Montecito - 2010 Woodbury Collection

i agree the lower mello roos is definitely a plus for WBE... the sight of the cell tower scares me though... not sure if there are any around WB, but i haven't seen any.

[quote author="fe9000"]
Montecito (High 600, that's before they increase the price after Dec 3, I am still bitter about this by the way). [/quote]

I am too. If only Plan 1 started at high 6's and Plan 2 started at low-mid 700's. Sigh.

[quote author="ajw522"]
[quote author="fe9000"]
Montecito (High 600, that's before they increase the price after Dec 3, I am still bitter about this by the way). [/quote]

I am too. If only Plan 1 started at high 6's and Plan 2 started at low-mid 700's. Sigh. [/quote]

This was the reason that I registered for Montecito. But we still bought it. Like what grace said, the sheep still got slaughtered.

hey, at least you two got in on the earlier phases... if i get one in the next few phases i'll end up paying even more! lol.

[quote author="irvinefan"]hey, at least you two got in on the earlier phases... if i get one in the next few phases i'll end up paying even more! lol.[/quote]

Doh!! Well, you will have a bigger lot than mine. :'( Besides you may have an opportunity to get the two remaining lots that are not in a motorcourt.

Those people must really really want these two lots to be waiting this long and keep passing on earlier phase releases.

[quote author="fe9000"]Those people must really really want these two lots to be waiting this long and keep passing on earlier phase releases.[/quote]

The bad thing, though, about those 2 lots, is that they are right next to Long Meadow, one of the major streets coming into Woodbury. You would hear a lot of street noise.

[quote author="ajw522"]
[quote author="fe9000"]Those people must really really want these two lots to be waiting this long and keep passing on earlier phase releases.[/quote]

The bad thing, though, about those 2 lots, is that they are right next to Long Meadow, one of the major streets coming into Woodbury. You would hear a lot of street noise.[/quote]

Very true. It will be the same for all the homes on that side of community. However, I may not mind for those two lots though. I don't know, easy for me to say, it's not like I have the option to pick anyway.

[quote author="fe9000"]
[quote author="ajw522"]

The bad thing, though, about those 2 lots, is that they are right next to Long Meadow, one of the major streets coming into Woodbury. You would hear a lot of street noise.[/quote]

Very true. It will be the same for all the homes on that side of community. However, I may not mind for those two lots though. I don't know, easy for me to say, it's not like I have the option to pick anyway.[/quote]

Lol. But I guess in retrospect, you have the premium of being 1 of 4 houses not on a motorcourt out of the 76 homes total in Montecito. Maybe the street noise won't be too big of a deal for a buyer.

yeah i was wondering how bad the street noise would be as well so i went out to the lot on that side to test it, but it didn't seem that bad to me... i guess backing to long meadow seems minor compared to sand canyon (which i was considering previously). <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

[quote author="irvinefan"]yeah i was wondering how bad the street noise would be as well so i went out to the lot on that side to test it, but it didn't seem that bad to me... i guess backing to long meadow seems minor compared to sand canyon (which i was considering previously). <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->[/quote]

Agreed. Long Meadow is nothing compare to Sand Canyon. Just the trucks going through will be loud plus other speeding cars. So were you considering Coronado?

[quote author="fe9000"]
[quote author="irvinefan"]yeah i was wondering how bad the street noise would be as well so i went out to the lot on that side to test it, but it didn't seem that bad to me... i guess backing to long meadow seems minor compared to sand canyon (which i was considering previously). <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->[/quote]

Agreed. Long Meadow is nothing compare to Sand Canyon. Just the trucks going through will be loud plus other speeding cars. So were you considering Coronado?[/quote]

Definitely not comparable to Sand Canyon. But you've got much more street noise then those in the inner area of Montecito (like where you are FE, Phase 1 homes).

Were you considering Coronado or Sonoma?

miesian said:
A better location is coming. I have heard that TIC is proposing to place Montecito on the currently empty parcel in front of Woodbury Elementary on Great Lawn and Revival. A presentation was made to the neighborhood on Monday. 66 additional Montecito homes in a walled enclave right in the heart of the community.

Not sure if anything official has come out from TIC yet, but I overheard one of the sales people at Montecito talking about the Montecito part 2 in the center of WB, near the Commons.  Looks like it has been approved and TIC will be following through with the plans. 

Yes. Sales said the same thing to me. Not confirmed but considering their last phases will be out in May, they want to keep the momentum going. If you look at a VillagesOfIrvine.com map of Woodbury, you'll see a vacant are just below the Commons and Woodbury Elementary. I believe that is where it will be.

irvinehomeowner said:
Yes. Sales said the same thing to me. Not confirmed but considering their last phases will be out in May, they want to keep the momentum going. If you look at a VillagesOfIrvine.com map of Woodbury, you'll see a vacant are just below the Commons and Woodbury Elementary. I believe that is where it will be.

Yes, that's where I believe it will be as well.

Hello Montecito buyers,

Quick question about the conservatory room options, I know that wasn't an option in earlier phases.  Just wondering if they were offering that option and if so, could you share how much?

fe9000 said:
Hello Montecito buyers,

Quick question about the conservatory room options, I know that wasn't an option in earlier phases.  Just wondering if they were offering that option and if so, could you share how much?

bump

The option for conservatory room is $24K and adds about 140 square feet.  It's about $172 per square foot, but takes a lot of useable backyard away.  It's probably not worth it since you are not going to have much left over as a backyard without the "California Room"

Back