Montecito - 2010 Woodbury Collection

[quote author="ajw522"]
[quote author="qwerty"]"That's OK, rep on site claims that Montecito is sold out until Phase 3 next year. " From yesterdays astute observations on IHB by woodbury renter.[/quote]

I'm sorry, I don't get what you mean. Phase 3 is the next phase and they are starting it next year???[/quote]

They already sold out? I went to see them and I don't think it is anything special. Something about walking out of my door and 3 steps later I'm on the streets isn't special to me.

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA"]
[quote author="ajw522"]Well, I do know that if you did not register on the first day, I can guarantee you you won't be able to purchase. Phase 2 is already sold out, and they are only @ 10:05 on the first day <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->.[/quote]
Is that what the sales reps are telling you?[/quote]

I was at 10:04, and when they called me for phase 2, only 3 houses were left. And pretty soon after that, they sold out for Phase 2

But... there are no guarantees those houses will close escrow.

Things happen... "sold out" just means "buy now or be priced out forever".

[quote author="frank69m"]
[quote author="ajw522"]

I'm sorry, I don't get what you mean. Phase 3 is the next phase and they are starting it next year???[/quote]

They already sold out? I went to see them and I don't think it is anything special. Something about walking out of my door and 3 steps later I'm on the streets isn't special to me.[/quote]

You wish Frank. It is not even a street it is an alley.

In Chinese culture houses of good fortune front door access must be facing the street and pedestrian court. The back is for strayed dogs, cats, and beggars waiting for their the residents leftover dinner.

In Feng Shui a front door in the portal of wealth and this is why Chinese love double wide doors with 2 story tall pillars.

All houses in China must must have North South axis. Houses harvest bad luck if it has the main door off the alley. Many houses do have a door to the back alley for disposal of left over food, trash, and emptying out potty chambers. The restrooms are positioned always next to the alley where the sewer is.

Because of the sewer under the alley front doors must not share access. The Chinese have avoided this for 7 thousand years.

[quote author="graceomalley"]

They already sold out? I went to see them and I don't think it is anything special. Something about walking out of my door and 3 steps later I'm on the streets isn't special to me.[/quote]

In Chinese culture houses of good fortune front door access must be facing the street and pedestrian court. The back is for strayed dogs, cats, and beggars waiting for their the residents leftover dinner.

In Feng Shui a front door in the portal of wealth and this is why Chinese love double wide doors with 2 story tall pillars.

All houses in China must must have North South axis. Houses harvest bad luck if it has the main door off the alley. Many houses do have a door to the back alley for disposal of left over food, trash, and emptying out potty chambers. The restrooms are positioned always next to the alley where the sewer is.

Because of the sewer under the alley front doors must not share access. The Chinese have avoided this for 7 thousand years.

[/quote]

Guess Grace won't be investing in Montecito

[/quote]

Hmm...well if the Chinese are so scared and hate motorcourts, then why are almost all of the buyers Chinese??

[quote author="ajw522"]

[/quote]

Hmm...well if the Chinese are so scared and hate motorcourts, then why are almost all of the buyers Chinese??[/quote]

You are assuming they are Chinese. There are lots of Koreans also.

[quote author="ajw522"]

Hmm...well if the Chinese are so scared and hate motorcourts, then why are almost all of the buyers Chinese??[/quote]

You are assuming they are Chinese. There are lots of Koreans also.[/quote]

I am not assuming. I have seen the list of buyers for each lot sold. Many are Chinese, and a few are Indian.

[quote author="ajw522"]

You are assuming they are Chinese. There are lots of Koreans also.[/quote]

I am not assuming. I have seen the list of buyers for each lot sold. Many are Chinese, and a few are Indian.[/quote]

Do you consider the last name Lee Chinese or Korean? How about Hwang?

[quote author="ajw522"]

I am not assuming. I have seen the list of buyers for each lot sold. Many are Chinese, and a few are Indian.[/quote]

Do you consider the last name Lee Chinese or Korean? How about Hwang?[/quote]

Lee is Korean. Hwang is Chinese. Now, there is a possibility that Lee could sometimes by Chinese, but by looking at the first name- you can usually tell if it's Chinese or Korean.

My point here is that obviously, unlike BK says, Chinese don't seem to have much of a problem with the motorcourt.

When Chinese were hungry they ate rats, dogs, and cats too. If food is abundance they actually cherry pick shark fin and bird nest. Fast forward to the future when TIC decides to put the front doors back on the street and you are trying to sell your home with an entry off the motorcourt. Brindisi is a good example in westpark with the entry off the motorcourt. No one even bother to look at them.

Well, I am Taiwanese and we bought. Not that we don't care, we just didn't know about it. We are not experts, just know a very few simple rules like no stairs leads to the front door and the front door cannot face directly to the door leads to the back yard etc... I know the front door is a portal of wealth, just didn't put it in terms you are putting it. Now that you brought it up, I have to somehow figure out a way to tackle the Feng Shui issue. Hopefully there is a way to solve it by adding things in the front door area.

Lee is Korean. Hwang is Chinese. Now, there is a possibility that Lee could sometimes by Chinese, but by looking at the first name- you can usually tell if it's Chinese or Korean.

I know 2 Hwangs - one a professor at my university and another a friend of mine. Both are Korean..

[quote author="woodburyowner"]

I know 2 Hwangs - one a professor at my university and another a friend of mine. Both are Korean..[/quote]

You know, now that I think of it, I do know a Hwang that's Korean. I was wrong there. But, like I said above, if you look at the first name AND the Last name, you can usually tell. Fore example. if you had Woo-Suk Hwang, and Jianxiang Hwang, I think you can tell which one is Chinese and which is Korean, right? This is what I meant.

[quote author="ajw522"]

Lee is Korean. Hwang is Chinese. Now, there is a possibility that Lee could sometimes by Chinese, but by looking at the first name- you can usually tell if it's Chinese or Korean.[/quote]

Possibility? How about Bruce Lee and Ang Lee. They aren't Korean.

Alright alright! I understand there are Lee's that are not Korean (or for IHO's post, not even Asian). But I did not see those types of names on the list. I saw authentic Chinese names, like Jianxiang and Woo-Suk, not Bruce or Tommy, but names like I even saw one who had a POA listed; I'm guessing he doesn't even live here yet. You understand now? <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Back