Montecito - 2010 Woodbury Collection

This thread is turning into a train wreck. Who cares if the buyers of Montecito are Han Qing-Wang, Woo Suk Park, or John Smith. Let's get back on topic!

Yes sir. Phase 3 release is next Wednesday. Their pricing:
Plan1-$739000, $3000 increase from phase 2
Plan2-$779000 or $784000, $1000 increase from phase 2
Plan3-$807000, $1000 increase from phase 2

Some lots with higher prices because of it's elevation with the balcony.

So I stand by my original observation that their didn't increase their pricing by $20000 from phase 1 to phase 2. Their highest priced plan1 in phase 1 was $732500. Compare to $736000 in phase 2, that's $3500 increase. I can honestly say they are doing this correctly by not increasing the price too much.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]They shouldn't be increasing the prices at all... they should be lowering them.[/quote]
Image how pissed the buyers of Phase 1 and 2 would be if that happened. Not to mention the fact that it would give people a perception that if they wait longer they can get a lower price. The last thing they'll do is lower the price...they'll throw in upgrade incentives, lender incentives, and buyer agent commissions before they lower the price.

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA"]
[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]They shouldn't be increasing the prices at all... they should be lowering them.[/quote]
Image how pissed the buyers of Phase 1 and 2 would be if that happened. Not to mention the fact that it would give people a perception that if they wait longer they can get a lower price. The last thing they'll do is lower the price...they'll throw in upgrade incentives, lender incentives, and buyer agent commissions before they lower the price. [/quote]

Actually, it's smart of them to increase the pricing for future phases. It's a marketing scheme. It gives the perception that their home prices will increase. So, more people are apt to purchase in the first phases to get better deals. Next time they open a new phase, people will rush to buy.

[quote author="frank69m"]
[quote author="USCTrojanCPA"]
Image how pissed the buyers of Phase 1 and 2 would be if that happened. Not to mention the fact that it would give people a perception that if they wait longer they can get a lower price. The last thing they'll do is lower the price...they'll throw in upgrade incentives, lender incentives, and buyer agent commissions before they lower the price. [/quote]

Actually, it's smart of them to increase the pricing for future phases. It's a marketing scheme. It gives the perception that their home prices will increase. So, more people are apt to purchase in the first phases to get better deals. Next time they open a new phase, people will rush to buy.[/quote]
Exactly, and as we all know perception can become reality very quickly.

Usually i used to get emails the very next day after phase release that they are sold out.
This time after phase 3 i haven't seen any such email yet. Although 4 days have gone by.

Not implying anything. But it seems to me that they will build about the 1/2 the phases they have planned and the construction will stop for a while. Key will be when they open back i wonder what the new pricing will be.

I think same will be true for all other developments as well in the 2010 collection.

I stopped in on Friday and all of phase 3 were sold. I spoke with the agent there and she said they were all accounted for.

[quote author="escrowbear"]I stopped in on Friday and all of phase 3 were sold. I spoke with the agent there and she said they were all accounted for.[/quote]

Yep. Montecito called people on Wednesday and by the end of the day, all of Phase 3 was sold.

This might have been mentioned already, but I heard from a Brookfiled administrator that they will be building on the lot in Woodbury right across from the school. Sounds like it will be exactly like the Monticeto. I advised him not to put a wall around it. We will see what happens.

[quote author="escrowbear"]Did they just have another release?[/quote]

Phase 4 was released on Saturday.

Demand still seems very strong! We are on the list but we are still looking at resales in the meantime. Given the price increases, by the time our number is called it might be too expensive for us! lol.

[quote author="escrowbear"]Did they jack up the prices again? All sold out?[/quote]

It appears to be sold out. The prices went up by $2000.

Back