trump told NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg. ?We have to talk about the billions and billions of dollars that?s being paid to the country we?re
https://thefederalist.com/2022/07/2...ropes-dangerous-dependence-on-russian-energy/

morekaos said:
Wadda ya know?

Former President Donald Trump predicted this energy power struggle in September 2018 in his speech at the U.N. General Assembly.

?Germany will become totally dependent on Russian energy if it does not immediately change course. Here in the Western Hemisphere, we are committed to maintaining our independence from the encroachment of expansionist foreign powers,? Trump boasted.

Trump made similar remarks during a NATO summit earlier that same year. ?Germany, as far as I?m concerned, is captive to Russia because it?s getting so much of its energy from Russia,? Trump told NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg. ?We have to talk about the billions and billions of dollars that?s being paid to the country we?re
https://thefederalist.com/2022/07/2...ropes-dangerous-dependence-on-russian-energy/

Trump totally understood geopolitics and made many good decisions driven by that philosophy. Not sure I see anyone else in the GOP or Dem field that has as good of a grasp of " a deal driven mentality"

I like Trump for his foreign policy... especially with China... not so much with Russia.

His knowledge of election policy... however... was sorely lacking.

OCtoSV said:
morekaos said:
Wadda ya know?

Trump totally understood geopolitics and made many good decisions driven by that philosophy. Not sure I see anyone else in the GOP or Dem field that has as good of a grasp of " a deal driven mentality"

Trump is a sociopathic mob boss, that?s what makes him so effective with the totalitarian foreign powers.  It?s like looking in a mirror and everything is how does this give me leverage.

Back