Oil

morekaos said:
AW said:
morekaos said:
AW said:
Ah, another fear post

alot of what ifs...

Gonna be pretty tough living in an electric car. Once you stop and it runs out of juice it ain?t ever gonna move again. ;D ;D >:D

As others have mentioned, if the hurricane knocks out the entire grid, you think your gas stations will magically work?  You'll be stuck with everyone else, towing your yacht going a short distance since your vehicle only goes 9mpg.  Going to be siphoning manually at the gas stations?  LoL
>:D :'( :-X :-[ ::)

Whatever it takes, but at least I have an option.

Really?  You?d siphon at a gas station.  Ha ha ha

Instead, should just live here with power and internet.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/02/us/solar-babcock-ranch-florida-hurricane-ian-climate/index.html

sweet sweet renewables  >:D ::) ;D

With gas prices this high siphoning is gonna become a problem here soon. Was in the 70?s when prices and shortages happened.  Increase supply and all those problems disappear?like magic, drill baby drill!

morekaos said:
With gas prices this high siphoning is gonna become a problem here soon. Was in the 70?s when prices and shortages happened.  Increase supply and all those problems disappear?like magic, drill baby drill!

The crowd here probably also dismisses supply side policies as "trickle down" economics..Russia has proven energy security is priority #1 and we had it under Donnie.

OCtoSV said:
morekaos said:

The crowd here probably also dismisses supply side policies as "trickle down" economics..Russia has proven energy security is priority #1 and we had it under Donnie.

They?d rather be dependent on China for solar panels, wind turbine blades and rare earth metals for batteries?that?s smart. ;D ;D >:D

morekaos said:

drill baby drill for your unicorn on the supply side $2/gallon?
i'd guess that we'll see $2 in fed/state/other taxes alone...  >:D :-X :p 8)

CalBears96 said:
momopi said:
I do wish I was driving the hyrbid Sienna with 35 miles/gallon.  My non-hybrid Sienna gets like 16.x miles/gallon on city roads.

Electric cars are nice for commute to work with charging stations on both ends.  But from prepper perspective I would not want to bug out in one.

After Ford screwed me over with not fulfilling my order for the 2022 Mach-E, I've decided to keep my Prius Prime. Wanted to switch me over to 2023 model, which means I won't qualify for rebate. The only reason I wanted to buy the 2022 Mach-E for was the rebate.

Keeping the Prius Prime really is the best thing to do since my commute is less than 6 miles one way, so I don't use gas. But I'll still go fill up gas every 3-4 months or so just to get new gas in the tank.

And I'll be saving money for the Cielo down payement.  ;D

I just helped a friend find a 22 Mach-E for only $5k over MSRP. With a $6k bump in MRSP for the 2023 model, the $7500 Fed credit and the $2k Cali rebate... you would save more by finding a 22 model with a moderate mark-up before end of year.

I use Ford's site to find available models (green window stickers mean customer order, blue is dealer allocation) and then check the dealer's site and contact them for more information. It's a bit of work... but you can find a 2022 model for moderate markup if you have patience.

irvinehomeowner said:
CalBears96 said:
momopi said:
I do wish I was driving the hyrbid Sienna with 35 miles/gallon.  My non-hybrid Sienna gets like 16.x miles/gallon on city roads.

Electric cars are nice for commute to work with charging stations on both ends.  But from prepper perspective I would not want to bug out in one.

After Ford screwed me over with not fulfilling my order for the 2022 Mach-E, I've decided to keep my Prius Prime. Wanted to switch me over to 2023 model, which means I won't qualify for rebate. The only reason I wanted to buy the 2022 Mach-E for was the rebate.

Keeping the Prius Prime really is the best thing to do since my commute is less than 6 miles one way, so I don't use gas. But I'll still go fill up gas every 3-4 months or so just to get new gas in the tank.

I just helped a friend find a 22 Mach-E for only $5k over MSRP. With a $6k bump in MRSP for the 2023 model, the $7500 Fed credit and the $2k Cali rebate... you would save more by finding a 22 model with a moderate mark-up before end of year.

I use Ford's site to find available models (green window stickers mean customer order, blue is dealer allocation) and then check the dealer's site and contact them for more information. It's a bit of work... but you can find a 2022 model for moderate markup if you have patience.

