Montecito - 2010 Woodbury Collection

Hello,

Longtime lurker here.  I just wanted to say Hi and that I'll be a fellow neighbor.  We ended up with a Plan 3!  Although, most of you have pointed out the undesirables, the home itself suits us for what we need. 

Hope to see some of you in the neighborhood.

Take care

Anna

annabanana said:
Hello,

Longtime lurker here.  I just wanted to say Hi and that I'll be a fellow neighbor.  We ended up with a Plan 3!  Although, most of you have pointed out the undesirables, the home itself suits us for what we need. 

Take care

Anna

Good to have you here and congrats on your new home.  So when will you be joining the neighborhood?

Congratulations Anna...

Are you in Phase 7?

I do like the floorplans of Montecito.  I also like the fact that it comes with many things standard so you don't have to spend a lot on options.  Also, the options seem to be less expensive than Sonoma.

Although many people don't like the motorcourt, I think it is much better than the detached condos for resale in Woodbury, especially when they are going for almost the same price. 

And most of the Montecito homes are on "semi-corner" lots.  I say "semi-corner" lot because the neighbor in front of the house is closer than usual, but not as close as a neighbor to the side.  I think the "semi-corner" lots do make up a little for the motorcourt.  I think all plan 3s are at the end of motorcourt, so it will be a corner lot. ;D

annabanana said:
Hello,

Take care

Anna

Congratulations, Anna

If Montecito would stop raising their prices on the Plan 2... we would actually buy one in Montecito II. We like that location being next to the school although it has its pros and cons (traffic in the morning would be horrendous).

Has anyone got phone calls on Montecito (or any other) saying that a buyer fell out? It seems like these 2010 Collection homes have a pretty good retention rate (must be the prequal process).

I bet that even if they offered a 1% broker co-op... they would have even more buyers.

I just called the Montecito office and backed out on plan 2, lot 12.  Call and see if you can get one if you want it.  The price is $792K and it is not on the drainage side of the motorcourt, if that matters.

There's no way Montecito will offer broker co-op of any kind.  The homes are selling like hot cakes.

I had a choice between the Montecito plan 2 or Sonoma plan 3.  Sonoma is almost  $100K more, but it is 300+ sq feet larger.  Montecito would fulfill my family's need of 4br/3ba and would put us in much more position financially.  Sonoma would give us the 4br/3ba and the extras such as loft, more open kitchen, dedicated dining off the kitchen, more storage space, balcony joining bedroom 2 and 3 for kids, etc.  So at the end, we bit the bullet and signed with Sonoma. 

Irvine2Irvine said:
I had a choice between the Montecito plan 2 or Sonoma plan 3.  Sonoma is almost  $100K more, but it is 300+ sq feet larger.  Montecito would fulfill my family's need of 4br/3ba and would put us in much more position financially.  Sonoma would give us the 4br/3ba and the extras such as loft, more open kitchen, dedicated dining off the kitchen, more storage space, balcony joining bedroom 2 and 3 for kids, etc.  So at the end, we bit the bullet and signed with Sonoma. 

That's really cool.  Congrats.  I would also lean towards Sonoma if it wasn't for the price.

So the lot that you picked with Sonoma, is it still a zero lot line lot?  Personally, that doesn't bother me, just asking to see if they actually offer one without zero lot line.

Unfortunately, it IS a zero-lot-line.  Being a current homeowner of a zero-lot-line, I really wanted one without it.  As I said in another post, my current neighbor over waters her side yard affecting my zero-lot-line wall.  I looked at the architect plan and my Sonoma neighbor will not have enough room for side yard lawn where it will affect my wall, so that relieve my concerns a little.  I never thought a small yard would come in handy, but in this case it did.

If you are looking for non  zero-lot-line, then corner houses and lots 79-84 in phase 9 and 10 should be regular lots.  They are also larger lot, so you do have to pay a premium.  I thought about waiting but did not want to take a chance of not being able to buy.  I only registered in Feb and they didn't even call me during last phase.  I was "lucky" to get this house when someone else backed out of it.  They still have one plan 3 available but it's too close to Sand Canyon for my taste.  Also phase 10 non zero-lot-line house will be very close to Sand Canyon.  At the end, I decided to live with the zero-lot-line.

Thanks all for your kind remarks.

Since this is a Montecito thread, let me chime in on what I think of Montecito.
I think Montecito homes are nice homes with good floorplan.  Motorcourt is something new (at least for me) and it will take a while for us to get used to it.  I do like motorcourt homes more than detached condos.  I remember when I first started seeing detached condos, I just laughed at the concept.  Well the joke is on me because during my house hunting past few months, I actully looked at them and considered them as a viable option.  I also couldn't imagine myself living in a house with a lot size smaller than 5000 square feet, but now I am buying a house with a 3600 square feet lot.
I believe motorcourt homes will become more common and people will get used to them, at least in Irvine. 

I congratulate all the people who bought a Montecito home!!!

Irvine2Irvine said:
Thanks all for your kind remarks.

Since this is a Montecito thread, let me chime in on what I think of Montecito.
I think Montecito homes are nice homes with good floorplan.  Motorcourt is something new (at least for me) and it will take a while for us to get used to it.  I do like motorcourt homes more than detached condos.  I remember when I first started seeing detached condos, I just laughed at the concept.  Well the joke is on me because during my house hunting past few months, I actully looked at them and considered them as a viable option.  I also couldn't imagine myself living in a house with a lot size smaller than 5000 square feet, but now I am buying a house with a 3600 square feet lot.
I believe motorcourt homes will become more common and people will get used to them, at least in Irvine. 

I congratulate all the people who bought a Montecito home!!!
Congrats on your purchase I2I.  The cold reality is that people who want to buy newer homes in Irvine will have no choice but to get used to SFRs with zero-lot lines and/or motorcourts....that's where the future is going.  Kinda said that a new traditional SFR with a regular lot line with a sidewalk, driveway, and 6,000sf+ lot will trade at a huge premium in Irvine.

high water curtains
OC14012009_5_0.jpg

fridge dont fit
OC14012009_10_0.jpg

bag lady
OC14012009_12_0.jpg

Can all be yours for almost 1 milhttp://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/80-Marblehead-92620/home/28931797

Back