Yeah, no, I'm not willing to pay for the markup. It's not like I need the Mach-E. In fact, it's better for me in every way to keep the Prius Prime. I think everyone agrees that we should have at least one hybrid car at home. And the Prius serves the perfect purpose for a short daily commute. And right now, our priority is down payment for Cielo.  ;D

CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
CalBears96 said:
momopi said:

Yeah, no, I'm not willing to pay for the markup. It's not like I need the Mach-E. In fact, it's better for me in every way to keep the Prius Prime. I think everyone agrees that we should have at least one hybrid car at home. And the Prius serves the perfect purpose for a short daily commute. And right now, our priority is down payment for Cielo.  ;D

Ahhhh?white privilege problems? ;D ;D >:D

irvinehomeowner said:
CalBears96 said:
momopi said:

Honestly, paying over MSRP for any regular production car is not a smart move.  New and used car prices are heading lower very soon.  I was not willing to pay over MSRP for my Taycan and was lucky enough to find an MSRP allocation from a dealer in VA which required a non-refundable deposit of $10k which turned out to be great as it grandfathered me into the old EV tax credit laws.  :D

Sure, no one likes to pay over MSRP... but it's crazy right now.

But in the Mach-E scenario I described, if you do the math, even if you pay $5k over MSRP on a 2022 model now, that's still less than the increased MSRP on the same 2023 model that you would have to order and can't get until next year where you won't be eligible for the $7500 Fed credit.

irvinehomeowner said:

But in the Mach-E scenario I described, if you do the math, even if you pay $5k over MSRP on a 2022 model now, that's still less than the increased MSRP on the same 2023 model that you would have to order and can't get until next year where you won't be eligible for the $7500 Fed credit.
have you guys noticed dealers marking up the car price since the fed credit is now available again?

sleepy5136 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

have you guys noticed dealers marking up the car price since the fed credit is now available again?

Not sure what you are referring to. As of August 16, only NorthAm built vehicles are eligible for the current $7500 Fed credit. In 2023, the rules will change that involves the already instituted NorthAm final assembly requirement, NorthAm battery assembly, battery materials (NorthAm or trade partners), MSRP limits, and income limits.

Prior to August 16, more vehicles were eligible... now less are but dealers are still marking up EVs that don't have a Fed credit.

irvinehomeowner said:
sleepy5136 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Not sure what you are referring to. As of August 16, only NorthAm built vehicles are eligible for the current $7500 Fed credit. In 2023, the rules will change that involves the already instituted NorthAm final assembly requirement, NorthAm battery assembly, battery materials (NorthAm or trade partners), MSRP limits, and income limits.

Prior to August 16, more vehicles were eligible... now less are but dealers are still marking up EVs that don't have a Fed credit.

Yeah, the new bill is actually worse for manufacturers whose rebate hadn't expired yet.

Drill baby drill!!  Have we learned nothing from Germany and the fool?s errand of dependence on others for energy?  Also, what happened to the return of ?respect? for the US overseas?this is a nice slap in the face in return for the ?fist bump?. Solid work Brandon.

OPEC+ agrees to cut oil production by 2 million barrels a day in blow to Biden
The OPEC+ group of oil-producing nations agreed Wednesday to slash oil production by 2 million barrels per day as it seeks to stabilize global oil prices after months of decline, delivering a major blow to the Biden administration ahead of the midterm elections.
Members of the group, which includes Saudi Arabia and Russia, are hoping to spur recovery and prevent volatility after oil prices dropped to around $90, down from $120 three months earlier.
The decision comes despite intense pressure from the United States, which has lobbied Saudi Arabia not to cut production.

The production cuts are the largest since the COVID-19 pandemic and threaten to drive a major wedge between OPEC+ members and President Joe Biden at a politically perilous time for his party in Congress.

In July, Biden made his first presidential visit to Saudi Arabia, which he described on the campaign trail as a ?pariah? for ordering the 2018 murder of U.S.-based journalist Jamal Khashoggi at its embassy in Istanbul. On that trip, he urged the kingdom to increase production and help drive down gas prices.

Oil prices jumped this week in anticipation of the news. Futures for international benchmark Brent crude rose as high as $92.00 per barrel early Wednesday, while futures for U.S.-based West Texas Intermediate increased to $86.66.

It remains unclear what impact the OPEC+ production cuts will have on gas prices in the U.S. or how quickly those would be reflected in the markets.
https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/opec-heads-deep-supply-cuts-clash-with-us-2022-10-04/

Remember when we were laughing at $5 gas? Anyone still laughing now?

morekaos said:
That really seems cheap now, Huh?... :D :D >:D

morekaos said:
CalBears96 said:
morekaos said:
A year ago I was paying $2.90 for a gallon of gas = $6.00 a gallon gas...fact or just my opinion.  Numbers...just numbers.

Except gas now is about $4.00. Stop lying.

Also, what does that have to do with anything? A year ago, demand was less because fewer people were driving. I mean, seriously. Stop using misinformation.

You were saying?.... ;D ;D >:D
Gas prices hit $5 in Manhattan

NEW YORK - Gas prices are on the rise and they have hit nearly $5 for regular and are now about $5.40 a gallon for supreme in Manhattan.

A Mobil station on 11th Ave. on the West Side had the eye-popping prices on Monday evening.

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/gas-prices-hit-5-in-manhattan

I wonder where oil will go with no more SPR oil being sold into the market but I'm glad I have an EV coming in a few months.  That being said, I have a few ICE GT cars coming soon too.  ;)

USCTrojanCPA said:
I wonder where oil will go with no more SPR oil being sold into the market but I'm glad I have an EV coming in a few months.  That being said, I have a few ICE GT cars coming soon too.  ;)

Just Plain Stupid  depleting our emergency reserves is short sighted and dangerous.  Release American production.  Drop taxes and loosen regulation.  Open up ALL leasing and divert wasteful ?green? funding into domestic production?It really is that simple.  Drill Baby Drill!!

Biden Releasing 10 Million More Barrels of Oil From US Strategic Petroleum Reserve After OPEC Cut

President Joe Biden?s administration will release 10 million more barrels of oil from the U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve following an Oct. 5 OPEC+ announcement that the cartel will slash oil production.

That decision was announced hours after the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC+) confirmed it would cut oil production by 2 million barrels per day. The cut marks a setback for Biden, who visited Saudi Arabia in July to push the kingdom into increasing production amid historically high U.S. gas prices.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/biden-releasing-10-million-more-barrels-of-oil-from-us-strategic-petroleum-reserve-after-opec-cut_4777412.html?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=TheLibertyDaily

This should help with energy prices?Keep digging

Biden admin weighs complete block on offshore oil drilling as gas prices keep rising

"Every previous administration, whether Republican or Democrat, has recognized the strategic advantages of U.S. offshore domestic energy and fulfilled their statutory obligation to maintain an offshore leasing program and continuously hold lease sales," Frank Macchiarola ? API's senior vice president of policy, economics and regulatory affairs ? told reporters on a call Thursday. "Yet, the Biden administration has failed to address current and future U.S. energy needs."

"Announcing a program with zero new lease sales would be the exact wrong policy at the wrong time," he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/biden-admin-weighs-complete-block-on-offshore-oil-drilling-as-gas-prices-keep-rising/ar-AA12FigU?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=d5821bd12e0c4663b49bbbc7dac6bd1c

Biden admin looks to scale down Venezuela sanctions, allow more pumping of oil rated among world's dirtiest
The Biden administration is reportedly gearing up to wind down sanctions against Venezuela?s authoritarian regime, clearing the way for Chevron to resume its oil operations and reopen U.S. and European markets.
The World Bank's 2022 Global Gas Flaring Tracker Report comparing flaring intensity indicated a barrel of oil produced in the United States was significantly cleaner than what was produced in Venezuela, with only Syria and Yemen ranking worse.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politic...la-sanctions-allow-pumping-oil-world-dirtiest

CalBears96 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
sleepy5136 said:
Gas has gone up a full dollar in the span of one month due to "unexpected" refinery maintenance. sketchy as hell.

More like $1.30-$1.40 now.

This Monday, my wife filled up gas at Eastvale Costco at $5.29. Today it's $5.85. A couple of weeks ago, it was $4.85. Oil price hasn't been this low for months. Last time gas was $5.85, oil was around $110. Fishy as hell.

The explanation is simple: The corporations were greedy during the last price surge, then they stopped being greedy for awhile, but now they are greedy once again!

Back